NEurope
Hellfire

Wii MotionPlus- 1:1 add on

I don't really know what to expect from this though. Fingers crossed it'll be what we've wanted all along...

Tai Chi

MotionPlus + Balanced board supported

Announce, heck, ANY form for martial arts game utilising MotionPlus and Balance Board, and I'm gonna cream my pants - repeatedly!

If during the Nintendo Conference this guy appears on stage I will fracking cream myself in anticipation of what could be announced

That sure is flashy tech, but to be honest, I don't really see that working in a mainstream way for all videogames. Sure, it would probably be awesome for a FPS, as the chap demoed when he was dodging between the targets, but I don't think it's feasible to be injected into the market just yet.

why is everyone so happy about this :?

You do know your current Wii's are already capable of 1:1 motion right? Your putting all your hopes in this thing, but in reality, the reason why we don't have 1:1 has nothing to do with technology, devs simply don't want to do it.

It's a matter of, if I swing a blade using 1:1, and blade hits wall, and my hand goes through wall, sync go bye-bye, how do you solve that problem? There isn't any proper solution to it, and this won't make one, hence still no 1:1 motion.

What this will do... is beyond me, extra sensetivity probably won't be much use, especially for what it'll probably cost, but we'll see come the confrence

I'd pay money to hear that guy say "ullo bert"

Anyways, that looks amazing. Would love to see an fps take advantage of that tech.

You do know your current Wii's are already capable of 1:1 motion right? Your putting all your hopes in this thing, but in reality, the reason why we don't have 1:1 has nothing to do with technology, devs simply don't want to do it.

It's a matter of, if I swing a blade using 1:1, and blade hits wall, and my hand goes through wall, sync go bye-bye, how do you solve that problem? There isn't any proper solution to it, and this won't make one, hence still no 1:1 motion.

What this will do... is beyond me, extra sensetivity probably won't be much use, especially for what it'll probably cost, but we'll see come the confrence

Make it capable of destructing everything :D

If it goes against a wall, it destroys it...

First of all, the current remote cannot do 1:1.

Second, this is Nintendo, they've brought you quality games for years, why do you doubt they can overcome one little obstacle.

Making the motion more sensitive will make it a lot better. Have you played the Wii? It needs it :)

Also, you give ONE example of how 1:1 won't work. ONE. But what about all the other exampleswhere it WILL work?

Also, your argument still doesn't really make sense because the synch won't go if you hit something, when you remove you arm in place it can still track that!! The animation during the "hitting something" phase won't be exactly where you're at, but it won't take long to correct itself.

somehow i think this may use wii music to show this thinge

every game with "wii" before it by nintendo bundles a new peripheral with it. like wii fit it was balance board.

maybe with this its wii music. probably have something else too.

get me?

so...new expensive peripheral does what original was supposed to do in the first place? Classic Nintendo.

I think that this might read its distance from the sensor bar, without the actual camera seing the bar, hence making it possible to make very exact motion tracing that previously hasn't been possible, or quite simply has been impossible to get right (Wii Boxing could truly have used this.)

Does this also improve the nunchak sensor capabilities? I mean it looked that way from the Wii Sports 2 part of the conference...

Does this also improve the nunchak sensor capabilities? I mean it looked that way from the Wii Sports 2 part of the conference...

I can't see how it does though? I would have thought it was a sensor purely based on the wiimote that could detect how that was moving.

Well: I started to think that it might not be a sensor but just using the available sensors and doing better calculations or what ever...

I mean: I also don't see how they would but it seemed like the nunchak got improved too - though probably it didn't...

so...new expensive peripheral does what original was supposed to do in the first place? Classic Nintendo.

Its not Nintendo's fault that it wasnt commercially viable until now

Well: I started to think that it might not be a sensor but just using the available sensors and doing better calculations or what ever...

I mean: I also don't see how they would but it seemed like the nunchak got improved too - though probably it didn't...

That's fairly easy to explain. The Wiimote's got a cord between it and the Nunchuk. When you thrust your Nunchuk forward, you are likely to do the same with the Wiimote, and vice versa. Thereby, it calculates the Wiimotes distance from the console, and propperly programmed games make assumptions of when the 'chuck is moved along with the Wiimote.

My guess anyways.

I would still hope that we would see some improvement for the nunchak reaction. I mean e.g. the idea Okami had for using it was nice but the nunchak just isn't good enough in detecting which direction you moved it...

The waterski stuff didn't actually come across like it needed anymore precise control than they have, that part was confusing. I guess the new title doesn't necessarily use the motionplus to its fullest for everything.

There could be many solutions for that problem, here you are an example I just thought about: when you hit a wall or any other surface you can't cut with a blade, if you keep moving across that obstacle the blade will fall from your hand and you'll have to pick it up (of course, going back with your hand for real).

Problem solved... it wasn't hard, was it? ;)

Well, for me this has been the best thing shown at e3 so far. What's strange though is why they didn't keep it a secret until the conference, and why they didn't have a couple more games shown that used it =/

I think that this Wii motion plus could be extremely useful and interesting in a Soul Calibur Title (e.g. it would have fitted into Soul Calibur Legens - though that one got released already in the US, didn't it?)...

WTF?! ME NAH UNDERSTAND

Oh seen translation haha

And it has potential it really is down to the developers and how long they have actually none about this technology.