NEurope
Kav

Tiger Woods PGA Tour '09

Woohoo - just came 10th in my 2nd tourney in Career Mode I'm getting better. Also won my 1st online game today so my record is 1-2.

Loving the game and the putting is sweet - those folks whinging about it don't know what they are talking about.

Woohoo - just came 10th in my 2nd tourney in Career Mode I'm getting better. Also won my 1st online game today so my record is 1-2.

Loving the game and the putting is sweet - those folks whinging about it don't know what they are talking about.

I came in first on my second tourney :p Just kidding :D It was weird because In my first tourney I got completely blown out an ended up around 20th :cry: but for the second tourney I decided to lay off and play it safe on a lot of holes and somehow stayed in the hunt until the end which resulted in 2 sudden death playoffs :eek: Thank goodness Mario was able to pull a star get out of his @ss and eek out the win :yay:

Anyhow, I'm loving the game as well and hope to go online just as soon as I get my character stats built up a bit more.

I've yet to come anywhere near the top 10 in a tounrment and I'm yet to win online. I need to improve my own character though. His drives are currently good but both his approach play and putting stats need improving. Approach play is pretty much vital to winning. (And luck/spin!)

Solid, but really rewarding is how I would describe this. When you sink under par or nail a huge putt, you really feel an incredible rush. Nice. And possibly the first time I've felt this rush is so prominent in a golf game.

Bumpage.

Finally picked this up today , playing only the third tourney of my career and have already stumbled across a potentially game breaking bug.

Played 1st round of the tourney , saved the game and went back to it later , next thing I know the 2nd round has mysteriously been played and I am sitting at 73 under par. WTF.

Had a brief look on EAs forums and it seems someone else experienced similar so I wonder if this is a common problem , and has anyone on here had the same problem. If so , it makes the career aspect virtually useless and I fear a refund may be in order.

I should have known that trusting EA not to screw up was a mistake , unless you lot have any possible solutions.

Bumpage.

Finally picked this up today , playing only the third tourney of my career and have already stumbled across a potentially game breaking bug.

Played 1st round of the tourney , saved the game and went back to it later , next thing I know the 2nd round has mysteriously been played and I am sitting at 73 under par. WTF.

Had a brief look on EAs forums and it seems someone else experienced similar so I wonder if this is a common problem , and has anyone on here had the same problem. If so , it makes the career aspect virtually useless and I fear a refund may be in order.

I should have known that trusting EA not to screw up was a mistake , unless you lot have any possible solutions.

That is just insane! But the game is amazing don't you agree?

That is just insane! But the game is amazing don't you agree?

Before that happened , I thought the game was pretty solid , apart from some putting issues which I am getting accustomed to.

What made me laugh even more , when the thing glitched , all the CPU opponents were on 87 under par , it's like EA wanted to specifically prove that the series' well renowned 'rubbber-band' AI is still present. ;)

Strange thing through , I don't know what I did exactly , but I re-booted the file again and the mystery round had disappeared so I was able to play it eventually , just as well I hadn't deleted my profile like I nearly did.

Putting is really easy - just be gentle! My whole house has no problems with it at all.

I keep getting destroyed on the PGA tour - although my characters stats are badly in need of work!

Just recently won the Highlands Tourney, which was nice! Had come between 4th and 10th in earlier ones. I don't have time for 4 rounds, so I cut it down to just one and although it impacts on your stats, I still have managed to get by on 50's and 60's.

The one thing about online that I haven't sussed is how to change your golfer from the default Tiger, because every time I point at the arrow it just says "waiting for opponent" and then gets on with the game. I don't mind playing as him when everyone else is picking Super Tiger but I'd like to know how to choose my profile golfer at least.

Putting is most people's issue but if you've played Mario Golf or Pangya before then the system is not too dissimilar. Guage the power first from the beams coming towards you or going away and then the side slope before the preview and then you have a better chance of getting closer to a put by having less to adjust "blind." The easy pins are dead easy after a while, it's just the hard ones on a steep sloping part of the green which cause the most problems. Just don't swing back with your arm, use your wrist to set the power and then swing through with a solid movement to avoid having to reset.

As myself and Cookyman said in our massive discussion review, (HERE) the whole game needs a patient outlook. Play the game slowly, thinking about your shots and your going to do a whole lot better than you would if you rushed through.

Just like real golf then.

Putting has definitely got easier for me after my initial issues. I may still get the occasional putt where the power drops suddenly just before the shot but it is less frequent.

I am on medium difficulty , standard swing controls , and almost at the end of my amateur season having won 6 tourneys so far (perhaps I need to up those settings).

My profile golfer is gradually getting built up and I have managed to nick a couple of wins online against players using Tiger (although I have also been annihilated a few times) but I do try to stick to only playing those that use their profile guys , and damn there are some really solid profile players out there. Soon as my player is built up fully then I may try to square up to Tiger players more often.

Online is actually really solid , apart from the occasions where there are some opponents you just can't seem to connect against.

And Sugercube - if you haven't already sussed it , to select your profile golfer just hit left or right on the d-pad to cycle through the players.

And Sugercube - if you haven't already sussed it , to select your profile golfer just hit left or right on the d-pad to cycle through the players.

Yeah, thanks Pigmasher :heh: I managed to try that last night. Just seems unnatural when you have to point at the screen to start the game anyway! I'm convinced there are players out there that must be playing this 24/7 because they seem to land on every green and get below par every time. Still can't work out how to get over 100% every time or swing right for a sub 60% approach but it's still great fun.