NEurope
pedrocasilva

Arc Rise Fantasia (Marvelous/Image Epoch)

Here's the rest of the images that were in the site, because I'm a screenshot whore:

image3yw3.jpg

image9eb0.jpg

image0ue8.jpg

imagerxx7.jpg

image4lu7.jpg

image2qm3.jpg

image7ip1.jpg

image8ny5.jpg

image5vw6.jpg

image6fm4.jpg

image,big,id4294,491,rollenspiel,marvelous_interactive,image_epoch,arc_rise_fantasia.jpg

image,big,id4295,491,rollenspiel,marvelous_interactive,image_epoch,arc_rise_fantasia.jpg

CG looks good, but I thought the game itself would look better then it does, specially after seeing the first screenshots. Art style is cool though, very colourful. Are they going to show a trailer for this at TGS?

CG looks good, but I tought the game itself would look better then it does, specially after seeing the first screenshots. Art style is cool though, very colourful.
Indeed, the game does not push the system, but wwe've got to see these guys are a fairly new team/development studio and aren't beneath a big publisher... so it's only natural that they don't have a budget, we still see that a lot of attention to detail was given to this game though. All in all it totally puts ToS2 into shame, be it in graphics, polycounts, shadows, textures, ambition, world map... And while that's not a "wow, they've done so much they're killing the console" it's definetly a slap in the face for how idiotic Bandai Namco was for us, when even indie guys, with a lot of good will completely destroy their "work".

This said... lightning looks a little too flat when the battle particle system is not at place, if they were aiming for the FMV's style instead of a shading somewhat reminiscent of Tales of the Abyss and Kingdom Hearts they'd have better results, question is if they have the know-how to implement it, but if they did, I believe the game could look easily twice as good...

I mean:

080627arcr03.jpg

thelegendofzeldatwilighkj2.jpg

The shading they're aiming for in the FMV's is pretty feasible on the Wii (hell, I'm showing a GC game "at core" as an example), and would decrease the diference between ingame and FMV a lot. (I don't think they have the time to make the change now, though)

Are they going to show a trailer for this at TGS?
Yes, I heard so, and expect it.

It will have a TGS presence.

This games smacks of the Wii Tales that should have been... Bring it on.

Indeed, the game does not push the system, but wwe've got to see these guys are a fairly new team/development studio and aren't beneath a big publisher... so it's only natural that they don't have a budget, we still see that a lot of attention to detail was given to this game though. All in all it totally puts ToS2 into shame, be it in graphics, polycounts, shadows, textures, ambition, world map... And while that's not a "wow, they've done so much they're killing the console" it's definetly a slap in the face for how idiotic Bandai Namco was for us, when even indie guys, with a lot of good will completely destroy their "work".

I completely agree. These guys have been focusing so much on Wii and putting so much resources on it (compared to other third-parties), that they deserve sales, regardless of technical achievements.

And its also a slap in the face of Square-Enix... I still can't believe how moronic their support to Wii is, I mean... Chocobo, Soul Eater? Sure, they are supporting it, but it still isn't enough, specially when they are bleeding money into other platforms who aren't market leaders.

This said... lightning looks a little too flat when the battle particle system is not at place, if they were aiming for the FMV's style instead of a shading somewhat reminiscent of Tales of the Abyss and Kingdom Hearts they'd have better results, question is if they have the know-how to implement it, but if they did, I believe the game could look easily twice as good...

Well, I remember reading on Famitsu, I think when the game was revealed, that they were still working hard on improving the visuals, so till its release it still has time to improve. I'm hoping that it runs at 60fps, though.

Yes, I heard so, and expect it.

Nice.

I completely agree. These guys have been focusing so much on Wii and putting so much resources on it (compared to other third-parties), that they deserve sales, regardless of technical achievements.
You're thinking Marvelous, Marvelous only acts as publisher and funding company for this game, who is made by Image Epoch, the guys who did Luminous Arc and World Destruction for the DS, and this is, in-fact their first Wii game, and first game with 3D character modeling and all.

The team itself has some dissidents from Team Symphonia from Tales Studio, which just seals the deal of how much of an improvement it is over Abyss (whereas ToS2 is "Abyss plus") despite the fact that, they don't have nowhere the same budget or sales projections.

And its also a slap in the face of Square-Enix... I still can't believe how moronic their support to Wii is, I mean... Chocobo, Soul Eater? Sure, they are supporting it, but it still isn't enough, specially when they are bleeding money into other platforms who aren't market leaders.
Nomura-Enix, nuff said, the guy will cry and be emo whenever he's told to do a game NOT for PS3.

It's getting ridiculous alright, they didn't reach where they are by going down with consoles that don't lead. Then the Microsoft moneyhated games pretty much seal the deal.

