NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mundi

Diablo 3

I saw a video somewhere a few weeks ago and a Blizzard employee said they are going to update the console versions every so often, so we'll get some stuff down the line.

Yeah, we'll get most of the content, but Seasons is PC only ;) I could try the new patch on PC but I'll wait for the PS4 release.

So, adventure mode. What's the deal with it, i figured ramp it up to master and have some fun, bit the drops are crap! The legendary items are worse than the rares i currently have, does act V adventure mode drop better stuff or have i just been unlucky with the randomer?

Act V doesn't drop better stuff ;)

You might know this already, but for those who don't it might help:

First of all: RNG, RNG, RNG. Item drops are random. Item stats are random. Whether the equip you find rolls good stats is - can you guess? - random.

Let me tell you something: I've played a Demon Hunter for 150 hours on PC and not once has the bow I wanted dropped. ;)

Secondly: Adventure mode itself (i.e. bounties) doesn't have a higher drop rate for legendaries. Rifts do, though!

Bounties give you rift key fragments (for all of you who somehow don't know :p) and Horadrim Caches. These have a chance to contain Cache-only legendaries, or to be more precise: Cache-only-and-act-specific legendaries.

Example:

Ring-of-royal-grandeur-db.jpg

This can only be found in a Cache from Act 1.

If you don't like doing bounties or rifts to make your character more powerful...sell the game :p

Patch 2.1.0 adds new stuff to make the end game more interesting (timed rifts, legendary gems). Maybe a reason to hold on to the game :D

Anyway, you'll hit a point where you won't get better gear for hours and hours.

It just comes down to luck.

However, - and that's a big however - use the enchantress. Especially for weapons.

You can only switch one stat, and if you do this is the stat you'll be changing from then on. But it can be a huge change

Example:

320px-Shard-of-hate-db.jpg

The 3 random magic properties can vary from xxx-life per hit to 5% critical hit chance.

Some properties you don't need. E.g xxx-life per kill. It's best to enchant the item to switch that stat and hope you get a socket. Insert a green gem to add e.g. 130% critical hit chance. This increases your damage per second a lot.

Also: Wait until you find some set items. Here's an example:

Mask of the Searing Sky

The set bonuses are a game changer :)

Edited by drahkon

I could read your Diablo posts for hours. I really enjoy listening to people knowledgeable about things like this! Reminds me of when i would post on a FFXI forum debating wether 3 STR beats 5 ATT lol :) Anyway Il go check out that link now, cant see me getting rid of this game... Like ever.

Well, there are certain things I'm not sure about, like "is 10% attack speed better than +5% damage".

But I know the basic stuff and am happy to help with that :)

Now...something weird just happened...

xEjNjnF.jpg

"Killer of Drahkon"

Drahkon is my Demon Hunter. The one I'm playing in that screen.

So...the Nemesis...killed me...and attacked me...and I killed it.

My first Nemesis invasion. And it's weird as fuck :laughing:

Handing out gifts like a boss :D Got 190k attack now and about 8 billion defense. Been doing lots of rifts and bounties. Much fun, very game, enjoy wow.

Steadily leveling my Hardcore Crusader.

Currently level 38 and halfway through Act III.

Will finish this one and at least Act IV tomorrow. I may even push through Act V :D

As soon as he's level 70 I'll get back to my Monk. : peace:

Tomorrow will be my.last play on it for a while, i might get an hour or two next weekend but in not sure. I put my headset on when you joined but i couldn't hear anything! That was my first attempt at Torment. Its alot harder than master and i didn't see a single legendary drop :( Are they better drops on Torment or just more frequent? Also how is loot shared in a party? Does everyone get some or is it whoever picks it up first?

Tomorrow will be my.last play on it for a while, i might get an hour or two next weekend but in not sure. I put my headset on when you joined but i couldn't hear anything!

Sorry, I didn't put my headset on. I was tired and only wanted to do one more rift :p

Are they better drops on Torment or just more frequent?

Drops aren't better. Item roll stats completely randomly, independent from the difficulty.

Legendaries drop more frequent on Torment, though.

You might not have the feeling that they do because there's a "rule" when playing the campaign: Whenever you kill an Act-boss for the first time it will always drop at least one legendary. You might be spoilt from the story mode ;)

You can reset the campaign to get that bonus again, but have to play the whole deal again, obviously.

Also how is loot shared in a party? Does everyone get some or is it whoever picks it up first?

Everyone in the party gets their own drops. You can't see theirs, they can't see yours ;)

Local co-op has separate loot streams too, it's just anyone can pick them up of the ground; items will go to either player regardless.

I always like getting legendary drops from barrels. Always seems so absurd. :D

I found a legendary pendant in a floor tile yesterday :p And I was starting to think it was pointless breaking them.

Local co-op has separate loot streams too, it's just anyone can pick them up of the ground; items will go to either player regardless.
Ah yeah this is what they added in Loot 2.0 for consoles, I was a bit confused as to why it was happening at first, definitely didn't happen on the 360/PS3 version. It's a bit annoying because you see a legendary only to find out it's not for you. Because of RNG, you can end up resenting your teammates a little if it happens frequently :p

jLg42F1.jpg

Killed Diablo on Hardcore. Now Act V and leveling up to 70 and I have all the hardcore trophies. : peace:

Congrats! I got my hardcore character to 20-something and then went back to my level 70 Crusader. Gotta get more loot!

Is there anything higher than Legendary? I remember D2 had loads of different colour coded loot.

Is there anything higher than Legendary? I remember D2 had loads of different colour coded loot.

Nope. And it's the same as in Diablo 2 :p

A breakdown of item qualities (most of you probably all know that, but maybe this will be of use to someone new to Diablo):

Low Quality - Crap, don't even pick it up.

White items - Normal, crap, don't pick up.

Magic - Few extra properties, pick up and salvage

Rare - More properties, pick up, compare, equip or salvage

Set - Set items, the more items you equip from a set, the more set bonuses you'll get

Legendary - Boom. Some legendaries have special affixes. PICK THEM UP :laughing:

Level 50! Close to finishing Act V. Two Hardcore trophies to go : peace:

I'm sure I remember purple ones too, guess I'm wrong lol. Maybe it was just harder, or rarer, to get legendaries in D2.

I'll be working on those hardcore trophies soon. Got a couple already. And I'm so glad I found a room filled with breakables. Got the "break 50 items" trophy yesterday :D

OMG I was doing a rift last night, I found a room with like 100 goblins in it. Problem was that I didn't expect it and only ended up killing 2 of them before they all vanished :(

When will the PS4 get the 2.1 update... I want to get into a goblins realm for the cash!

I'm glad you can collect lore books and stuff in Adventure mode. If I have to listen to Leah say, "Adria was my mother... but I don't know much about her.." one more time...

I'm sure I remember purple ones too, guess I'm wrong lol. Maybe it was just harder, or rarer, to get legendaries in D2.

No purples :p

I'd say it was pretty much the same with finding legendaries in Diablo 2. The problem is: You only get a few legendaries that you can use, so you dismiss the other ones. ;)

OMG I was doing a rift last night, I found a room with like 100 goblins in it. Problem was that I didn't expect it and only ended up killing 2 of them before they all vanished :(

When will the PS4 get the 2.1 update... I want to get into a goblins realm for the cash!

Yeah, I remember the goblin area from the PC version. My reaction was probably like yours :laughing:

There hasn't been a release date announced for the 2.1 update for consoles. I guess we'll get this at the end of September.

It'd be good if they had D2 inspired rifts. They look similar, have the old enemies and dying sounds, etc. I'd pay for that!

It'd be good if they had D2 inspired rifts. They look similar, have the old enemies and dying sounds, etc. I'd pay for that!

I'd much rather have a shapeshifter class. The Druid from D2..fucking awesome.

Level 65 :laughing: Need a break now. Maybe I'll get back to it later tonight.

Edit: Of course I got back to it :D

y5WF7Cz.jpg

Edited by drahkon

I'd much rather have a shapeshifter class. The Druid from D2..fucking awesome.

Level 65 :laughing: Need a break now. Maybe I'll get back to it later tonight.

Why not both? :D I miss the Necromancer a bit... even though I don't remember being very good with him.

I was always the Barbarian on D2, not so much on D3.

Why not both? :D I miss the Necromancer a bit... even though I don't remember being very good with him.

Well, I also wouldn't mind both :p

The Necromancer has been replaced by the Witch Doctor. But I think the Necro was way cooler.

I was always the Barbarian on D2, not so much on D3.

Dude, the Barbarin is fucking awesome in Diablo 3. Every skill that is intended to kill enemies is so brutal :laughing:

And the Whirlwind-lightning-build. So strong!

I just haven't spent enough time of the Barb I guess!

I quite like the Witch Doctor, that acid drop is lethal!

Been playing this through again on the PS4 this weekend and I am amazed how easy and basically broken they have made the game with the Crusader now. I played through on Normal first on the PC when it first came out and it was hardish in places with my Wizard but playing through as the Crusader I have already upped the difficulty to Hard and I am still yet to die and have only used a health vial once at the very beginning of the game. I barely even see my health go down anymore because it regenerates so quickly.

I barely even see my health go down anymore because it regenerates so quickly.

Pretty sure it will change once you change to Torment, but I haven't played the game in months so what do I know :D

The first few difficulties have never been difficult, though.

Man, I really need to get back to Diablo 3. A new expansion would make me do so immediately.

Or another big content patch...

Quite tempted to just start a new class again. Urgh, so much to play, though :(

However, Spotify + Diablo 3 is a match made in heaven.

Edit: Patch 2.2.0 is on its way. Supposed to be out early April. PC and console versions to be updated almost simultaneously.

Edited by drahkon

Sign in to follow this