NEurope
Daft

Pro Evo 2009

I hope there were other elements behind that judgement and not just the cover player. :)

I'll probably get PES over Fifa, anyone know what the licenced teams are this year?

lol, I was just kidding but couldn't be bothered to make it obvious. :heh:

I'll probably stick with ProEvo but if they don't do something radical for the next game, FIFA will look the more likely.

They lost the licensing for La Liga. *slow clap*

And they only have Man U and Liverpool in the EPL. *slow clap*

lol, I was just kidding but couldn't be bothered to make it obvious. :heh:

I'll probably stick with ProEvo but if they don't do something radical for the next game, FIFA will look the more likely.

They lost the licensing for La Liga. *slow clap*

And they only have Man U and Liverpool in the EPL. *slow clap*

That is fuckin ridiculous....

The PS3 version will have an advantage then. I'm guessing that two days after release someone will put a save game with accurate names/emblems for every team/player on the internet.

The PS3 version will have an advantage then. I'm guessing that two days after release someone will put a save game with accurate names/emblems for every team/player on the internet.

That is by far the most annoying thing about the prequel on the 360 for me. I want to use the hard drive space for something!

Amen to that. That's what I did with 2008.

I'm not to fussed about the name of the teams being wrong because I'll happily spent 20 minutes editting the Premier League. It was in the last game when the kit design was limited, and the stupid camera to create the club badge thing was a joke.

If the online isn't lag free in this one, I may actually just sell it after a week and go buy Fifa. They've had two chances to sort it out.

I'll stici with ProEvo for two reasons.

1. It is the game of choice at work.

2. Part of the reason ProEvo is so fun is because of the bizarre crap that happens in it. Like seen a player get red carded for basically standing (even in the replay there was no one around him) and the strangest/funniest one was when a player got stuck in the goal net and so even if the team scored they got ruled off side. :heh: I've also seen players frozen in the middle of the pitch and balls actually going through the keeper's chest (which is annoying when it happens to you).

I know what you mean about the random stuff. PES 6 this is.

I was running to get a ball down at the corner flag and it bounced up off the floor high landed on my players head then bounced 3 times on his head. Fell to the floor and I crossed it then scored.

Also I love it when it hits the crossbar and doesn't even touch the bar. There was a noticeable inch gap between the ball and the crossbar and it bounced away.

See those random things are ok for the wii version where it is more casual and arcadey but it winds me up in more realistic setting. I played the FIFA 09 demo and love it...

I know what you mean about the random stuff. PES 6 this is.

I was running to get a ball down at the corner flag and it bounced up off the floor high landed on my players head then bounced 3 times on his head. Fell to the floor and I crossed it then scored.

Also I love it when it hits the crossbar and doesn't even touch the bar. There was a noticeable inch gap between the ball and the crossbar and it bounced away.

Ahhh that reminds me of the 'force' that was present in the goal keepers. They could touch the ball with the power of the force, when their hands were nowhere near the ball. Especially potent during times of free kicks.

Basically gonna stick with pro as a mate has already pre-ordered it for me for my birthday.

10 vs 10 online be a pro mode and the Adidas live information has sold me on FIFA 09. That and the incredible demo. As much as I've always been a HUGE PES fan, last year was truly devastating (apart from Wii!) and this years FIFA plays beautifully with more control/visual options than previous.

It's a great time to be a footy fan :)

10 vs 10 online be a pro mode and the Adidas live information has sold me on FIFA 09. That and the incredible demo. As much as I've always been a HUGE PES fan, last year was truly devastating (apart from Wii!) and this years FIFA plays beautifully with more control/visual options than previous.

Played the demo...and the controls pissed me off. I know I can change them, and I did, but they still pissed me off so pes for now, even though I abhored the PS and PC versions. If my free 09 version isn't up to scratch, then I will give fifa a go.

Just played the Fifa demo....

It takes a while to get used to and the ball is still a bit too floaty for my liking but I'm almost sold. It'll be Fifa this time probably. I've been with ProEvo since 4 but I've had enough of the crap.

