NEurope
dabookerman

i have no more grandparents left

I never met my grandmother on my Dad's side, I was never particularly close to my granddad and step-gran on that side, although we saw them every couple of months they were very elderly and in poor health. They died in the same week as each other about 7 years ago I think..

I'm really close to my gran on my mums side, I play tennis with her quite a lot, we go on family holidays with her too. My grandpa on that side died in 1996 from Cancer, I was quite young then and don't really remember him very well. My grans remarried to possibly the most awesome guy ever, he's really funny and just really nice in general. Welcomed us (us=all my cousins/aunts/uncles [19 alltogether]) all into his house whenever we want to. Goes on holiday with us, me and my brother (Balfron) play doubles with him and my gran on their tennis court.

My whole family are going to stay with them for a week over Christmas, there's enough room for all 20 of us to have a bed there too :heh:

Very big house.

I only have my Nan, and only ever have really. My Dad's parent's died YEARS ago, cos they were quite old when they had him and stuff. And my Mum's Dad and real Dad I've never known n shit.

I have 1 grandad and 2 grandmas who are all still going to be around until my late 20's no doubt (im 14 now fyi) My other grandad passed away due to cancer, im not sure which kind though.

Sympathies to daboorkerman and others who ahve recently lsot loved ones

sry to hear that dabooker m8

for me one passed away before i was born, one passed away when i was 12 or something, and 2 r still alive and i hope they stay alive for many more years

my sympathies go to you daboorkerman. All my grandparents were either dead before i was born or died when i was young.

i only have my mum left in the way of "parents" as my dad died when i was just 3 years old.

I have Grandad on Dad's side and Grandmother on mother's side.

I only have one granny left, and I'm proud to post her here with me, I love her to bits:

MeandGran.jpg

She is the stereotypical Grandmother.

I've never knew my dads side of the family, I might have more than 1 grandparent alive, but I don't know.

The only last remaining grandparent of mine (that I know of) is my grandad, he is 71, my grandma died a few months ago (70), it's quite strange that my grandma died first than my grandad, because usually its the other way round.

But I was very sad at her death, very sad.

I've only one grandparent left, my grandma, but she's probably not going anywhere anytime soon.

She had her first hart attack over thirty years ago, since then she survived another two (major ones, I might add). She also survived breast cancer, two open-heart surgeries and god knows what else.

For over 30 years my mother and the rest of the family thought she could die any day, but she's still allive and kicking today.

She is one tough granny. :grin:

I've only one grandparent left, my grandma, but she's probably not going anywhere anytime soon.

She had her first hart attack over thirty years ago, since then she survived another two (major ones, I might add). She also survived breast cancer, two open-heart surgeries and god knows what else.

For over 30 years my mother and the rest of the family thought she could die any day, but she's still allive and kicking today.

She is one tough granny. :grin:

thats flippin awesome. my nana was in a car accident, and her brow bone collapsed onto her eye and shes blind in one eye but she still drives and shes a loony. and not a grey hair on her head, shes 72.

I have four grandparents. The one grandad is, lets say "old fashioned" and keeps telling me to do silly stuff like learn spanish, join the army and right a book. He annoys me kind of but still love him in that grandparenty kinda way. The rest all rock, especially my mom's mom cause shes so ace.

One of my nans died before I was born and both my granddads died when I was young so I don't really remember them. I was scared of my gdad for some reason, I used to hide under the table when he came in the kitchen (I Was only 2/3). I had a stepnan too that we went to see now and again but I don't think we were told when she died.

My nan that I knew well only lived round the corner from us, she died a few years ago; she was great. Once I wrapped her present in a tissue box but she thought I'd bought her tissues and said it was just what she needed :)

My grandfather was murdered when I was 8. My great-grandmother died when I was 12 or 13. My other grandfather died last year. My dad's mom is one incredibly horrible person and I hate her. My mom's mom is opposite and very sweet.

Sorry to hear that Dabookerman, I also have none left, they all died by the time was 18 (getting on for 10 years ago now).