Well, I remember reading on Famitsu, I think when the game was revealed, that they were still working hard on improving the visuals, so till its release it still has time to improve. I'm hoping that it runs at 60fps, though.
Even then it wouldn't push the system. But yes, would be nice.
This games smacks of the Wii Tales that should have been... Bring it on.
Only if you have low standard for such :heh: I don't mean to bash this one at all, but technically, this should be the bar minimum what Tales should have been given that Bandai Namco has/had a budget, and chose to use it on a system as popular as betamax, so not what it should have been per see.

Tales of Vesperia scenario-wise is like Tales of the Abyss HD, only with better wind-waker'ish character modeling, seriously.

Abyss:

snap036yt2.jpg

Vesperia:

Texturing is similar, as is the geometry itself, that even on PS2 wasn't particularly a polygon pusher, only now it has some arcs on the doors (wow)... for instance...

Doesn't even look better than Hyrule town in Twilight Princess does:

20060914082137380ng9.jpg

And their overworld map is this dump, whom I can count the polygons and cardboard tree's.

And then the characters are essentially wind waker cel shading without the chibi format, completly possible to achieve, and the goal the pricks should have aimed for on the Wii. not a mid-range PS2 game with recycled scenarios that will sell more with it's hands tied (no publicity, collectors edition or bundles) than their expensive betamax version.

great another topic turned into tales of series talk.

ARF's world map

image,big,id4291,491,rollenspiel,marvelous_interactive,image_epoch,arc_rise_fantasia.jpg

Tales of the Abyss' world map

tales-of-the-abyss-20051118115627917.jpg

great another topic turned into tales of series talk.
No problem about that though (and that picture comparison came from other place, so it's not like we're the only one's going even remotely at it), it's never enough to stress, we're still talking about Wii RPG's, what they should be, where did they utterly fail, where was Bandai Namco idiotic and stuff; never gets old. :heh:

Regarding world maps though... pictures don't tell the whole story for Abyss... the darned game runs at 15 frames in the world map (seriously), all this due to being unoptimized, the textures never try to be realistic (like in a way arc rise fantasia is aiming for judging from the worldmap, hence better textures (without a 16 color limit ^^')... and well, the tree's are kinda horrible in abyss (crossed cardboard), and the geometry going on it is definitely worse than the one in arc rise's worldmap at most places, not to mention it seems to have more than one type of tree and stuff, but sadly draw distance seems similar. it STILL looks a little better though, and I'd bet it at least has rock solid framerate, which makes it better than Abyss by a tenfold already.

Either way none seem to be a achievement in any way (neither is vesperia's, at all, the worldmap city detail in it is totally on-par with Abyss's), it's still better than having a freaking point and click world map like ToS2 does though.

You're thinking Marvelous, Marvelous only acts as publisher and funding company for this game, who is made by Image Epoch, the guys who did Luminous Arc and World Destruction for the DS, and this is, in-fact their first Wii game, and first game with 3D character modeling and all.

I didn't made it clear in my post, but I was really talking about Marvelous itself, I was saying how they deserve sales for the resources they have been putting on their projects for Wii. My mistake.

Nomura-Enix, nuff said, the guy will cry and be emo whenever he's told to do a game NOT for PS3.

Only Cell and Blu-Ray can give Nomura's belts and zippers the detail they deserve.

Interesting how fast they were to let go of Nintendo in the N64 days for the new market leader... and how slow they are turning around now (or at all). Old grudges die hard.

I didn't made it clear in my post, but I was really talking about Marvelous itself, I was saying how they deserve sales for the resources they have been putting on their projects for Wii. My mistake.
They do, I somehow hope these small companies that are benefiting of Square-enix neing absent grow, with S-E here they'd be in the shadow.

Square-enix only grew like it did for being at the right place at the right time, with FF7, FFX and other games (even on Nintendo platforms still), and what if other companies get that timing right while they're being bullocks somewhere else?

Atlus too is being pretty stupid this gen though, if they had gone and given Wii the support they should with Shin Megami Tensei and Persona they'd be growing their userbase like mad. I sure hope they don't go for HD consoles for SMT4 as it would be too idiotic. But all this industry this gen is acting kinda stupid, taking marvelous aside.

Only Cell and Blu-Ray can give Nomura's belts and zippers the detail they deserve.
See? Nomura is a joke, everybody in the industry knows it's fanaticism by now, and yet Square-Enix let's him run free when the darned console he'd lick clean is in third place worldwide.
Interesting how fast they were to let go of Nintendo in the N64 days for the new market leader... and how slow they are turning around now (or at all). Old grudges die hard.
DS says otherwise, regarding grudges.

