NEurope
Jamba

Forgiveness

I've never been betrayed or double crossed in my life. Do you lot live in some kind of rage soaked episode of Dawson's Creek? I take the remarkable step of hanging out with nice, trust worthy people. Hell, I barely give a shit about people's private business and never gossip. Maybe that just puts me in a more relaxed state of mind than you lot.

I've never been betrayed or double crossed in my life. Do you lot live in some kind of rage soaked episode of Dawson's Creek? I take the remarkable step of hanging out with nice, trust worthy people. Hell, I barely give a shit about people's private business and never gossip. Maybe that just puts me in a more relaxed state of mind than you lot.

tbh i thot the dick that was a dick was a nice person - meh guess again

but the 2 people that matter to be in the world are nice people so thats all that matters :) im working on the whole "stop caring what poeple thing of you" - but im so eager to please n i want everything to be "perfect" when it rarely is :)

I've never been betrayed or double crossed in my life. Do you lot live in some kind of rage soaked episode of Dawson's Creek?

Na, I live in an episode of Smallville. If I tell anyone my secrets it could be the end of the world...plus I have super powers this way.

As someone almost said, and someone else probably did say but I was too lazy to read all of the above; I only forgive if they are truly sorry. It's the principle that matters most.

I forgive because it's in the bible.

In all seriousness though (really), I forgive pretty much everything. Purely because I'm more bothered about appearing to be the nice guy and I'm too busy doing my own thing all of the time.

I also think I'm too busy skimming the surfaces of social puddles (often and quickly) that it's easier not to hold grudges.

I always thought that it depended on how "close" you are to people as to how much you give a damn about things like forgiveness.

And if you give a damn about someone - you generally hold grudges/expect forgiveness from them. Perhaps then it's better to only give a damn about your own wellbeing, inside.

Not forgiving someone (unless it's something very despicable) is an ill-advised thing to do - you end up just hating them out of tradition.

Forgive? Yes.

Forget? Never.

I always remember someone saying this to me...

If someone hurts you once it's their fault. If someone hurts you twice, it's your fault.

Always thought it was pretty decent to remember.

Well it completely depends on what it is the person whom I'm meant to forgive has done.

I forgive pretty much everybody... I currently hold no grudges at all - at least, none I can think of.

Hmm, not sure if that's a good thing or not.

One chance and one chance only. Lose trust with me, and it's gone forever.

The good are innocent: they gave us justice.

The wicked are guilty: they gave us mercy.

I'd say i sometimes forgive quickly depending on my scale of how bad the thing was. I let most things slide fairly easy, although there are a few things which make me think twice.

When i got a kick in the teeth from Moogle (which was an 'accident') i forgave him fairly soon after (well it took me a day or so to get rid of the urge to punch him, but thats not the same thing)

However since my brother went to Uni, i've found it alot harder to forgive him for the things he does since meeting his girlfriend. She's a spoilt, sly prick. She's one of those people who'd demand an apology for the tiniest thing and nothing can be her fault. These 'qualities' of hers must have rubbed off on my bro since he's started stealing my stuff and then lying about ever seeing it. The first few times i didn't really mind but now i can't stand it, this leads to me finding it really hard to forgive him. It also leads me to hate his girlfriend (even more than i do).

So yeah, depending on the situation i'd forgive fairly easily.

Not forgiving someone (unless it's something very despicable) is an ill-advised thing to do - you end up just hating them out of tradition.

Forgive? Yes.

Forget? Never.

But if you don't forget you haven't really forgiven them.

So you'd hold it against someone? That's not exactly forgiving... that's more like not bringing it up.

However I have the same opinion as Fish. Except I remember to an even sexier degree. Like how can I remix it to my advantage in future.

Just because some of us don't forgive very easily doesn't mean that alot of us don't have very good friends.

I wouldn't honestly change my friends for the world now and if something went wrong and I couldn't forgive them I wouldn't sit in the dark for the rest of my life crying about it.

As the old saying goes ''shit happens'', its just people deal with it differently to others! :)

if something went wrong and I couldn't forgive them I wouldn't sit in the dark for the rest of my life crying about it.

Such as...

Such as...

You want me to give a real reason I've not forgiven somebody?

Take my old college class, I was as nice person to one girl, always helped her if she needed it etc and I would say we were best friends, then another girl moved into the class, everything was ok for a while and then a hiccup occured with somebody else, she effectively pushed me away which at the time was abit upsetting but nothing major and then when everything was going ok she proceed to tell me that I was a bitch and didn't deserve to be in the course, nor her friend.

I moved classes shortly after, losing nearly two stone in weight from wanting to be able to be her friend and not knowing what I'd done to upset her. This was during christmas.

Should I have forgiven her? Possibly, but I didn't. Maybe I should now, but they'd be no use considering I haven't seen her and don't wish to know somebody like that.

ps. I was skimming on the details of all this, obviously :)

I moved classes shortly after, losing nearly two stone in weight from wanting to be able to be her friend and not knowing what I'd done to upset her.

This was from sitting in the dark and crying I assume.

But it wasn't for the rest of your life.

WHY DO YOU BRING THESE FOUL LIES TO THE FORUM.... I'm not sure I can forgive you for this. :blank:

This was from sitting in the dark and crying I assume.

But it wasn't for the rest of your life.

WHY DO YOU BRING THESE FOUL LIES TO THE FORUM.... I'm not sure I can forgive you for this. :blank:

I lost alot weight, but I didn't cry about it, I got on with it, although I was very confused considering, I mean what exactly do you do when your friend suddenly decides to not be your friend? so I asked to move classes and started again.

I lost weight because when I go under stress I don't eat ^_^, and no course it wasn't for the rest of my life, but that wasn't the question was it? The question was an example of a time I haven't forgiven somebody and that was one of them. :blank:

Not to mention I'm only 18, so how you could consider it the rest of my life just yet, well there's no point ^_^!

unless you're out to get me!...

no course it wasn't for the rest of my life, but that wasn't the question was it? The question was an example of a time I haven't forgiven somebody and that was one of them. :blank:

I know that wasn't the question, as it was a statement you said earlier:

Couldn't forgive a friend = cry in the dark for entire life.

Not to mention I'm only 18, so how you could consider it the rest of my life just yet, well there's no point ^_^!

Well in the immortal scheme of things, who can say how long people will live.

unless you're out to get me!...

Not yet, I've still got to flog Curse of Monkey Island to you. :yay:

Should I have forgiven her? Possibly, but I didn't. Maybe I should now, but they'd be no use considering I haven't seen her and don't wish to know somebody like that.

I'll quote myself on this one, because it makes it easier for me ^_^, basically I meant that maybe if she was still in my life that I possibly would, although having somebody like that in your life is quite hmm well you become cautious even if you do forgive.

I haven't been able to talk to her for a long time, so it gets to a point where you haven't forgiven because you've not had the chance too.

I think at the end of the day I made the right choice to move classes and to get on with life and not see her. I suppose if I hadn't moved classes I would have had to be forgiving otherwise I would have been a very lonely person, but it doesn't seem right to be forced into giving somebody forgiveness. :blush:

It's a bit confusing all this forgiving lark, I should have really put on my very first post on this subject that really it was about circumstance, some you can forgive, whilst others you can't, depending on what you view it as.

Maybe you should you say. BUT YOU HAVEN'T HAVE YOU O_O

TO THE CORNER WITH YOU.

:D

Maybe you should you say. BUT YOU HAVEN'T HAVE YOU O_O

TO THE CORNER WITH YOU.

:D

You nasty man

*walks to corner and cries*

No forgiving evil! :heh: