NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mundi

Diablo 3

Thought my PS4 version might arrive today. It didn't. Now I have to wait until Monday!

I've play countless hours on the PC, but got old and the game suffered as a result. Haven't managed to play the expansion , or adventure mode yet. Monday better get here quick!

Managed to get this for PS4 in a deal with a magazine subscription, but because of the nature of that deal I've got no idea when it will show up :p

Managed to get this for PS4 in a deal with a magazine subscription, but because of the nature of that deal I've got no idea when it will show up :p

Was that the anime magazine deal? If so I was gonna try that myself but when it said there was a limited amount of games I didnt trust that I would get one.

Yeah, it was limited to the first fifty but I got in really quick. They confirmed I got one and said it would ship sometime between release date and the first magazine going out, which is something like Sept 4.

Thats alright then. Kind of wish id given it a try now, I would like to play the game again but im not paying full price for a game I played through multiple times on PC.

I'm eagerly awaiting my order to arrive. Shopto sent it out on Friday but the postman has already been today. There is a chance however that it'll come in a parcel van a bit later. :D

So yeah, no Diablo III in the post at work today. Probably have to wait till tomorrow now. NOT. FUCKING. HAPPY!! :mad:

Hopefully it won't anger you to know I got mine.

Having played the PC version when it first came out endlessly this has been an enlightening experience. Quite a bit about the game itself has changed, updates and tweaks here and there. All for the better. And for the most part I much prefer using the PS4 controller over a keyboard and mouse. (Equipping items and looking through the challenges took me a minute or two to acclimatise to.)

Overall, after a few hours play, I'm bloody hooked again. And it's great to finally play it with the graphics on full. :D

Got my copy today :D just transferring my save from Xbox 360 to PS4 (so impressed that you can do that) then ready to see what's new!

Jesus, this game..... Sank like 5 hours into it today without realising. IM level 23 i think and still on act one. Only bug bear i have is that when you save it, turn it off then load it up again later, you lose all the mini map progress :(

For people that are coming to this now and may not have known from the PC version. A good idea if you want a bit more choice on what skills you can use for your character is to go into the options and turn on Elective Mode which will stop the game limiting you to one from each section if I remember right.

Only bug bear i have is that when you save it, turn it off then load it up again later, you lose all the mini map progress :(

Well, that's Diablo for you ;) Every time you load it up again the maps newly generated.

I want to get it, but I've played it death on PC, it's too expensive and Destiny is close...

Have been on this almost constantly since release. Got a level 65 Crusader now. Giving him a little rest and start up a Witch Doctor. I love how smooth it all is, especially compared to my rubbish old laptop, which never could run it on full graphics.

Hey somme i got the legendary bracers you sent! Did you get the legendary i sent?

Hey somme i got the legendary bracers you sent! Did you get the legendary i sent?

I did! Was loads better than the weapon I had at the time. Cheers :D

I haven't actually died yet, so you won't find a levelled-up enemy invading your game. Will be exciting to see that actually happen eventually though. :D

If an enemy kills you it'll level-up and go through a portal into a friends game. It it kills your friend as well it'll do the same thing up to five times, getting harder each time, with better loot! You'll know when you see one as it'll say something like "Nemesis of Somme".

Won £25 on lottery yesterday and since I have no willpower I bought this just now.

Yeah, ditto Cookie. I traded in a load of games and got this. Never ever played a Diablo but it looked perfect for local co-op. And it is.

So as a n00b, is there anything I need to know? I'm a lvl 8 Crusader at the moment.

So as a n00b, is there anything I need to know? I'm a lvl 8 Crusader at the moment.

You - and everybody playing - should follow @Happenstance's advice and

go into the options and turn on Elective Mode which will stop the game limiting you to one from each section

Other than that...enjoy the game and try to figure out as much as you can by yourself.

If you want to become a hardcore Diablo player you should google builds/items (i.e. sets, legendaries)/xp-farming guides/etc.

What is elective mode exactly? I don't quite understand.

I'll add y'all when PSN is back and working.

What is elective mode exactly? I don't quite understand.

Its been ages since I last played but if I remember right, Diablo III splits powers into different catagories and then will only let you assign one per catagory by default but if you use elective mode then you can assign whichever power you like. It just gives you a lot more freedom to play how you like.

If you want to maximize your damage you should also try to understand how certain affixes work.

Read this.

Basically this is what most character classes turn into...one kind of elemental damage (skills equipped with certain runes) with items having affixes for that particular element.

Sign in to follow this