NEurope
Tellyn

NGamer Detail Animal Crossing Wii & Punch-Out Wii

A "paper style" would look amazing, especially if they had purposly rough edges to things and not the very smooth style they use in Paper Mario.

Think, you could physically cut things out of paper, draw patterns on it... be great!

Apple do it all the time with iPods and Macs. And we all know how Apple are buying Nintendo and/or Nintendo are buying Apple :P

Yeah but the fanbase is already buzzing for all of Apple's products and waiting for the new release (usually with a good idea of what it is already). Nintendo's audience are all pretty ambivalent and unaware by comparison

A "paper style" would look amazing, especially if they had purposly rough edges to things and not the very smooth style they use in Paper Mario.

Think, you could physically cut things out of paper, draw patterns on it... be great!

You know that lovely paper art-craft where paper is nice and think with torn edges and is sown together? That's kind of what I was thinking. Would certainly pull the the cute illustration card, which would totally appeal to girls.

And anyway, who woul rather have Nintendogs Wii rather than this?

You know that lovely paper art-craft where paper is nice and think with torn edges and is sown together? That's kind of what I was thinking. Would certainly pull the the cute illustration card, which would totally appeal to girls.

And anyway, who woul rather have Nintendogs Wii rather than this?

Jamba, I think you made your point already :)

Ahh you see, the Wii version on Animal Crossing has a lot of potential as they can do SO MUCH more with it visually compared to the DS and it's on-line which will already kick the GCN ones ass.

So you're telling me that if we got P-O, Kid Icarus and AC between now and xmas that you'd be disappointed? We already know that there's other stuff coming too.

Just for people who don't know it/haven't seen it before: :yay: RUUUUuuuuumbllllle!!!!:yay:

I would be very happy, but I'm thinking more generally for NIntendo, I dont think that would be enough for the general gamer who is interested in a couple of consoles, or hardcore Nintendo fan. Thinking more the people who come on message boards etc. They wouldnt be appeased, and I think they're an important market. I'm easily pleased though, I've been living the Wii already so.....

And I agree that Animal Crossing COULD be something different and amazing, but I just can't see it. More of the same I feel, and Ive played the same thing twice already. Punch Out is a great game but not a massive game to sell consoles. Kid Icarus again could be great, but it aint a hue system seller.

In my opinion Nintendo need a huge game this xmas.

And they need to sort a hard drive and maybe even voice chat ;)

zzzzzzzzz

boring.

Yeah you are!

Nintendo may draw inspiration from the animated movie, could have an animated intro and maybe some other scenes...

animalcrossing_movie.jpg

...get the guys doing the new Wario game to do it.

But I like what you're saying about a paper or material type style!

Jamba, I think you made your point already :)

You have no SOOOOUL! :p

It's only cos you can't see what's inside my head... it's exciting for me.: peace:

Yeah you are!

Nintendo may draw inspiration from the animated movie, could have an animated intro and maybe some other scenes...

animalcrossing_movie.jpg

...get the guys doing the new Wario game to do it.

But I like what you're saying about a paper or material type style!

I like the way you think! Another awesome possibility is having it run on the Wind Waker engine...

You have no SOOOOUL! :p

It's only cos you can't see what's inside my head... it's exciting for me.: peace:

Just to clarify... I'm more than happy with Wii's known line up.

Actually, the only issue that makes me unhappy is the fact that I don't have the resources necessary (both time and money) to play all the games I'm interested in... :cry:

ahhhh the movie was awesome ^^

i have the soundtrack ~ playing it makes me feel like i'm lazing around in my AC house on a sunny day ...then i remember that i can't go downstairs and play in the paddling pool in my living room carpeted with grass :sad:

i think styling animal crossing based on the new animation rather than the previous games would be a good idea...the nice soft texture-rich cutesey papercrafty look (a la kororinpa~) would be less.....threatening. i have a feeling nintendo would wanna change the "sort of top-down" view (i dunno the technical term for it O-o) to make the items more interactivey.. and being THAT close to a life-size talking alligator in a ninja costume is quite a scary experience.

trust me, i know. *nods*

also~

animal-crossing-wii-appearance-in-super-smash-bros-brawl.jpg

i have a feeling nintendo would wanna change the "sort of top-down" view (i dunno the technical term for it O-o) to make the items more interactivey..

Its "sort of" isometric. I mean sort of because its not but it is at the same time.

Oh god its so confusing! Its an "eye in the sky" so to speak.

Both games fail to excite me. :-/ I hope it's not all Nintendo planned to show at E3.

Isometric implies 3D perspective in a 2D plane, and since the game is actually 3D, isometric would be the wrong word to describe it. Top-down view seems appropriate.

I can so see the e3 stage show being mr myamomot versus reggie on boxing. However, it is good that they revealed these now. It can only mean bigger things are being kept secret (<<!!ZELDA!!>>)

I like the way you think!

Another awesome possibility is having it run on the Wind Waker engine...

That engine really deserves another game, such a shame it's not being used, cos it's quite simply an awesome achievement!

Don't listen to the masses Nintendo and give us another cel-shaded Zelda!

or some awesome new cel-shaded franchise!

Wait, why does Captain Rainbow look so under achieving, when Nintendo have the WW engine at their disposal?! Give it to the Chibi guys!

Maybe Punch-Out Wii could be cel-shaded.

That engine really deserves another game, such a shame it's not being used, cos it's quite simply an awesome achievement!
Wind Waker engine is the same as the Twilight Princess, as awesome as that sounds regarding versatility. (so it is probably being used still)

But yeah, that engine not being used at any cell shaded games since must surely be a crime.

Rumours has it that Next Level Games Inc that made Mario Strikers are making Punch-Out and Animal Crossing has sub title called City Folks.

Wind Waker engine is the same as the Twilight Princess, as awesome as that sounds regarding versatility. (so it is probably being used still)

But yeah, that engine not being used at any cell shaded games since must surely be a crime.

Ah yeah true, it was the same wasn't it!

But yeah, Nintendo need to make another cel-shaded masterpiece!

I'm suprised people actually care about Punchout so much, I really hope Nintendo haven't been saving it as their big E3 suprise and or reason to play wii this christmas.

Rumours has it that Next Level Games Inc that made Mario Strikers are making Punch-Out and Animal Crossing has sub title called City Folks.

Moving animal crossing from a town to a city? More people, more online people......MMO!!!!

And next level games doing Punch Out is a great idea, I love their aggressive art style for Strikers and that would suit Punch Out a lot. Would also mean it's another company doing it and not in-house Nintendo teams, meaning more games :)

Mind you that these rumours aren't very credible, but you never know.

They come from NeoGAF, I wouldn't even class it as high as a rumour.

They come from NeoGAF, I wouldn't even class it as high as a rumour.

NeoGaf has lots of proven insiders, the one who created these rumours is not one of them :P