NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
tapedeck

SPRay Unveiled For Wii

Sporting some decent design choices and a quirky art style yet possibly being early in development, Eko Software (previous track record of PS2/PSP/PC development with titles ranging from 75%-40%) are teaming with publishers Tecmo to release this....

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12029

It's nice to see a company whose previous ply was elsewhere to try their hand on the Wii and not releasing what would seemingly be just a quick cash-in title.

In all honesty, I'm not too impressed by the screenshots but the idea of an adventure puzzler where you need "SPRay" liquid to solve things and progress seems like it could be quite cool, especially as it's different liquids (could bring a real puzzle element to things).

We'll see how it develops.

I'm not expecting much but I was actually pleasantly surprised by those screens.

SPRay... loving the look of it, shows promise but the name... having the capitalised "SPR" followed by lower case "ay" just cos the heroes name is "Ray"? made of fail...

They may as well just call him Spray or at least call the game that without the half capitals :/ thats the only thing I dislike, other than that I can't wait to see more. :)

Screens are nice. I'm happy as long as it doesn't turn into a casual game with added artificial retardity.

Feels like the 90's all over again, with a developer trying to make a 3D platformer (is this a platformer?) to compete with the latest installment of Super Mario.

I'm not going to buy it, but it's a good surprise, and miles better than a minigame compilation.

Feels like the 90's all over again, with a developer trying to make a 3D platformer (is this a platformer?) to compete with the latest installment of Super Mario.

I'm not going to buy it, but it's a good surprise, and miles better than a minigame compilation.

Long live the 90s when platformers weren't dead in the eyes of devs. In fact, long live the 90s for a lot of things lol

Good visuals, great style, good idea, I'll keep my eyes on it.

Exactly what I was thinking. Bang on.

Hope this turns out to be fun but nothing is exciting me about it that much right now. The way the camera works is going to have a lot to do with whether this will be any good. I wonder if the spraying will be done like a hose cos that would control well with the Wiimote i recon.

Did anyone else read "magical crown" and just think, "oh you mean the bandana?" Also hope they sort the texturing out a bit. It's on the repetitive side and makes my eyes hurt a little.

Sign in to follow this