NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

He really is shit. Well done Martin, £5mil well spent.

Oh do be quiet.

We're still in a good position to qualify. We've got 2 crucial away goals, and I reckon the home match next week will be a good battle. With Villa coming out as winners. :)

Intertoto Cup is such a joke.

They're stopping it after this tournament.

I think that the clubs apply to just go straight into the UEFA Cup from next season.

He really is shit. Well done martin, £5mil well spent.

As a Newcastle fan, you have no right to talk about spending money on shit players.

As a Newcastle fan, you have no right to talk about spending money on shit players.

Name and shame please

Name and shame please

Nicky Butt. Hmm another cast off from man utd.

Supreme enough said.

Smudge is fucking amazing, Bramble would have been a better example.

Oh good lord Bramble! Anyone remember when he got turned like a doughnut by Patrick Kluivert in the champions league many seasons ago. I laughed till I cried. Good times.

1419758078_l.jpg

Unfortunately Boumsong has proven himself to be alright now and again both with Juventus and Lyon.

Boumsong

I win

Do you know where Boumsong has been since Newcastle?

On 22 August 2006 Boumsong joined the recently Serie B relegated Juventus for a fee of €4.8 million (£3.26 million), with future incentives promised to Newcastle relating to Juventus' future performance. In September 2006 Boumsong scored his first Juventus goal in a game against Crotone where Juventus won 3-0. Valeri Bojinov scored the other two goals.

On January 24, 2008, Boumsong moved to French club Olympique Lyonnais on a three-and-a-half year contract.[4] Boumsong has stated he made this move in order to increase his chances to make Raymond Domenech's EURO 2008 squad.[5] In Boumsoug's final match with Juventus, he scored a key equaliser in their Coppa Italia match against rivals Inter on 23 January 2008.

Not too shabby

I have no idea how good he is at Lyon, but he was shit at Juventus even in Serie B. Besides you paid what 9 million for him and sold him for 3. How about Steven Carr then.

I have no idea how good he is at Lyon, but he was shit at Juventus even in Serie B. Besides you paid what 9 million for him and sold him for 3. How about Steven Carr then.

It was 8 mill of Souness's kitty, so that nulifies the deal.

Stephen Carr was pretty outstanding until his knee problems. Both Manchester Utd and Newcastle were intrested in his signature. His performance was poor at Newcastle.

Celtic have signed a permanent deal for Georgis Samaras from Man City, good impact player for us last year, helping us to 3 in a row, glad we got him for less than the original 3 million quoted when we got him on loan because he can be very frustrating at times as any Man City fan will surely confirm :)

We've also signed a deal for 16 year old Matty Hughes from Rochdale, and I don't have a clue about him except that Liverpool were supposedly tracking him as well ;)

Woah I missed this while on holiday. How much did we end up paying for him and how long is his contract?

supposedly around a million on a 3 year (I think) contract

So we got Brad Friedel AND qualified for the UEFA Cup. It's been a good day.

Except for Wilfred Bouma's injury. Christ, I could hear him screaming! :shakehead

Barry played today, which means that he's no longer eligible to play in the Champions League. That increases the chance of him staying.

Come off it, he is crap. And a dirty traitorous scum bag.

This Alan Smith though is an absolute legend.

alan20smithae1.jpg

So we got Brad Friedel AND qualified for the UEFA Cup. It's been a good day.

Except for Wilfred Bouma's injury. Christ, I could hear him screaming! :shakehead

Barry played today, which means that he's no longer eligible to play in the Champions League. That increases the chance of him staying.

Brad Friedal is good? No American in the history of the sport has ever been decent.

Brad Friedal is good? No American in the history of the sport has ever been decent.

Ah, Chuck. So naive.

Then again, you are a Geordie. :indeed:

You obviously aint seen him last season at Blackburn then mate.

You obviously aint seen him last season at Blackburn then mate.

C'mon man. There is a truck load of talent in Europe. He wouldnt scratch top 50, so, less than decent.

No way, Friedal is a very, very decent keeper. I rate him pretty highly. He's very consistant as well, and didn't he hold some sort of record for the most successive games by a player? He played something like 2 seasons straight without missing a game, but I might be off the mark with that one.

Fat Frank holds that record I think, but Friedel might have some other kind of record.

Friedel is a quality player, but he's 37. Is he going to have more than a couple of decent season left in him? If not, a million quid a season seems pretty steep to me.

Also, Alan Smith is crap.

Edit: Lampard holds the record for outfield apps.