NEurope
Hellfire

Wii MotionPlus- 1:1 add on

I'm not really following the MS stuff. What exactly are they supposed to reveal?

I think there's a 1:1 controller in the works. Sneaky Nintendo killing the hype a bit. That's buisness for you :D

Microssoft: BEHOLD... THE MIIMOTE!!!

Fans: Dude... that's so lame, Nintendo, like, announced the new WiiMote 2 hours ago...

Microssoft: WHAT? IT CANNOT BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, DAMN YOU NINTENDO, YOU WIN AGAIN!!!

Edit: Maase: Yay!!! Take that, Microssoft fans.

Fans: Whatever, Wii is just a toy.

*Maase came to reality again, and kills himself*

I REALLY REALLY hope Nintendo have thrown this at 3rd parties months ago, and unlike as they did with the "Revolution", most companies should lap this up now Wii has proven itself.

Nintendo really can't afford to take things slowly and watch with this. They should be co-operating with 3rd parties and blitzkrieging the market with games that utilize this, so it can become an overnight success. And everyone here has been whining for 1:1 to happen at some point, so we all know that an overnight success is more than plausible for this.

Wow, cool! Didn't expect that. Hopefully it costs less than £30. Otherwise it might be expensive to upgrade all 4 controllers.

I bet this will be pretty cheap. Maybe $15-$20

£30!??!?! It better be no more than £15!!!!

Also, I truly hope, though know Nintendo won't do it. That NEW Wii-Motes come built in with this new technology so we don't have these new addons. I would love that, then I'd just replace all my old wiimotes :)

If Microsoft are planning on unveiling the Xmote in just over an hour, then Nintendo have just well and truly owned them. Fucking awesome, think of the possibilities (Star Wars!).

I REALLY REALLY hope Nintendo have thrown this at 3rd parties months ago, and unlike as they did with the "Revolution", most companies should lap this up now Wii has proven itself.

Nintendo really can't afford to take things slowly and watch with this. They should be co-operating with 3rd parties and blitzkrieging the market with games that utilize this, so it can become an overnight success. And everyone here has been whining for 1:1 to happen at some point, so we all know that an overnight success is more than plausible for this.

Exactly. This has potential to make 3rd parties really good. I hope they really pitched this out to give 3rd parties time. The potential is really exciting me. Add this on with balance board with some games and some really great experiences.

Give me a freaking Phantasy Star game for the Wii with 1:1.

NAO!!!

I love how this thread has gown by a page in the space of writing 2 paragraphs. No-one is even going to read this post! Haha! * sticks a middle finger up to society*

Actually, everyone read it now, you choose the wrong time to post xD

£30!??!?! It better be no more than £15!!!!

Also, I truly hope, though know Nintendo won't do it. That NEW Wii-Motes come built in with this new technology so we don't have these new addons. I would love that, then I'd just replace all my old wiimotes :)

If that's true I may finally buy a 4th remote, I will for sure if it comes in black.

I don't understand. How is this better? It still doesn't track according to your body though? How is this good for sword games?

Its 1:1 which means the sword moves on screen when you move the controller, the exact same way you move the controller.

I don't understand. How is this better? It still doesn't track according to your body though? How is this good for sword games?

It's 1:1...

Every single movement the Wiimote has, it goes into the game exactly the same amount and much better tracking...

I dont think anyone know what technology it is but if they promise 1:1 BELIEVE that it is good. IF not go play red steel for a bit

What do you mean according to your body?

We don't know how it works yet, while with just accelarometers it's impossible to have 100% true 1:1, this probably adds a layer of sensibility that makes the wiimote detect finer movements, emulating it very very close. It probably creates more points of reference in the base of the wiimote, which can make a world of diffenrece, I suppose. We'll see.

Imagine if Capcom decide to do a Z&W style game with this. I know they said there wouldn't be a sequel, but with this, who knows, maybe they'll change their mind.

I'm not really following the MS stuff. What exactly are they supposed to reveal?

Rumour to be the Newton which is a 1:1 response motion controller

Poor Microssoft, Nintendo burned them again...

Its what i like about Nintendo, they may disappoint sometimes, but in times of desperation, they allways find a way to go back up

It's probably more than just finner accelerometers. Maybe it's capable of detecting it's position in space, but I don't know what kind of technology would be needed.

Looks like that company with motion sensing about 1:1 was true then. E3 should be good.

Shit hot news. I think it will come with a game. Better start doing more weights, the wiimote is getting heavier (and the wii is getting larger) with every passing E3.

Now I hope we see more games taking advantage..Red Steel "z" included.

I think EA announced a few months ago that Tiger Woods 09 would have 1:1 response as far as I remember...

Might be a sign third party titles with WMP is already in development.