NEurope
Tellyn

NGamer Detail Animal Crossing Wii & Punch-Out Wii

Holy Mother Fucking YES! Punch out! Oh my god oh my god oh my god!

Balance board implentation?! AHHH!

I'm erectified!

Hopefully balance board isn't mandatory with PunchOut because I don't have WiiFit and don't fancy paying £100 for a boxing game.

Also I really hope PO and AC aren't all Ninty have for E3; I'm still holding out hope for Pikmin 3 and Kid Icarus.

I'm not really interested in Punch Out but I can't wait to see what features they've added to Animal Crossing.

I can just see Animal Crossing Wii being a huge disappoinment and I worry Nintendo are really thinking of it as their huge game........ I can just see the internet gaming geeks exploding now next tuesday!!!!

Wind Waker engine is the same as the Twilight Princess, as awesome as that sounds regarding versatility. (so it is probably being used still)

But yeah, that engine not being used at any cell shaded games since must surely be a crime.

I remember reading that they started with the WW engine but modified it so much during the process that the two are completely incomparable now. The engine isn't that versatile, it's just a lot of hard graft by Nintendo that you're seeing there.

Also: LOL @ dazzybee. I keep forgetting how excited you get, you're only going to disappoint yourself with your wild sepculation y'know?

I remember reading that they started with the WW engine but modified it so much during the process that the two are completely incomparable now. The engine isn't that versatile, it's just a lot of hard graft by Nintendo that you're seeing there.
A engine is more than the graphics overhead it has, so, even if they heavily altered the graphics part, it's still the same core engine ;) If anything, evolved. So yeah, same engine, but with a 3 year difference of course they'd evolve it greatly, accentuated further from the graphical approach.

I remember that interview though, he didn't say incomparable, he said that it was the same engine but that the graphics engine (not the whole engine) was rewriten to the point of being able to be considered a new one, or something along those lines.

Now... since it has done cell shaded once (and there are surely builds still, even if they rewrote it without such implemented option...) it must be pretty painless to implement still, and look awesome. It's not like they changed their tools implementations and such for instance.

Not every engine can go back and forth though, and certainly not do so and achieve the best graphics on the platform on both areas. For starters, Link's Soul Calibur model was actually a altered reject of Zelda GC; the engine didn't start out to be cell shaded, came out from experiments, and then gone back into realism... it has to be versatile to a certain extent.

Perhaps they could use the WW engine for Kid Icarus.

P-O could be good but I don't own a balance board so I hope its not required.

I hope AC just has more stuff to do than the other ones. I found I couldn't play AC (GCN) that long without getting board and switching to SSBM (got them around the same time). Maybe if they had other areas for you to explore and find items in and stuff. Perhaps instead of NES games they will allow you to buy consoles and then re-buy your VC games for them from Nook. About the whole City thing, Maybe you will go to an MMO style city area and your town will be like a suburb. You will only be able to bring friends to your suburb but you will be able to add friends you meet in the city rather than just adding them via friend codes. Though there will be a parental control restricting the city.

Shigsy mentions Punch-Out

http://www.cubed3.com/news/10458

Miyamoto: MotionPlus Perfect for Punch-Out!

During his countless E3 discussions, Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto mentioned the possibility for Punch-Out! Wii.

Speaking to IGN in a short video interview, the Mario creator explains the differences between your bog-standard Wii remote and the brand-spanking new addition of Motionplus. Using Punch-Out! As an example, he notes how a far more accurate boxing simulation could be created that goes beyond the simplicities of Wii Sports.

The Wii remote itself is good at detecting larger movements, whereas the Wii MotionPlus is better at detecting more subtle movements. And so, by combining the two of those, the feeling is that it just opens up the pallette of what can be done, in terms of motion control. And so that means there's a lot of possibility in terms of something, like a very accurate version of Punch-Out!! that goes beyond what Wii Sports Boxing can do, or even other ideas...

Either he's just playing to all the rumours, or you gotta say the games in the making [despite no showing] if he's so willing to refer to the classic title!