NEurope
Daft

Pro Evo 2009

.....Sadly, i conform with a lot of this. Still somewhat enjoyed the demo, but man it felt almost no different. Nothing in it screamed NEW! and I really got a feeling of meh. Even the new 'Legends' mode isn't actually new at all. It was a mode you could play is ISS 2000 for god's sake, albeit with a different name and no online option. I KNEW they would do this. For ages I have been complaining about how they have taken stuff out, only to pump it back in at a later date and make it seem as if it's the next best thing. Can't get fifa yet until I have got PES and seen if it's really a let down.

ISS 2000's "career" mode was immense. Hard as nails though :shakehead

I've been playing ISS and then PES since their inception yet last year was gutting. A massive step backwads. I really thought Konami would blow EA out of the water. But it looks like it's the other way around. I thought PES 08 was "new gen jitters". Yet this year there is no such excuse. Furthermore, all the footy fans I know who have played FIFA 09 have said that it is brilliant. And, yes. It is.

The 2009 demo for PES is terribly archaic and as Khilafa says, the passes seem inhumane. With it's sharp yet arcadey and old-fashioned GFX it actually reminded me of an arcade title. Kinda like Actua Soccer or something similar. (Although still in a different league). PES is like a religion to those who seem to worship it...yet Konami have totally ballsed the last two up. FIFA 09 is a shade shy of the best PES games (like PES 3,6 - imo) but what it slightly lacks on the park it more than makes up for it with sheer effort and fan service on EA's behalf. Konami's effort seems paltry in comparison.

Shame, as I always want PES to come out on top. Looks like that may not be the case this year.

I downloaded the demo last night and boy it sucks...I am a big fan but if never seems to get going...

I've played them again and you're right, lol. I'm definitely buying Fifa.

I'm glad I got FIFA this year. I hope this makes Konami wake up and sort ProEvo out.

...off to play BAP. :heh:

I played Pro Evo demo last night. It felt like Pro Evo, so it felt familiar and comfortable compared to FIFA. But I didn't see anything new.

Played the demo a bit more on max difficulty and damn can it be hard to play against the computer but playing against a mate is sooooooo much fun. Much less of a 'cheating'/scripting/catch up logic feel and more of an OH SO CLOSE! Give me one more match! feel to it. I absolutely loved it and wanted so much more. I say don't right this game off for fifa just yet. May have to get both....

I played this at work for an hour today.

...I'm real glad I got FIFA.

Okay, so someone tell me whats better this of fifa and why. The pro evo demo impressed me more in the gameplay department but the be a pro mode is tempting; is the legend thing on Pro Evo pretty much the same, control one player?!?!

Any help would be appreciated :)

Okay, so someone tell me whats better this of fifa and why. The pro evo demo impressed me more in the gameplay department but the be a pro mode is tempting; is the legend thing on Pro Evo pretty much the same, control one player?!?!

Any help would be appreciated :)

All depends what your looking for. I have only played the demo and I not impressed so not gonna bother getting the released game.

I dont think it has improved over the PS2 versions. Passing still seems too scripted for me. You have no control and 99% of the time it seems be aimed perfectly with the right weight behind it.

why when you pressure a player the player your using sometimes decides to randomly do a slide tackle. Why the hell is the CPU doing automatic slide tackles without me pressing a button. Have no idea why Konami put this in the game.

Animations are horrible and are worse then the the PS2 games.

I find FIFA is more simulation and gives me more control of what I want to do.

BAL is like BAP yes. BAL allows you to play for 15 seasons I think while BAP is only 4 seasons.

Check this review

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/pes_2009/review.html

Argh!!I really don't know what to do. I keep changing my mind. The thing is, the main thing I want is updated squads and teams etc so surely Fifa will offer more (I've heard that loads of deadline day transfers aren't even in the game!!); but I don't think the game will be as much fun as Pro Evo Wii...... hmmm, I may pick up fifa ps3 then!!!

Argh!!I really don't know what to do. I keep changing my mind. The thing is, the main thing I want is updated squads and teams etc so surely Fifa will offer more (I've heard that loads of deadline day transfers aren't even in the game!!); but I don't think the game will be as much fun as Pro Evo Wii...... hmmm, I may pick up fifa ps3 then!!!

I heard Konami are gonna do an update soon with the transfers. remember you will be able to use uploaded option files from the web on the PS3 version.

Can you not maybe rent both games and see how you find them both?

I'd personally get FIFA, as I already have. Having no allegiance to any football game franchises previously, I found the FIFA demo much much more fun to play than the PES one.

I'd also like to note that since buying it, I've played the game every single day I've been with my Xbox; it's just that good. :bowdown:

Having played PES 2009 solid for the past couple of days on the PC I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say FIFA 09 is my favourite.

Both games have facets that work better than the other yet FIFA just edges it for me.

Be a Legend is great on PES but FIFA's Be a Pro mode feels more immersive (with the leagues/liscenced teams/players making a large difference). The added free-flowing nature of FIFA 09 makes it seem a lot more realistic whereas the arcade-like feel of PES (with pasess never going astray, the ball never bobbling about randomly and the goalkeepers never putting a foot wrong in certain situations) means that FIFA's "uncertainty" makes it a more realistic outing.

The manager mode in FIFA is actually 'still' enjoyable and the once great Master League in PES is actually becoming tiresomely familiar. The online modes of FIFA trounce the PES equivalents too.

Finally, the animation of FIFA is much better than PES 09's. Don't get me wrong, both are great yet the FIFA animation feels more realistic (with only the knock on touch feeling artificially unrealistic). Compare this with the PES 09 basic running animation - which makes players look like they are running the 100 metres with giant strides - and FIFA has finally pipped one of Konami's biggest strengths.

If I was to score them I'd give FIFA 90% and PES 80%. (Seems to appease people!)