It takes a while to get used to and the ball is still a bit too floaty for my liking but I'm almost sold. It'll be Fifa this time probably. I've been with ProEvo since 4 but I've had enough of the crap.

Same. The new Fifa looks a lot better with the Adidas Live thing and an online mode which will actually work.

Anyone got an idea when a demo for this will be coming out?

Champions League license

- 4 year deal with UEFA

- 12 of 32 teams are licensed

- some more (but not all!!!) are unlicensed. No German teams at all.

-> you can't play the real 08/09 season

- random groups, no seeding is done

-> groups of death with Inter and Barca in one group possible

- you only get official logos, music, opening ceremony

What a waste, its pathetic!!

Agreed with both posts. Been a long time PES player but I'm moving to the dark side now!

Champions League license

- 4 year deal with UEFA

- 12 of 32 teams are licensed

- some more (but not all!!!) are unlicensed. No German teams at all.

-> you can't play the real 08/09 season

- random groups, no seeding is done

-> groups of death with Inter and Barca in one group possible

- you only get official logos, music, opening ceremony

What a waste, its pathetic!!

Better than a kick in the bollocks.

Demo out on Thursday (not sure about PS3, though).

5-minute match

Liverpool, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Italy and France.

Okay so been playing the PES 2009 demo. Better than PES 2008 and it is good they slowed it down and you gave to pass more. But it does not feel that much different, not enough new animations and more like PES 2008.5.

GK's are still pretty rubbish. They still parry the ball straight out way too much. The sound when you kick the ball is terrible. The crowd sound horrible also. The game is still too automatic, passing is so easy. Just press a button and it goes to my players feet. Still feels like the CPU is doing most of the work. Why are my defender doing slide tackles without me pressing the button?

oh and why have konami included the auto feints. It is annoying and looks silly when my defenders are doing it for no good reason. Running animations are awful..

Animations on a whole are poor. players still feel robotic compared to FIFA. This is not bad and it is better than PES 2008 but EA have raised the bar with FIFA 09. FIFA 09 is the much better game.

Cant see myself buying PES 2009 so that two years in a row I have not bought a Winning Eleven game on PS2/360. 3 years ago I never thought this would happen.

Okay so been playing the PES 2009 demo. Better than PES 2008 and it is good they slowed it down and you gave to pass more. But it does not feel that much different, not enough new animations and more like PES 2008.5.

GK's are still pretty rubbish. They still parry the ball straight out way too much. The sound when you kick the ball is terrible. The crowd sound horrible also. The game is still too automatic, passing is so easy. Just press a button and it goes to my players feet. Still feels like the CPU is doing most of the work. Why are my defender doing slide tackles without me pressing the button?

oh and why have konami included the auto feints. It is annoying and looks silly when my defenders are doing it for no good reason. Running animations are awful..

Animations on a whole are poor. players still feel robotic compared to FIFA. This is not bad and it is better than PES 2008 but EA have raised the bar with FIFA 09. FIFA 09 is the much better game.

Cant see myself buying PES 2009 so that two years in a row I have not bought a Winning Eleven game on PS2/360. 3 years ago I never thought this would happen.

.....Sadly, i conform with a lot of this. Still somewhat enjoyed the demo, but man it felt almost no different. Nothing in it screamed NEW! and I really got a feeling of meh. Even the new 'Legends' mode isn't actually new at all. It was a mode you could play is ISS 2000 for god's sake, albeit with a different name and no online option. I KNEW they would do this. For ages I have been complaining about how they have taken stuff out, only to pump it back in at a later date and make it seem as if it's the next best thing. Can't get fifa yet until I have got PES and seen if it's really a let down.

ProEvo is what we play at work so I got FIFA for home. I'm tempted to bring it into work and try and make that the game of choice if the new ProEvo doesn't cut it because I'm loving FIFA even though there are a few minor things in ProEvo that I miss having.