NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
nicolasmasset

Reggie talks Zelda, metroid and mario movies!

Another Mario movie , OH NO!.

Id love to watch an animated Zelda or Metroid movie especially if nintendo is doing there own production , it will be quality.

As for Mario , well, I curse and cringe every time i see Bob Hoskins or Dennis Hopper on the telly.

Well... I would love to see a Final Fantasy Advent Children style Metroid/Zelda movie. But Im worried about several things...script being one of them.

Lets face it..Link doesnt talk...thats because as the player, you ARE Link, he doesnt talk for you, you talk for him. So a movie I dunno...it would have to be really brilliant with great plot and sword fights...other than that i dont see a bright future for it...

Actually the same would go for Metroid, Samus never really talks, she has no one to talk to and therefor has no reason to talk, i wouldnt want to see a movie with Samus just shooting some metroids and not saying anything at all, I'd rather go play the games then...

But, if they think they can pull it off, then by all means do try. Id just make it a fan film only available on DVD like FF AC

Lets face it, only fans would go see it in the theater...so in my town there will be uhm....5 people who would see them...me being one of em.

Actually, that link also says something about a Halo movie??? I mean come on...

I've been anticipating the John Woo adaption of Metroid, but then he dropped it. It's good news Nintendo themselves will start production. And samus does talk, she talks in Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion and in Metroid Zero Mission. I wouldn't mind Link talking in the movie. In the games Link doesn't talk because it's a game and you have an influence in that world. In a movie you're an outsider, you're just watching the story unfold itself. Link not talking would be weird in a movie (I just wouldn't like him saying "Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess!"). Besides, Link talks in the manga.

Rumours about Nintendo movies have been flying around for a long time now, yet they never seem to actually get anywhere. I'll get excited about a Metroid movie when they release some concrete details about the script/casting.

Dennis Hopper to play Mother Brain and Sean Bean to play Ridley, please. Don't let me down, Nintendo.

"ridley! your reign of terror ends here!

"WILL IT 'ECK LASS, SHUT THE TRAP AND GET TEA ON!"

Nintendo said about a year ago that they were intending to set up their own animated movie production company; and i'd been wondering recently when we were going to hear more about it!!

Animated Zelda/Metroid/Mario movies would be amazing; with Nintendo producing them!!

Lets face it..Link doesnt talk...

Actually the same would go for Metroid, Samus never really talks

It would be fine to give them voices for an animated film though; just as Mario and Link have had voices in their cartoon series!

Rumours about Nintendo movies have been flying around for a long time now, yet they never seem to actually get anywhere. I'll get excited about a Metroid movie when they release some concrete details about the script/casting.

Dennis Hopper to play Mother Brain and Sean Bean to play Ridley, please. Don't let me down, Nintendo.

Yeah, long time rumours. But I did read that Nintendo are actualy planning to do a Metroid movie since it fits in with the Action movie craze (well its very popular at the moment), but im interested to see how it works, because face it, the original metroid story didnt have much interaction with other charecters.

A zelda movie would be too long, but I would like to see how it would turn out if made into a movie.

And hell no to another Mario movie, no point. The story wouldnt really suit as a film, but spin-offs would be welcome.

They should re-do the graphics to OoT, take out the on screen buttons and record shigsy playing it. Then release the game footage as a movie. Seriously though, it was easy to give mario a voice, hes Italian. Link is a elf/forest person, how do they speak? For that matter how does anyone in the Zelda universe speak? Oh well, cant be as bad as Starfox Adventures voice acting.

A Metroid Movie would be sweet, but they can't go with the games storyline, because that is mainly shooting everything in the way and solving puzzles with some bits of story.

It would be cool to set it some time before the first Metroid or Metroid Prime 2 and also tell more things about her past, why she became a bounty hunter in the first place, where she got her suit from, why she hunts the space pirates. It would be pretty good if this was done similar to Batman Begins.

Why set before Metroid Prime 2? I think after Samus discovered the Phazon on Talon she headed back to the Federation where closer investigation was made on the Phazon and there we could see a lot of parts of the Metroid Universe and it also leaves a lot of space for interaction with other characters and at the End of the Film some Space Marines move out to the plnet where Metroid Prime 2 takes place.

A Zelda movie should stick with not letting Link speak. It might seem a little wierd, but theres plenty of other characters that can carry out the story with their voice without making Link say a word.

They speak like this.

Apparently.

Dude, what the hell? If Link speaks like that in the movie I will personally burn down the people responsible. Its impossible to put a voice to him or even a possible accent. Every gamer in the world pictures him with either their own voice or one in thier regional dialect. They should release it with different voices in different countries. American in American, midlands accent(not brummy) in England and Japanese (duh) in Japan.

Nintendo said about a year ago that they were intending to set up their own animated movie production company; and i'd been wondering recently when we were going to hear more about it!!

That would be a good move. I mean, they have the money, and they know what they're doing with graphics and such. I've always said they should widen beond just games.

That would be a good move. I mean, they have the money, and they know what they're doing with graphics and such. I've always said they should widen beond just games.

But it could end up like Final Fantasy: Spirits Within (which I like by the way) and lose them a buttload of money. Didnt the film bankrupt Square film studios or whatever it was called?

Dude, what the hell? If Link speaks like that in the movie I will personally burn down the people responsible. Its impossible to put a voice to him or even a possible accent. Every gamer in the world pictures him with either their own voice or one in thier regional dialect. They should release it with different voices in different countries. American in American, midlands accent(not brummy) in England and Japanese (duh) in Japan.

That actually is a sound clip from link in the Zelda cartoon...

But it could end up like Final Fantasy: Spirits Within (which I like by the way) and lose them a buttload of money. Didnt the film bankrupt Square film studios or whatever it was called?

Well that's mainly because the film was not very well recieved, as it wasn't Final Fantasy at all & they probably put too much work into making the people look real, costing a lot of time, therefore money etc etc.

Sign in to follow this