NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

What games should be remade?

I know that remakes aren't exactly the most original thing to do. However, there's some classic games out there that would benifit from remakes, such as games that haven't aged well. So, in your opinion, what games need remaking and why?

I'd say one game that could do with a remake is Deus Ex. It's my all time favourite game, but it's really not aging well at all. It'd be brilliant to see it with current-gen graphics and special effects. Also, some of the voice acting could do with an overhaul, though I'd still say most of it still holds up really well!

Also, I really like what the development team behind the Half-Life remake, Black Mesa, are doing.

Is Black Mesa ever going to come out? It was announced like 4 years ago...

As for a remake? I'd love to see a remake or a new Soul Reaver game. Love those...

Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark. As long as they've done right.

Also Geist needs remaking. It was a great concept, just pulled off very badly. It could be amazing in the hands of good developers.

Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark. As long as they've done right.

Also Geist needs remaking. It was a great concept, just pulled off very badly. It could be amazing in the hands of good developers.

This, Goldeneye, any ResiEvil and Theme Hospital (yeah I liked it, so what). All Wii of course.

Apart from Geist and theme hospital (never played them) I certainly agree with all of the above. Especially Deus Ex.

They should make a sequel to Theme Hospital!

But remakes, hmmm, Zeus:Master of Olympus (addictive! AND Greek), Soul Calibur (apparently it's awesome, i'd like to see why and how it can be improved, if it can), LoZ: OoT (so my eyes won't bleed when i play it!), FF7-8 (same reason as OoT), WarCraft 1-2, Chrono Trigger. I'll think up some more . . .

For me It would be Geist, Shining, Wisdom and the Shining Force games (on the DS)

Zelda: AoL, Jet Set Radio for PS3 & Wii and RE2 in using the ReMake engine

Resi 2 & 3 in REmake style.

Legend of Zelda [NES] Zelda: AOL [NES] in early WW style:

For me that's the perfect remake style for Links 2D Sprite NES adventures!

I would love to see Resident Evil 2 + 3 on DS and Wii (but the Wii version would have to be how they did Resi Evil remake) and Power Stone on Wii. That would be awesome!

Resi 2 & 3 in REmake style.

Legend of Zelda [NES] Zelda: AOL [NES] in is artwork style:

fc388o.png

fc_zelda1_front.jpg

For me that's the perfect remake style for Links 2D Sprite NES adventures!

fixed it for you. :)

"Pretty much every good game that is over a generation old could do with a remake." I think that will be the general consensus of this thread.

Personally though it would have to be Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy 7/9. Of course they wouldn't be straight forward graphical updates. Their worlds would be expanded upon, dialogue would be improved, more content would be added, gameplay would be perfected and fully orchestrated soundtracks would be produced for these remakes.

"Pretty much every good game that is over a generation old could do with a remake." I think that will be the general consensus of this thread.

Personally though it would have to be Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy 7/9. Of course they wouldn't be straight forward graphical updates. Their worlds would be expanded upon, dialogue would be improved, more content would be added, gameplay would be perfected and fully orchestrated soundtracks would be produced for these remakes.

Pretty much what i was just about to say.

fixed it for you. :)
Yeh, of course the characters would look like the official artwork.

I'm talking about wanting to see them done in a 2D looking cel shaded style.

Deus Ex. Seeing as it's considered one of the best games ever made, and that it's barely playable by todays standards, they could do with fixing the shooting elements, giving it a ginormous graphical overhaul and rerecording the dialogue.

Also; I really would not mind a remake of Chrono Cross (not Trigger...that game is perfect the way it is) with fully orchestrated music, FF13 quality graphics and actually brining the fucking game over to Europe.

Actually, screw that, I just want a direct sequel to Chrono Trigger. More than anything in the world.

FF7-9 will be remade or at the very least ported.FF 1 & 2 have been re-released 3 times, FF3-6 will be 3 as well and SE know fine well that the fans will lap up anything with the FF badge on it.

I suppose the only matter is when, the PS3 still has quite a life in it and so does the Wii so I suppose we could see FF7 on one of them before their lifespan ends.

Jedi Knight Dark Forces, they were so awesome, now it's unplayable.

FF7-9 will be remade or at the very least ported.FF 1 & 2 have been re-released 3 times, FF3-6 will be 3 as well and SE know fine well that the fans will lap up anything with the FF badge on it.

I suppose the only matter is when, the PS3 still has quite a life in it and so does the Wii so I suppose we could see FF7 on one of them before their lifespan ends.

I think FF7 remake will be on NDS myself.

Doubt it be on DS, wouldn't really be much of a remake, tbh. Fans expect orgasmic graphics for FF7 remake and SquareEnix knows this.

Still say Body Harvest should be remade.

Doubt it be on DS, wouldn't really be much of a remake, tbh. Fans expect orgasmic graphics for FF7 remake and SquareEnix knows this.

Still say Body Harvest should be remade.

SquareEnix put PE3 on mobile phone and DQ9 on DS Domstercool, it wont : surprise me if carry on remaking FF games for the DS.

FFVII is a must.

I'd love to see some new Dizzy games though.. not re-makes, just new ones, just official ports, just Dizzy, in a bath tub, naked.

I think FF7 remake will be on NDS myself.

Considering the majority of Final Fantasy 7's horrible fanbase are rabid Playstation fanboys I doubt the game would be 'remade' on the DS.

Sign in to follow this