NEurope
Kav

Tiger Woods PGA Tour '09

IGN have a preview on the game... and it certainly sounds good this time round!

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/882/882148p1.html

We've got some great news to report, though. EA has gone back do the drawing board with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 for Wii and the end result is a game of golf that feels both much more tailored to the Big N's platform and more polished than it ever has before. You will notice this newfound presentational finesse from the moment the game boots complete with a new interface overhauled with pointer-ready menus, and even better, enhanced in-game graphics. And when you pick up the remote to drive the ball, you're going to see Tiger's swing move at a one-to-one ratio with your own -- finally.

In terms of modes and features, Woods 09 for Wii is evenly matched with the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions. In fact, we might give the edge to the Wii build because of its ambitious party mode, which we'll detail momentarily. By the numbers, 09 features all the gameplay modes you'd expect, from an instant play now option to a ridiculously robust career entry that includes both a full-blown PGA Tour in addition to the FedEx Cup and Tiger Challenges.

Nice!

The game sounds icnredible, like they really nailed it. Can't wait. Definitely going to get this, and as a result I may not bother picking up We Love Golf - if they released it earlier I would have easily picked it up, but the delays have meant nadda from me now

I want this and We Love golf for completly different reasons, so I'm probably gonna get both.

I was looking forward to We love golf but after reading about this having better controls and seeing it in motion (nice). I'm deffo getting this I've held off getting a TW game on the Wii as there was no online - this one has 4 player (sweet!).

Might have to think about giving the series another chance.

TW '07 was pretty bad and I never bothered with '08 , but it seems that EA have finally got around to putting some effort into this.

I just hope they overhaul the level up/progression because the other thing that has killed the series for quite a few years (not just on Wii) has been just how easy the thing has become. Even after adjusting the difficulty levels and removing any form of caddie assistance , shooting scores in the low fifties becomes extremely boring very quickly.

Excelent news. I've been waiting for the good Tuger Woods game to come out. I hope it's this one finally. If it turns out not to be, I'll wait for '10.

The PigMarcher, of course '07 was bad.... what the hell did you expect?? It was the first one. '08 improved very little, kept PS2 graphics and the likes. Not worthy either. '09 appears to be the first one to be worth it. I'm still not sold, of course, only time will tell. Reviews from many many sources. Because I don't want to buy a Tiger game every fucking year, I won't be part of that bandwagon, thank you. I want one and only one. So it has to be good.

...I don't want to buy a Tiger game every fucking year, I won't be part of that bandwagon, thank you. I want one and only one. So it has to be good.

My sentiments exactly! Hope this one will be it!

Check out this weeks IGN podcast for this. Better than We Love Golf! apparently. Who would of thought it? Certainly not me anyway.

It looks pretty fun.

I loved the Sand Trap video i found on Gametrailers (lazy to link it), how the hell did he do that? :D

I was going to wait for motion plus in next years outing but in typical EA fashion, you just know that motion plus will take another 2/3 years to be fine tuned too. (Hopefully not but EA seem to be masters at this.)

This outing feels like the "final" tuning that the Wiimote (on its own) needed. And therefore it looks like it is a brilliant title :D

I have to say I find it weird that people are saying last year's TW swing mechanics were bad, I found them great and many of my friends (that actually play golf) thought the same. The only problem I found is that if I even touched the control options everything would get fucked up, asides from that most things worked really good. This one looks way better though, so I'm looking forward.

Does anyone know if this is 480p this year? Otherwise it'll look even worse than usual on a HDTV, not sure if it made the blurry text problem worse last year.

Just got the game today. So far I'm not really into it yet (then again, it is my first tiger woods game). Graphically it all looks kind of mediocre. Could've easily been done on GC, the enviroments are kind of dark as well (hard to see where the fairway stops & the rough starts).

Well, i only did like 1 game so far, so i guess i'd have to give it another shot.

Nice videos Boomstick.

Shame that media player seems so slow for me!

That Mario is awesome *claps*

Q: Does it run in 480p?

Nice videos Boomstick.

Shame that media player seems so slow for me!

That Mario is awesome *claps*

Q: Does it run in 480p?

Edit: Couldn't find anywhere on the Box,manual or in game if it does 480p:confused: I played it on my HDTV and the game is brighter but it has some jaggies and what looks like som anti-aliasing issues(could be wrong about that)

Think I might have to get this game tomorrow - you vids have persuaded me Boomstick!

No proper licensed songs :o

It looks awesome I agree. May dig deep and get it.

No proper licensed songs :o

It looks awesome I agree. May dig deep and get it.

Cool, I'll play you online then!

Anyone who buys this today, give us some first impressions! I'll pick it up next week when I get paid.

One thing I realised that's good about these sports games on Wii. Since they can fine tune and enhance the controls a lot each year, it's not so much of a case of it being "the same game each year" like with EA sports games on the other systems.

That being said now that we know Motion Plus is coming I don't think I'll be buying any sports games until it does!