Thing is... Square-Enix mostly antecipated DS success, but didn't for Wii, so since they plan stuff years in advance... they lost their agility, they were kind of an yacht when N64 came to be hence, they could turn away before the tempest, now they're more like a ocean cruiser, they see the iceberg they're heading there and they can't turn fast enough, so they're praying that the thing melts or something, while Nomura is going apeshit fanatic.

They invested too much money on the White Engine HD features to just give it up, they allocated to much people for it too... and since they won't cancel them, those will be kept busy, and then you have Nomura fanboy'ism and Microsoft trying to moneyhat ALL the rest.

I'll be honest though, I only want Square-Enix on the Wii so other developers follow suit. But it's not like they're stupid right? I mean, they certainly did follow suit on DS, and Square-Enix helped creating a market, but you don't see these third party's jumping on PS3, or even X360 just yet, what Square-Enix is doing is idiotic and it shows, if they jump after it they'll be entering the road of investing and investing without even knowing if they'll turn a profit in the end... it's dumb.

Ironically... If Square-Enix was going all out on the Wii I antecipate games like this one would sell less, because people would be too busy drooling to some ramdom FMV's and presentation values when gameplay consists of "press A to attack" nomura-style action-rpg crap. BUT... there would be more games like this... kind of a paradox right? how much these companies tend to follow S-E, even when S-E eats their market, they'll still look at what a FF sold, say... 5 million and say "those are all possible purchasers for our game" and go for it.

That just won't work with platforms that don't really sell, like PS3 and X360 though, hence how ridiculous that market actually is, and the fact it gets so much support from high budget projects.

Is there even known if this game will even see an US release (I am not talking about release date but more about IF).?

If so, will this game also see an European release?

Is there even known if this game will even see an US release (I am not talking about release date but more about IF).?
It will, XSEED is onto it, it's part of their marvelous/XSEED deal.
If so, will this game also see an European release?
Yes, Rising Star is Marvelous European representative, so it'll come.

Cool. Normally such games are games that don't make it outside of Japan that often.

I wonder when that game will come out :)

They do, I somehow hope these small companies that are benefiting of Square-enix neing absent grow, with S-E here they'd be in the shadow.

I agree.

See? Nomura is a joke, everybody in the industry knows it's fanaticism by now, and yet Square-Enix let's him run free when the darned console he'd lick clean is in third place worldwide.

Nomura is a good character designer; but he has become increasingly creatively bankrupt. His obsession with Sony is almost obscene. How he has so much power over the company, and how do the shareholders put up with that is something that baffles me.

True, his creations and style are already a part of Square, and, arguably, the games he has worked on are the ones who are the most recognizable and the ones who sell the best; but that doesn't mean he should have the freedom to make decisions that could prevent the company of maximizing profits. My guess is that Wada and the board are probably afraid of doing something to piss him off.

DS says otherwise, regarding grudges.

Thing is... Square-Enix mostly antecipated DS success, but didn't for Wii, so since they plan stuff years in advance... they lost their agility, they were kind of an yacht when N64 came to be hence, they could turn away before the tempest, now they're more like a ocean cruiser, they see the iceberg they're heading there and they can't turn fast enough, so they're praying that the thing melts or something, while Nomura is going apeshit fanatic.

DS has had great support from Square, true. But you could argue that they didn't really envisioned the phenomenon the DS became, as back then when DS was released everybody was spelling doom to Nintendo. High quality and high budget titles like Crisis Core were still going to PSP without even knowing who would win. Crystal Chronicles was announced for DS right from the beginning, sure, but it was mainly a way of showing support without total commitment. Regardless, it was a situation that was much easier to handle as there wasn't as much financial risk.

Wii, on the other hand, was riding on an enormous hype wave generated by E3. It was a turning point when every single piece of news about the PS3 was a bad one. Unlike DS, you could see (even without the full picture) that the console would be sucessful. Square (and pretty much every other third party) now have to deal with the fact that they ignored the market shifting, when they were hoping the fad would go away.

They invested too much money on the White Engine HD features to just give it up, they allocated to much people for it too... and since they won't cancel them, those will be kept busy, and then you have Nomura fanboy'ism and Microsoft trying to moneyhat ALL the rest.

I find interesting that Crystal Tools now has support for Wii; Crystal Bearers obviously doesn't use it, as the last time it was shown it was already in an advanced state of development (or so it seemed), and changing pipelines would be impratical. Rewriting those tools for Wii... could have been just a damage control measure, as now they have a cross-platform engine that suports all machines, including the market leader. But they wouldn't do it if they hadn't something that justified the investment... something, probably big. I suspect Square will shed some light on that matter soon.

Ironically... If Square-Enix was going all out on the Wii I antecipate games like this one would sell less, because people would be too busy drooling to some ramdom FMV's and presentation values when gameplay consists of "press A to attack" nomura-style action-rpg crap. BUT... there would be more games like this... kind of a paradox right? how much these companies tend to follow S-E, even when S-E eats their market, they'll still look at what a FF sold, say... 5 million and say "those are all possible purchasers for our game" and go for it.

