NEurope
skarmachild

Why Play.com are complete bastards.

Here's my story:

I was happily browsing Play.com and decided to pre-order Advance Wars: Dual Strike. Yay!

Of course Play is a UK site so I expected them to give me a UK copy of AW: DS.

So that day finnaly arrived, the parcel was there, on the table...

I opened it and!!

Advance Wars: Dual Strike... USA copy.

I was annoyed, not just annoyed, pissed off.

Anyway, I played it a bit and decided to return it since it wasn't a UK copy, so I e-mailed Play and they said if I send it back they will give me a UK copy. Okay then.. *sends back*

A few days later:

Package! Opened up and...

Advance Wars: Dual Strike... USA copy.

Guh. WTF, they said they'd refund my P&P costs for sending it back, and they haven't since. This has made me NEVER to buy anything of Play.com again - Gameplay.co.uk is the way to go.

So, has Play.com ever scammed you?

play have never scamed me...but amazon certainly did..how? by sending me a pirate copy of fire red...and yes this was from the official site, not market seller

I pre-ordered a CD with them that was out on monday. I checked on monday to find 'Out now. Waiting for delivery of stock', I would guess its 3/4 weeks before I get my CD :-/ Although its not much of a surprise, on the HMV website it says 'usually ships within 3 weeks'.

I once ordered a US copy of Mario 64 DS and ended up getting sent a brand new UK DS console and a UK copy of the game months before release.

True story, I was well chuffed.

Never scammed me, I got my DS on launch day, and most things 2 days after release. Only thing that pissed me off was that they sent Black & White 2 Collectors edition 4 days late with a cracked case. Dicks. Free P&P though I dont think they have that on Gameplay.

I thought play.com was based in the UK, so why would they go through the trouble to pester you with a USA copy? Plus, I thought the DS was region-free....

yes there right up there with the Hitlers of this world. On the happy side ive been buying stuff from play.com for 3 years now and have never had any problems with them.

lol, i would love to have play.com profits, they make a killing, they can undercut any online site.

there are now alot of jersey websites, blah.com

but you just need to know where to look for good deals and offers, cod 2/fear/bf2 all for £60.

never had any porblems with play.com, been great every time i have used them. as every one is asking whats the difference between the uk and usa versions of the game?

don't particularly love play, they aren't significantly cheaper than game.co.uk, as in their prices match up to games more often now (annoyingly). obviously you don't have to buy £100 worth of stuff to get free delivery from play, so thats where they win over game, but there are cheaper sites out there now.

annoys me though, because play used to be consistently cheapest which reduced the reward of shopping around.

Um, why bother.

In my opinion the US boxes are much better.

I've no argument with Play, use them all the time, always reliable, get DVDs early too.

I have never had a problem with play , and have used them for a while now. Although for any major releases that I may get impatient waiting for I always go with gameplay because the shipping times from Jersey can be a bit slow. Other than that I have always found them to be very good.

Despite the above , I tend to use blah nowdays as there prices are sometimes a bit cheaper - they also come highly recommended.

Does it really matter if it's an American copy or not?

This is the main factory me personally i have never had any problems with play but i am a more frequent amazon/ebay user.

i agree, the USA DS boxes are so much better, i try my hardest to get US instead of UK, get them first aswell.

with ds catrirdges though, i do beilieve that a us cannot link up easily with a uk, although it should not mater with maro kart, as it has that global wifi thingy.

I stopped using them ages ago. It wasn't anything major but I pre-ordered Timesplitters 2 from them about a week before release. A week after release i'm still waiting for it so I buy a copy from a shop. A few days later it arrives in the post, I send it back and get no refund. So yeh, sucky deal.

I haven't had any problems from Play. But they better not mess up my Mario Kart DS order, or else...I'll...err...be very mad or something.

I've never had problems with play.com either, i prefer to do online shopping with them than anywhere else, because generally they have cheaper prices online than anywhere else