NEurope
Wesley

Podcasts

You guys should get out A Life Well Wasted podcasts, they're pretty good. I've also been listening to ListenUp!, Penny-Arcade and PA playing D&D. Yet I still yern for more!

I must say, I'm quite the addict

Answer Me This!

Armstrong and Miller - Timeghost

Ask A Ninja

Bad Science

The Bugle - Audio Newspaper for a Visual World

The Collings and Herrin Podcast

The Danny Wallace XFM Podcast

David Mitchell's Soapbox

Flight of the Conchords

Frank Skinner on Absolute Radio

Friday Night Comedy on BBC Radio 4

Hope is Emo

The Karl Pilkington Podcast

Live from London: Eddie Izzard

On The Hour

The Perfect Ten with Phill Jupitus and Phil Wilding

The Ricky Gervais Podcast

Russel Brand

Sarcastic Gamer

Science Weekly from the Guardian

The Sound of the Ladies Podcast

Stephen Fry's PODGRAMS

Stuff You Should Know

So yeah, a lot. I'd recommend all of those, especially Answer Me This! and The Perfect Ten.

A total of 9.9 days/807 items/13.62 GB. Geez...

Just wanted to bring a podcast thread back to ask a question.

Im in the mood to listen to a new gaming podcast but I wanted to see if there was one that devoted whole episodes to specific games? Most I find just have general discussions on what they have been playing lately.

Only one I found that was close to that was the Post Game Report but after trying to listen to their GTA podcast I wasnt impressed as apparently most had only done a couple of missions.

There's one I occasionlly listen to called 'Games you should Play' by the simply syndicated network, I think it's itunesable, which seemed fairly alright, done by a Scotish bloke and his mate.

I used to listen to the Russel Brand one, 2 years ago.

Last podcast I got was a whole broadcast of a Liz Phair concert.

More often than not, I'd much rather listen to my music than listen to talking. I don't use my iPod as much walking anymore (less walking I suppose, so less chance to enjoy podcasts).

There's one I occasionlly listen to called 'Games you should Play' by the simply syndicated network, I think it's itunesable, which seemed fairly alright, done by a Scotish bloke and his mate.

Yeah I listen to near all of the Simply Syndicated podcasts, unfortunately I never liked Games You Should Play, I didnt think the presenter was good enough. Plus he is at uni now so its gone for a while until it gets relaunched.

I just started listening to podcasts this year. I mostly just listen to Lost ones at the moment: the official one; Donald is Lost; Jacob's Cabin and Lost Revisited Now. Also listen to Mugglecast whenever they do one.

Once again im bringing this topic back to ask about gaming podcasts.

What gaming ones are people listening to these days? At the moment I listen to:

Giant Bombcast

Destructoid

1Ups (whatever its about to turn into)

Could use a few more gaming podcast suggestions.

I find podcasts quite hard to get into. But i'm trying to cos i want an alternative to music all the time.

So far i like:

Ricky Gervais ones

David Mitchell's Soapbox

and i'll definitely be checking out the Russell Brand one, didn't realise he had one.

I just listened to "...or do you think thats just bollocks", but i hated it. The guy seemed to think we'd be interested in hearing in great detail about him faffing about with knobs on the soundboard.

I listen to:

Giant Bombcast

Rebel FM

Geekbox

The Instance

World of Warcast

Tech Podcasts

Macbreak Weekly

This Week In Tech

I just listened to "...or do you think thats just bollocks", but i hated it. The guy seemed to think we'd be interested in hearing in great detail about him faffing about with knobs on the soundboard.

Thats from the Simply Syndicated network. I would recommend trying "Movies You Should See" and "The Definitive Word" from them, probably their two best shows.

I never liked Bollocks either, Rich works a lot better when hes got someone else to talk to.

Thats from the Simply Syndicated network. I would recommend trying "Movies You Should See" and "The Definitive Word" from them, probably their two best shows.

I never liked Bollocks either, Rich works a lot better when hes got someone else to talk to.

I might try those then. He just took forever to get to the point. And then the point wasn't even good.

Funnily enough, I just started listening to podcasts again while going to the gym.

Penny Arcade and 4Playerpodcast being the only ones.

PA everyone knows but 4PP is a site that does live stream of them playing games and have a weekly podcast, they are good time killers but can be very long if you do not have the patience for them.

They usually run about one and a half too two hours

Could use a few more gaming podcast suggestions.

Idle Thumbs, the best gaming podcast since GFW ended. Which in turn also ended. But now it's back!

It may initially seem somewhat impenetrable due to the sheer volume of in-jokes, although since — as mentioned — it's recently started up again at least you've a fairly recent jumping off point; ideally you'd listen from the actual beginning, but it'll already be a slow burn as is.

I might try those then. He just took forever to get to the point. And then the point wasn't even good.

