NEurope
Raining_again

Right guys, it's time to cheer up....

....this sub-forum might have to be renamed to Emo Chit-Chat! The horrors :blank:

So, running with the theme:

How do you cheer yourself up when you are feeling down?

Eating chocolate is definitely on my top 5 things to help me feel better, along with reading a book (escapism for the win!) hanging with awesome people (heres looking at you ballymena n-e folk ^___^) and a bit of ranting on my blog.

Or maybe just some sleep! It really does wonders!

G0!

How do you cheer yourself up when you are feeling down?

What's frightening is that I don't know.

i grab the old katana and start swinign it around.

that sounds infinately more terrifying then it actualy is.

Play games, talk to Letty, phone/MSN to friends and family, watch a movie, watch TV, moan to someone... :p

That shit usually helps me.

i grab the old katana and start swinign it around.

I do that as well. But I don't use euphemisms.

I like to go for a stroll and see where I end up. Sometimes just around the corner, sometimes just a bit over the hill, sometimes I wake up and find myself tied to a tree naked, my buttocks aching and a family of sparrows nestling in my hair.

Get off the PC.

I would much rather be out the house with some mates than staring at a Computer screen.

with greg :)

playing games with certain people :P

beating people at street fighter and wwf game thing (woohoo - u know who u are)

eating nice food :)

I stick on my, my chemical romance C.D and create a post on my livejournal page. ;)

Usually I come here or play games. Sometimes I go for a bike ride.

eee ^_^. I do lots of things actually:

- Interwebz (except for maybe some of the threads but anyway!)

- Games

- Read

- Music

- Go for a walk

- Tidying

I don't know why for the last one, maybe just having everything clean brings a smile to my face, I feel for the guys at uni because I hate mess after like a day!

Read Yotsuba or Azumanga Daioh.

No, Im totally serious, even if your not even into manga, this shit is a legal high. God bless Kiyohiko Azuma.

....this sub-forum might have to be renamed to Emo Chit-Chat! The horrors :blank:

Pfft, to you I say: “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.â€

Anyway, I like to talk. There are some people that just make everything feel better without even trying.

Imogen Heap tends to cheer me up, even her sad songs. Can't beat a bit of bubbly electronica.

I play games, obviously. Phantom Hourglass is my current remedy as it's just so damn good.

Sometimes I actually prefer to harness my bad feelings: I tend to write a lot better whilst miserable, the satisfaction of which inadvertently makes me feel better. Convenient.

I sometimes go for a walk (usually more when angry than sad) and listen to music.

Listening to fun music often helps too.

Watching TV too, although it has to be comedy.

Or of course gin helps too.

Pfft, to you I say: “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.â€

Oh, I didn't mean to offend you Mr aimless... I'm not saying that the threads shouldn't be posted, it's just nice to have an even balance of happy and sad =D Sorry if you felt that way!

Everyone needs to feel happy once in a while, and I thought this would be a nice way to remind people that they need to take care of themselves =)

1. jamba

2. cup of tea (milk, 2 sugars + pocky for dunking = heaven)

3. good movie (+ a good cry depending on what kind of sad i'm feeling)

4. playing with my dog, pippa... she always knows when i'm even a little sad, and she comes and sits don next to me. (i miss her u____u)

5. tidying my room in a hurry while listening to something loud on my ipod.

Imogen Heap tends to cheer me up, even her sad songs. Can't beat a bit of bubbly electronica.

gaaah... even some of her happier sounding songs have such sad undertones ~ i really like frou frou and her solo stuff, dont get me wrong... but her music makes me kind of thinky and lonely.

Oh, I didn't mean to offend you Mr aimless... I'm not saying that the threads shouldn't be posted, it's just nice to have an even balance of happy and sad =D Sorry if you felt that way!

You didn't; you'd have to try a lot harder than that anyway. I was just saying that sad isn't necessarily bad, as sometimes it helps to share.

But you're right, things have been a bit unbalanced of late.

gaaah... even some of her happier sounding songs have such sad undertones ~ i really like frou frou and her solo stuff, dont get me wrong... but her music makes me kind of thinky and lonely.

'Thinky and lonely' is my default setting, so maybe that's why it has the opposite effect on me?

Incidentally, she — as in the person, not the music — is kind of how I imagine you to be. I'm just going off the room tour you gave way back when, but you seem to share similar personalities.

Incidentally, she — as in the person, not the music — is kind of how I imagine you to be. I'm just going off the room tour you gave way back when, but you seem to share similar personalities.

someone's said that before but i cant quite remember who O_o

Normally go to the cinema and watch a bad movie - one that's laughably bad, like the vast majority of horror films nowadays.

Usually cheers me up for some reason

A nice session of GTA IV online usually helps me. Lisa is also a good cure for unhappiness, her smile always lightens me up. So does her humour and voice.

Pool with mates also helps me to cheer up, always have a laugh with them.

I'm not often sad, so I've had to think about this quite a lot.

Kittens - I don't have one, so I'd probably look at pictures of cute kittens.

Doing this hilarious excercise routine which has a video with it. Its just so cheesy and ridiculous - it came free with some Special K years ago.

Halo 3 - this one could result in me being much more sad though, depending on how the team plays. You can get very happy from obliterating the other team, but if you don't win, the sense of anger and of being useless overcomes you.

Painting. Especially with lots of throwing paint everywhere and getting it on the carpet etc.

If everything is going well at work, I can sometimes be happy there too :)

Aaaaand Jordan!!! :heart:

hah aimless i think i'm just english :heh:

...and a little nuts.

hah aimless i think i'm just english :heh:

...and a little nuts.

Yeah, but 'old school' English, back when we had charm.

The stereotype of an English girl these days would be someone pushing a pram whilst dropping cigarette ash on their tracksuit, pint in one hand kebab in the other. Or something.

The stereotype of an English girl these days would be someone pushing a pram whilst dropping cigarette ash on their tracksuit, pint in one hand kebab in the other. Or something.

Or some barely dressed slut pissed up, covered in sick and falling down the curb.