NEurope
pedrocasilva

Arc Rise Fantasia (Marvelous/Image Epoch)

whow this looks awesome i hope it gets released this year!
I'd say impossible right off the bat for outside of Japan in 2008, and guess a November/December 2008 date for Japan.

Thanks for posting the scans, Pedro. I was heading off to work just as I posted the link so I didnt have the time to do it.

Thanks for posting the scans, Pedro. I was heading off to work just as I posted the link so I didnt have the time to do it.
oh, no problem, and your link sufficed, I just drooled over these too much not to get them posted in all their glory :D

whow this looks awesome i hope it gets released this year!

You should never really hope these things. Games like this need a decent development sequel. I'd hope for Mid 2009 for us at earliest, if not late.

This looks really good from the scans. Sold. :D

Finally, f*cking finally. Hell i'll give them my money now on account that they're ACTUALLY PUTTING IN SOME F%CKING EFFORT. ARE YOU WATCHING UBISOFT?????!!!!!11111

Seconded.

From GoNintendo

- graphics are only 70% complete

- cutscenes have no facial animation just yet

- dev team is hard at work improving the graphics and liveliness of the event scenes

- voice cast will be announced next month

- sprite team is focused on DS, 3D team focused on Wii and PSP

OH-MY-GAWD

This game looks bloody hawt. This looks like the faptastic RPG i've been wanting for the Wii.

I didn't notice this thread till now, oh christ what a surprise. Instant purchase.

They owe me a pair of underwear for that stains. Awesome word Pedro.

Instant buy for me, i'd give them my monies right now.

This game looks fucking epic.

fap fap fap

I could not agree more, sir.

More Tidbits:

- Dragon Hunting is a focus in the game

- Battle system named Trinity Battle system, TBS for short, similar to how Tales is uses LMBS (linear motion battle system)

- Trinity stands for group of three; triad, and in this game party's consist of 3 characters.

- Action commands include: Excel Acts, Tandem Connect and Party Connect

Looks pretty impressive, its really obvious that the designer behind E7 is behind this as well. Although I wouldn't say the graphics are amazing the whole style of them is pretty sublime. Good to see proper RPG's starting to hit the Wii.

nice! cant wait i hope it turns out really good couse im waiting for a really good rpg for ages

I feel like I'm in good company here. If, and when, it comes to the stage where I have to stab a baby to get this game, will everyone promise not to tell?

I feel like I'm in good company here. If, and when, it comes to the stage where I have to stab a baby to get this game, will everyone promise not to tell?
does that mean we'll have to stab the same baby?

Is there already known if this game will get released outside Japan (best would be Europe but will it at least see an US release)?

Is there already known if this game will get released outside Japan (best would be Europe but will it at least see an US release)?
Kinda:

Have you thought about bringing Arc Rise Fantasia to North America?

Yasuhiro Wada: We are considering to release Arc Rise Fantasia in the US too. Since XSEED has experience releasing RPGs in the US we will consider them as the publisher for Arc Rise Fantasia.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2008/07/23/origins-of-the-xseed-and-marvelous-relationship/

As for Europe... Rising Star is publishing, definitely.

If this'll get a few Nintendo-exclusive sequels, this'll be our answer to Final Fantasy. Saaah-weet!

Graphics look good, and hopefully story and gameplay will be the same. This is an RPG though, so a lenght of under, let's say 20 hours would be a scandal.