That's true. He did a video one of him going about something or other while he was driving his car to work or something. It was about half an hour long. Suffice to say, I didn't watch.

As has been said though, SimpSynd generally have really good podcasts - Definative Word, Movies You Should See being the best. A couple of the people who had more interesting stuff to say left a couple of years ago so it's kind of suffered since but still worth a listen.

Also recomend Kermode and Mayo's film show. Just their radio show in podcast form but it's very worth a listen.

That's true. He did a video one of him going about something or other while he was driving his car to work or something. It was about half an hour long. Suffice to say, I didn't watch.

As has been said though, SimpSynd generally have really good podcasts - Definative Word, Movies You Should See being the best. A couple of the people who had more interesting stuff to say left a couple of years ago so it's kind of suffered since but still worth a listen.

Also recomend Kermode and Mayo's film show. Just their radio show in podcast form but it's very worth a listen.

Did you hear what actually happened with Mike Dawson?

Did you hear what actually happened with Mike Dawson?

Nope, there was one episode where they vaguely referenced that they were having leaving celebrations for him after the show but that was about it... wish they were a bit less vague. He was easily the one with the most to say, even if he was a bit up himself.

You know anything more?

He's still doing his leftfield cinema podcast which is interesting though pretty dry

Nope, there was one episode where they vaguely referenced that they were having leaving celebrations for him after the show but that was about it... wish they were a bit less vague. He was easily the one with the most to say, even if he was a bit up himself.

You know anything more?

He's still doing his leftfield cinema podcast which is interesting though pretty dry

It was really weird, after a while it came out that he was fired from Simply Syndicated because not long after he announced he'd be appearing on less shows he came onto the forums and made a thread slagging off the shows and a lot of the hosts.

I only really liked him on Make It So, on Movies he seemed to push his opinions too much on people and it always seemed like he looked down on Rich as well.

It was really weird, after a while it came out that he was fired from Simply Syndicated because not long after he announced he'd be appearing on less shows he came onto the forums and made a thread slagging off the shows and a lot of the hosts.

I only really liked him on Make It So, on Movies he seemed to push his opinions too much on people and it always seemed like he looked down on Rich as well.

Wow that is weird!! :S Don't suppose the posts are still on the forum? Strange aswell that they actually fired him, I thought they all got on well and it was just like... banter rather than insults.

And yeah I guess that is true. Richard is a litle moronic though to be fair. He was good on the Definative Word aswell, though it often just ended up him talking and Will agreeing.

Wow that is weird!! :S Don't suppose the posts are still on the forum? Strange aswell that they actually fired him, I thought they all got on well and it was just like... banter rather than insults.

And yeah I guess that is true. Richard is a litle moronic though to be fair. He was good on the Definative Word aswell, though it often just ended up him talking and Will agreeing.

Nah they were deleted pretty quickly, only a few members saw them. The whole thing was weird seeing as they had known eachother for years from uni etc so I never understood why he did it.

I dont really see Rich as moronic, just less highbrow tastes than say Mike or Allison. It cant be a coincidence that almost immediately after Mike was fired they did "The Burbs" on Movies You Should See.

Nah they were deleted pretty quickly, only a few members saw them. The whole thing was weird seeing as they had known eachother for years from uni etc so I never understood why he did it.

I dont really see Rich as moronic, just less highbrow tastes than say Mike or Allison. It cant be a coincidence that almost immediately after Mike was fired they did "The Burbs" on Movies You Should See.

Yeah true. I just did a google and found an interview with Mike where he talked about it. I get the impression that they only knew each other due to having friends in the same friendship group, as opposed to actually being friends.. Apparently their relationship had been getting worse and it (him being fired) was bound to happen some time

Just read the interview, im sure it was both of them but you have to feel that the comments Mike made must have been pretty bad for Rich to use it as an excuse to fire him and not have other members of the network complain and possibly leave themselves. I mean Mike and Craig were room mates at the time if I remember right.

I am missing Paddy on the Definitive Word since he left for Canada, he added a lot of humour. Not a big fan of the other Mike thats on that and Make It So, to me hes a bit full of himself and not particularly funny either.

Just read the interview, im sure it was both of them but you have to feel that the comments Mike made must have been pretty bad for Rich to use it as an excuse to fire him and not have other members of the network complain and possibly leave themselves. I mean Mike and Craig were room mates at the time if I remember right.

I am missing Paddy on the Definitive Word since he left for Canada, he added a lot of humour. Not a big fan of the other Mike thats on that and Make It So, to me hes a bit full of himself and not particularly funny either.

Yeah that's true, Paddy was good, especially his TV minishow he had for a while (though his guests were fluctuatingly interesting)

And yeah I guess his comments must have been fairly bad.. well, nice to know what happened now (well, ish), I've been wondering why he left for yonks