NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Once again who? :wtf:

I've heard from a mate of mine who supports Rochdale that he's pretty good.

ah the close season full of rumours, I enjoy it, but will be glad when it's all over :)

supposedly Celtic are really interested in signing the Russian striker Roman Pavyluchenko, this rumour started months ago though and after his performances in the Euros I'd think he's probably out of our price range at the moment, although I'd love to have him at the club :)

The rumours circulating around Arsenal are ridiculous, in particular that of Hleb and Adebayor. I don't think either player will leave IMO...even if they do, we won't be letting them go away for cheap. Can't wait for the Nasri transfer to be finally complete.

Keep forgetting we've signed Aaron Ramsey as well!

EDIT: Just as I typed this, I read this http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3795129,00.html

sigh...the story continues........what is it with foreign clubs and their stupid approach to the transfer market??

Hleb can piss off. He has absolutely no end product and has openly stated he wants to go.

Adebayor on the other hand I would prefer if he stayed, but I don't care if he leaves. No player is bigger than the club, how ever good their previous season was. His first touch is still poor and he misses more than he scores. A fit Eduardo and a fit Van Persie can do just the job.

Hleb can piss off. He has absolutely no end product and has openly stated he wants to go.

Adebayor on the other hand I would prefer if he stayed, but I don't care if he leaves. No player is bigger than the club, how ever good their previous season was. His first touch is still poor and he misses more than he scores. A fit Eduardo and a fit Van Persie can do just the job.

Word to your mama. Van Persie is a far, far better player than Ade.

Word to your mama. Van Persie is a far, far better player than Ade.

If he can stay fit that is...:heh:

If he can stay fit that is...:heh:

I think an unfit Van Persie is probably just as effective as Ade.

Hell, even Eduardo with his wooden leg would give him a run for his money.

I'm gutted that we have missed out on signing Kevin Phillips, it shows that we are moving in the right direction by trying to sign players of his quality.

He decided to join Birmingham because he didn't want to uproot his family.

Any Celtic fans have an opinion on Derek Riordan? We are being pretty heavily linked to him at the minute and I wondered if he'd be a decent signing for a Championship side like us?

Yeah he probably would. He came to us and Strachen never really gave him a chance to get into the first team, but he was great for Hibs and I can see him doing really well in the Championship.

Any Celtic fans have an opinion on Derek Riordan? We are being pretty heavily linked to him at the minute and I wondered if he'd be a decent signing for a Championship side like us?

Great player, Strachan just screwed him over for some reason. He was amazing for Hibs, got 20+ goals 2 seasons in a row I think? He'll do well in the Championship which will hopefully get his international career of the ground too.

I'm pretty happy that we've got Steve Sidwell. He is a good player and I look forward to seeing him playing next season.

In other news; Sepp Blatter, being a twat as usual. :nono:

Great player, Strachan just screwed him over for some reason. He was amazing for Hibs, got 20+ goals 2 seasons in a row I think? He'll do well in the Championship which will hopefully get his international career of the ground too.

Strachan didn't screw him over, he's screwed himself, all the stories I've heard on various Celtic fan sites are that he's more interested in his social life than his football life.

Good luck to him if he goes, he hasn't done anything at Celtic when he has been given a starting spot so can't say I'd miss him, just dissapointed that he's wasted his obvious football talent.

FINALLY!!

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_3805050,00.html

Well, this really does pave the way for Hleb to move, but if the guy is going to moan about life in the capital and how it effects him then he may aswell leave. I just hope what he said about Wenger and Fabregas isn't true, otherwise that is pretty low.

Could be worse, Nike could give you an away kit the colour of your rivals..

Ha ha, that's so true... although I do have one

FINALLY!!

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_3805050,00.html

Well, this really does pave the way for Hleb to move, but if the guy is going to moan about life in the capital and how it effects him then he may aswell leave. I just hope what he said about Wenger and Fabregas isn't true, otherwise that is pretty low.

Ha ha, that's so true... although I do have one

Great that we finally signed Nasri. Seems to have said all the right things in his interview too.

And I too bought one of those shirts, because I'm a tit and buy them all. :(

We've had blue and white away kits for years. This one is no different.

But the source of inspiration for this one is what makes me feel dirty. Still want one :heh:

Cantona for assistant manager! *prays*

That would be the sex :yay:

Queiroz takes Portugal job

I'm going to miss him, a lot. He has done some great work for the club, and I'll welcome him back anytime.

As for his replacement, I have no idea. I trust United to get it right, though. They're not a club who'll just appoint anybody.

Great that we finally signed Nasri. Seems to have said all the right things in his interview too.

And I too bought one of those shirts, because I'm a tit and buy them all. :(

Yep, I'm exactly the same, infact, this year has been the first time in years that I haven't bought the new kit on the release day (and it would be a totally different story if I had a job :( ).

Can't wait to see the guy in action!

The Carlos Queiroz thing is certainly a bit of news. I have a friend who was 100% convinced that he would be the next in line as Man Utds boss. Not that it's still out of the question, but the chances of that have taken a hit!

Yep, I'm exactly the same, infact, this year has been the first time in years that I haven't bought the new kit on the release day (and it would be a totally different story if I had a job :( ).

Can't wait to see the guy in action!

The Carlos Queiroz thing is certainly a bit of news. I have a friend who was 100% convinced that he would be the next in line as Man Utds boss. Not that it's still out of the question, but the chances of that have taken a hit!

I would still love him to become manager one day, as I don't really expect him to stay at the Portugal job forever.

Hmm, choosing the next United manager is an impossible task. Nobody can ever hope to surpass all that Fergie has done. The person who gets the job is going to have to be good. And I mean, Earth-shatteringly Good.

Got to remember all the links Queiroz had. Links in Portugal and Brazil. We wouldn't of had Ronaldo, Nani or Anderson without him. I wonder how his departure will unsettle these players, if it will.