NEurope
skarmachild

Why Play.com are complete bastards.

what do you mean best come back, it doesnt even make sense, how can you compare our hight to shop sales.....???? :confused:

You said Plays prices are nearly as much as game.

Rokhed was implying that thats like saying your nearly as tall as he is.

It was sarcasm, because Rokhed much, much taller then you are, just like Plays prices are indeed nowhere near as much as Games are. And they never will be.

They are in based in Jersey for tax purposes. Hence why they are so cheap, but because the goverment is cracking down they are having to slightly increase their prices to make the same return on revenue. However they will never have to charge as much as Game do. And if they do they are in trouble because they will go out of buisness because they canne compete.

oh well i gues that the point is that i fell that gameplay is a better shop than play, and that games priceses are very high, like plays.

You can't compare gameplay or game to play. Play is a discount store, the others largely offer close to RRP prices. This is why Play's service is going to be worse. You sometimes get what you pay for.

I buy loads of stuff from play.com. Over the years they've saved me hundreds of pounds. Their delivery isn't quick but their prices are great and generally things have been good.

Only one issue.. I bought Fantavision of PS2 (for £5 mind) and it was clearly pre-owned and scratched. I sent it back and they sent me another clearly pre-owned version. They refunded me for the price for the game along with the postage cost though so I got the second one for free. Clearly they had got a very cheap batch, but yes they should have stated it wasn't a new sealed copy.

But considering I've bought probably a hundred things from them I've been very happy.

there are some good quailitys of pla i guess, i do like the fact that they send their stuff early, and that it is good delivery, i just think they are expensive for what they do.

there are some good quailitys of pla i guess, i do like the fact that they send their stuff early, and that it is good delivery, i just think they are expensive for what they do.

But what do you expect? Any company that offers just a few quid orf the RRP and free PnP is pretty fantastic; considering just how competitive game retail is. I mean its near impossible to shave a price orf a new game, when you consider just how many people need to make a profit. Bear in mind the retailer only makes a small profit anyway orf the game. We are talking possible 10-15% max. Thats a fact.

The price the publisher gives the game away is pretty standard, so all they can do to save the final consumer money is to knock down the mark up price. Now they can't afford to do that too much otherwise they wont make any worthwhile profits.

I'm pretty sure the retailer takes most of the profit. For books it's at least 50%.

Bear with me Sir. I saw the ol' break down somewhere Sir. It was in the form of a pie chart. I think its in one of my magazines I'l see if I can scan it.

I'm very pro-play.com

They're fast enough fo me, and the one time a CD got 'lost' in the mail (I have suspicions that an old flat mate nicked it though) they sent another out pronto, no fuss. Good old play.

You really want those VIP points, don't you?

Well at least someone knows..

And I can't play Multi-Card play with my friends, because my mates have the UK copy.

I'm pretty sure the retailer takes most of the profit. For books it's at least 50%.

I saw the ol' break down somewhere Sir. It was in the form of a pie chart. I think its in one of my magazines I'l see if I can scan it.

Yeah, retailers do make bugger all on games. They typically buy a £34.99 game for around £23, then the 17.5% is then taken. So retailers are looking only at a 10%-15% profit max like Offerman said, and while it's Christmas and retailers are competing it'll most likely be even less than that.

And play.com rock, as they happily sent me a £5 voucher. :wink:

And play.com rock, as they happily sent me a £5 voucher. :wink:

They also sent me one as well, The shining for 99p cant be beat I do believe.

I often find that if you preorder with play you get things cheaper as well. Especially games.

Wifi Dongle £14.99 when I preordered current price £24.99

Mario Kart £25.99 when preordered, current price £27.99