Yes, I agree. The reason I want them on Wii is, above all, because of the production values. Square games (nowadays) might not have the deepest gameplay but they sure know how to impress someone with its presentation. Their games ooze quality, they are elegant, and above all they make sure that you know they have a pretty big budget going for it. And I think that's the thing that the Wii needs the most now, even if it is just to show all the other third parties that there is a need for those games among the Wii userbase, and that they can be sucessfull.

I agree.

Nomura is a good character designer.

And that's all he should be. Everything that I have played that has him heavily involved with has been well...shit. Every game I have bought I have sold (Kingdom Hearts for example).

I can only dread in imagining what the gameplay will be like in Final Fantasy XIII. (Looking at the early trailers it looks just like FFVII: CC which I think had one of the shittest gameplay ever.)

True, his creations and style are already a part of Square, and, arguably, the games he has worked on are the ones who are the most recognizable and the ones who sell the best; but that doesn't mean he should have the freedom to make decisions that could prevent the company of maximizing profits. My guess is that Wada and the board are probably afraid of doing something to piss him off.

Yet they weren't afraid of pissing Yasumi Matsuno off with FF XII by going against him and make a shit shirtless 15 yr old kid be the main character, even though he was against it.

Square need to start using a thing called a brain and stop letting the Gackt lover push them around.

DS has had great support from Square, true. But you could argue that they didn't really envisioned the phenomenon the DS became, as back then when DS was released everybody was spelling doom to Nintendo. High quality and high budget titles like Crisis Core were still going to PSP without even knowing who would win. Crystal Chronicles was announced for DS right from the beginning, sure, but it was mainly a way of showing support without total commitment. Regardless, it was a situation that was much easier to handle as there wasn't as much financial risk.

HA!!! it's still fucking funny seeing Nomura's fanboyism go to the PSP, the 2 mobile phone games he was working on are going onto the PSP now. and that fighting game he is bringing out, I really don't see the point in putting it on the PSP...oh that's right, Nomura is behind the game :heh:

Wii, on the other hand, was riding on an enormous hype wave generated by E3. It was a turning point when every single piece of news about the PS3 was a bad one. Unlike DS, you could see (even without the full picture) that the console would be sucessful. Square (and pretty much every other third party) now have to deal with the fact that they ignored the market shifting, when they were hoping the fad would go away.

And they are still hoping for that shift, but soon they will see sales on Wii RPG's made by small companies outsell games of theirs on the PS3 and 360. (I can only hope this game does.)

Yes, I agree. The reason I want them on Wii is, above all, because of the production values. Square games (nowadays) might not have the deepest gameplay but they sure know how to impress someone with its presentation. Their games ooze quality, they are elegant, and above all they make sure that you know they have a pretty big budget going for it. And I think that's the thing that the Wii needs the most now, even if it is just to show all the other third parties that there is a need for those games among the Wii userbase, and that they can be sucessfull.

Don't forgot...FF XIII opening lasts longer then FF VII: AC :laughing:

I don't know if I should buy a controller or popcorn when playing that game.

Anyway, we should talk back to the game Arc Rise Fantasia :)

Porn:

72351520081008_101512_3_big.jpg

72351520081008_101512_4_big.jpg

72351520081008_101512_5_big.jpg

72351520081008_101512_1_big.jpg

72351520081008_101512_2_big.jpg

72351520081008_101512_6_big.jpg

72351520081008_101512_7_big.jpg

72351520081008_101513_11_big.jpg

72351520081008_101513_12_big.jpg

72351520081008_101513_13_big.jpg

72351520081008_101513_14_big.jpg

72351520081008_103639_1_big.jpg

72351520081008_101240_17_big.jpg

72351520081008_101241_18_big.jpg

72351520081008_101241_19_big.jpg

72351520081008_101241_20_big.jpg

72351520081008_101241_23_big.jpg

72351520081008_101241_24_big.jpg

72351520081008_101241_25_big.jpg

72351520081008_101242_26_big.jpg

72351520081008_101242_27_big.jpg

72351520081008_101242_28_big.jpg

72351520081008_101242_29_big.jpg

72351520081008_101242_30_big.jpg

72351520081008_101242_31_big.jpg

72351520081008_101242_32_big.jpg

72351520081008_101242_34_big.jpg

72351520081008_101242_35_big.jpg

72351520081008_101242_37_big.jpg

72351520081008_101512_0_big.jpg

That kind of goodness should be censored. Can't wait for a trailer though, this is looking better and better.

Looks hawt!

Marvelous is bringing 5 or 6 games to the Wii right now and they all look Fantastic.