NEurope
Hellfire

Wii MotionPlus- 1:1 add on

Nintendo's upcoming Wii MotionPlus accessory for the revolutionary Wii Remote controller again redefines game control, by more quickly and accurately reflecting motions in a 3-D space. The Wii MotionPlus accessory attaches to the end of the Wii Remote and, combined with the accelerometer and the sensor bar, allows for more comprehensive tracking of a player’s arm position and orientation, providing players with an unmatched level of precision and immersion. Every slight movement players make with their wrist or arm is rendered identically in real time on the screen, providing a true 1:1 response in their game play. The Wii MotionPlus accessory reconfirms Nintendo’s commitment to making games intuitive and accessible for everyone. Nintendo will reveal more details about the Wii MotionPlus accessory and other topics Tuesday morning at its E3 media briefing.

lApMjLBYdw7v2ATJbBTQ1lLHPs4jxMFx.jpg

http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/eMMuRj_N6vntHPDycCJAKWhEO9zBvyPH

What the fuck? Is that real?

You know, Ive been thinking lately that will NIntendo release a new wiimote to combat the inevitably better imitations from MS (and poss Sony). And if this is real, than this is it. And if so, then I am pleased about it as it needs to stay ahead of the game.

What the fudge is going on?

wow ! <does a barrel roll>

This must be a spoiler against microsofts predicted new wand remote.

Bet it comes with punchout...meaning yet another game bundled with a peripheral and yet more shortages due to manufacturing constraints

1:1 ZELDA SWORD FIGHTING CONFIRMED

DELAY TO the STAR WARS Unleashed so support can be included CONFIRMED

Nintendo wins E3

Aw fuck! Why did they do this! They fucked everything up, now we all know what this E3 is about and why we didn't have any news all this time. I don't mind having another expansion, but this will divide future games.

o.O

So they are admitting that the Wiimote isn't actually that good then? And does that one on the left have a jacket on it that fits around the MotionPlus add-on? :wtf:

Aw fuck! I did they do this! They fucked everything up, now we all know what this E3 is about and why we didn't have any news all this time. I don't mind having another expansion, but this will divide future games.

Dude! 1:1 ! Finally!

Ok finally this could reignite my interest in Wii as we may finally get games that are more than waggle...what a way to shit all over microsofts want controller...

Wait, what? But will it be an upgrade to all motion sensing games or is it going to be used in new games? I hope it gets included for free in a game.

I know no one can answer for now.

But I think this technology should have been included inside the controller from the start. The wiimote is getting to much attachments this way, and it seems we can't use the Nunchuck this way.

Hopefully this will be used well. That's all I can say. They'd better get some games out soon that use this to show how it can be used. I'm starting to get similar thoughts on what this will be used for as what I had when they first revealed the Wii remote when we thought it would have 1:1 motion sensing.

Of course it will improve motion sensing in ALL games, it'll just be much more precise. I'm just pleased that Nintendo isn't resting on the laurels and are constantly improving their tech..... Great news!!

Wait, what? But will it be an upgrade to all motion sensing games or is it going to be used in new games? I hope it gets included for free in a game.

I know no one can answer for now.

But I think this technology should have been included inside the controller from the start. The wiimote is getting to much attachments this way, and it seems we can't use the Nunchuck this way.

There's a port for the nunchuck.

And yes, it's a shame it wasn't there from the start, which probably means it wasn't cheap enough at the time and where Nintendo doesn't see profit... well, they don't touch it lol

Of course it will improve motion sensing in ALL games, it'll just be much more precise. I'm just pleased that Nintendo isn't resting on the laurels and are constantly improving their tech..... Great news!!

To do that they would have to update all the games that have been released to support this. Its going to be for new games only.

Also there's a little door like thing on the back to plug in the nun-chuck.

Great news. Finally true 1:! is upon us. Wonder how much the attachment will cost. And with this, means we should see games using this at E3.

Give me a 1:1 sword fighting game. NAO!!

Also blender, must you be so conclusive?

@Emasher, we need to wait and see how it works first, there's every chance it can still work with older games to make it more precise. Depends how it works.

To do that they would have to update all the games that have been released to support this. Its going to be for new games only.

Also there's a little door like thing on the back to plug in the nun-chuck.

My bet is that is should not matter. Its just less noise and the game should operate more smoothly. Think how you can get a more precise laser mouse versus a dirty roller ball.

The problem with old games is that they wont use the available precision and so might seem clumsy -- a bit like analouge versus digital

Great news. Finally true 1:! is upon us. Wonder how much the attachment will cost. And with this, means we should see games using this at E3.

Link's Great Fairy Sword Training is upon us all! :o

I wonder, could this possibly give more possibility to the rumor of a new zelda.

You know what this will be bundled with? Wii Music? Yep, I called it.

But 1:1 is still impossible for sword fighting. There's no way for them to make resistance to the player when the swords clash.

My bet is that is should not matter. Its just less noise and the game should operate more smoothly. Think how you can get a more precise laser mouse versus a dirty roller ball.

The problem with old games is that they wont use the available precision and so might seem clumsy -- a bit like analouge versus digital

The way the blurb on Nintendo's website talks about it, it doesn't make that seem like the case, but we'll see tomorrow.