NEurope
Portlett

are you sure you want to delete the file?

ok so my older bro found my old gameboy and games and decided to take it to his work and play with it there. The games he took were Mario Land, Zelda:LA and Pokemon Red. I dont really live at home anymore but I came home and thought...I havent played on Pokemon in years, lets see what my team is like. I turn it on thinking Ill see 6 level 100 pokemon greats but low and behold I see 1 level 6 squirtle with user name Tiffany. He took it to work where his workmate deleted my file which had all 150 pokemon and had 120 hours of gameplay.....I wasnt happy, I may not have played it for 6, 7 years but thats not the point. Not only that but my Links Awakening file had been deleted too :(

Anything like this happened to anyone else?

YES! exactly this. With the same games as well!!!

My Pokemon Red got erased by someone's sister. I lent it to them and asked them not to save. (as I had all 151 Pokemon) nut I was shocked to find when I got it back that the file had been deleted.

Same thing happened with Links Awakening. You'd have thought I'd learnt the first time? but I lent it to the same person :p and it got erased again. Luckily I had been playing another file as well and was almost at the same point but I didn't have all the secret shells :(

If I lost my pokémon saves I swear I'd kill everyone I seen for the next 25 years. Too many hours was spend getting all those critters.

Meh simple solution... don't lend your games out that you don't want to lose files on and put the carts in a place where they aren't likely to be found / borrowed. :smile:

I haven't lost any files in that way but I have lost my original complete file for the first Zelda on the NES, just turned it on one day and found it just wasn't there, turns out the internal battery had failed, they last around 15 - 20 years then just become unreliable. :/

Lol, back in the day I lent my mate StarFox 64... and got it back wiped, the language changed and the speech changed to Lylat. I've played it lots since, but I didn't get all the medals and all back. :(

I've lent Super Mario 64 to a friend. As a fellow gamer, I expected him to leave the A file alone, and well, he sweared he did, but it must have been a friend who also played the game. The file had all the stars, but all the hi-scores, well, weren't exactly high. Too bad I never bothered to finish Super Mario 64 a second time (I've tried though). That's the only incident fortunately.

I think the only time something similar happened to me was when I let my cousin (much younger than me) play my Classic NES series bomber-man and as he got the game over screen I told him not to save it but he was rapidly pressing the "A" button and ended up saving over my file. I don't think I've played the game since though. Come to think of it he's staying at my house tonight in the same room where I keep my Wii. *Runs off to put parental lock on for all games*

I've lent Super Mario 64 to a friend. As a fellow gamer, I expected him to leave the A file alone, and well, he sweared he did, but it must have been a friend who also played the game. The file had all the stars, but all the hi-scores, well, weren't exactly high. Too bad I never bothered to finish Super Mario 64 a second time (I've tried though). That's the only incident fortunately.

i lent my mario 64 to a mate a few years ago for blast corps and still havent had it back, i really hope my 120 stars are still intact.

Think I erased my own pokemon once, thinking "ah hell, it's ages since I finished this, maybe I'll start again". Then I got bored, and now I regret losing all those lvl 100 pokemon. And I don't know if it's just more boring or I'm more impatient, but I'll never bother getting my Diamond/Pearl squads that high, so I guess I'll never have a lvl 100 pokemon again!

unless they make an MMO

Happened with my Fire Emblem on the GBA, I think 2 times.

I was between level 22-24 I think both times when I let someone play.

OF COURSE WHEN YOUR PLAYING SOMEONE ELSES GAME YOU SAVE OVER THE FILE WITH THE MOST TIME SPEND on AND FARTHEST INTO THE GAME AGHHHH FNÆKLNGQPEDGNHBPÆWSHBGSHGF

Someone tried out my Nanostray 2 on the DS, and didn't realise that if you choose "Adventure" (which is the default) it just overwrites the previous game without asking. Not amused.

Super Marioball on the GBA seemed to wipe the save whenever i reset with the START+SELECT+A+B combo. Must be a bug, but took me ages to figure out why my savegame kept disappearing.

Happened a few times with me, after lending out my copies of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie all 100% complete with many hours spent aquiring all including cheats only to have them back without the save files on them. Believe me, i was miffed.