NEurope
killthenet

George Carlin Died

Awwww, big hugs darling.

Thank you babe!

Now look: The issue here is that people are different, and different things have a relative amount of importance to individuals. While we have to respect that some people might not be particularly moved by the death of a genius, those people have to respect that other people are particularly moved.

The "prominent people" basically equates to "The people who I define as important" and again that's subjective, but insensitive as it effectively negates those whom you ignore or just haven't registered on your mental radar.

I am not saying any of this to be argumentative, there are two sides to these debates and it's important to see both. And as I said before, I usually find you a funny and insightful member Bluey, but on this occasion what you said was upsetting. Not from a popularity stand point but basically because you seemed to be saying "If it's not important to me, it shouldn't be to you" but maybe this is me misinterpreting your words...

Back on topic here, did anyone see the "7"? Oh man... I think I broke my bottom laughing the first time.

I was waiting to see your post on this thread. lol

I went the "post your thoughts and don't make a mess" way. :heh:

Death is overrated. Or rather, the value of human life is overrated.

I always love your posts in threads related to death, their so cheerful.

Since Carlin is dead. Does anyone know any good stand up comedians I may not have heard of? I cant think of many comedians that i like that are still funny or alive! David Cross, Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran are pretty much the only ones :shakehead

Since Carlin is dead. Does anyone know any good stand up comedians I may not have heard of? I cant think of many comedians that i like that are still funny or alive! David Cross, Bill Bailey, Dylan Moran are pretty much the only ones :shakehead

Steven Wright is easily one of the funniest deadpan comedians in the world.