NEurope
LegoMan1031

I need advice on a family problem

Urm just one thing Mike, you might want to make sure that meeting up with your Dad would upset his new wife. Again, what you are trying to do is between you and your Dad and doesn't really include her but still, it's best not to upset anyone eh?

Just thought I'd point that out.

I can't see why it would upset her though.

Urm just one thing Mike, you might want to make sure that meeting up with your Dad would upset his new wife. Again, what you are trying to do is between you and your Dad and doesn't really include her but still, it's best not to upset anyone eh?

I've met up with my cousins recently. We had never really hung out because something happened when my Mum and my Uncle were young (to do with Grandad dying) and it messed my Uncle up so much that I don't think he stopped all contact with the family because it was upsetting him so much.

I'm really glad though because my cousins and I have managed to be able to hang out and keep my Uncle out of it so we can kind of stitch the family back together a bit. Such a shame that I will probably never meet my Uncle though, I'm sure he's probably a good guy and apparently I look just like him. Mum misses him lots because he's still the only person that she feels understands what it was like to lose her father.

Just thought I'd point that out.

I can't see why it would upset her though.

To be honest i never thought of that. Good point but there is not much i can do about that, thats up 2 my dad.

To be honest i never thought of that. Good point but there is not much i can do about that, thats up 2 my dad.

i agree ~ it's a good point, but i think you deserve to be good and selfish and just think about yourself in this matter - let your dad worry about his side of things... he's been selfish enough already by putting you in this position by not making an effort to keep in touch with his son*

*please note: the last sentence there may be a little bias/overly bitter... :grin:

Such a shame that I will probably never meet my Uncle though, I'm sure he's probably a good guy and apparently I look just like him.

also! jamba look-a-likes?! *dies*