NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Yeah, but you got loadsamoney! Barry's our most valuable asset and we're not going to let him go for cheap.

No no no..... The americans are fucking us over at the minute, were having to sell to buy. Which leads me to John Arne Riise. I really really liked the guy and im gutted to see him go. But that money will now be used to buy Barry so its not all bad.

The Americans may be fucking you over...

But a larger fanbase than Villa + Champions League football every season =

loadsamoneyzf7.jpg

Liverpool are one of the richest clubs in Europe, aren't they? There was something about it a couple of months ago.

You'll cough up the cash for Barry. Just see. :wink:

Liverpool are one of the richest clubs in Europe, aren't they

Im not so sure now... 2 years ago we were the 8th richest club in europe. But now we have had alot of debt put on us (or will be having soon) with a 400 million odd loan for the new stadium.

Huh what do ya know, a quick google search turns up this:

Liverpool's value has increased the most compared to last year's figures, rising by more than 130 per cent since the ill-fated takeover by American investors Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

This has seen them leap up seven places from the 11th spot they occupied in 2007.

The other English clubs included are Chelsea in eighth; Tottenham Hotspur in 12th; Newcastle United in 16th; and Everton, West Ham United Manchester City and Aston Villa make up the spots between 21st and 24th.

Full Forbes list of 25 richest football clubs:

1- Manchester United

2- Real Madrid

3- Arsenal

4- Liverpool

5- Bayern Munich

6- AC Milan

7- Barcelona

8- Chelsea

9- Juventus

10- Schalke 04

11- AS Roma

12- Tottenham Hotspur

13- Olympique Lyonnais

14- Inter Milan

15- Borussia Dortmund

16- Newcastle United

17- Hamburg SV

18- Werder Bremen

19- Valencia

20- Celtic

21- Everton

22- West Ham United

23- Manchester City

24- Aston Villa

25- Olympique Marseille

that list only counts income as far as I know, I don't think many of the EPL clubs make that much of a profit despite the huge amount of TV money

Also Liverpool have to spend £30 million a year in interest payments for the loan Hicks and Gillette took out to buy the club. There cant be much profit left after that payment has been made.

I know Arsenal are the only top four club that are actually paying off their debts. Which we've only got because of the stadium, given a few years we'll have it paid off.

Chelsea are in the shit if Abramovich moves, and Man Utd could be in deep trouble soon.

You'll cough up the cash for Barry. Just see. :wink:

Not sure I want Barry at the 20 millionish asking price. He's a good player and I rate him, but its just too much and just shows how any decent English player can basically be ransomed. I'd rather keep Xabi Alonso because it seems we'd be selling him in order to get Barry.

Chelsea actually technically have no debt.

Yes they do, Abramovich loans Chelsea the money. He isn't solely paying for it. So technically the club owes him quite a sum.

Apparently Man Utd are only making just enough money to pay the interest on the loans the Glazers took out to buy the club, so it doesn't look like they'll be out of debt anytime soon. And if the Glazers leave, they'll be in deep deep trouble.

Yes they do, Abramovich loans Chelsea the money. He isn't solely paying for it. So technically the club owes him quite a sum.

yes but its an interest free loan and they don't have to pay it back until he leaves, which he doesn't appear to have any intention of doing so. And when he leaves they have 18 months to negotiate a repayment plan before they have to start paying it back. Abramovich leaving would not be the major fuck up that United missing out on the champions league for example would bring about.

So...what do other Man United fans (and other football fans for that matter) think of the possibility of Ronaldo leaving?

To be perfectly honest, with all the news and hype that has been surrounding this, he's already gone in my mind. Whether he stays next season or whether he ups and leaves, to me he seems to have already signaled that he doesn't want to be at our club. There seems to be a lot of talk in the press and other media, and imo the news doesn't give birth to itself, it must have come from somewhere.

The reason I admire players like Ryan Giggs or Steven Gerrard is because they are the image of passion for their clubs. They have had countless opportunities to go to different teams, and could have grabbed their bags and left if they had wanted to. But they haven't. They have stayed right where they were, because of love for their team. I thought Ronaldo was going to do the same, as he had already won the hearts of fans worldwide, especially those at the club that had made him a superstar, but it looks like we're going to be proved wrong.

So...what do other Man United fans (and other football fans for that matter) think of the possibility of Ronaldo leaving?

To be perfectly honest, with all the news and hype that has been surrounding this, he's already gone in my mind. Whether he stays next season or whether he ups and leaves, to me he seems to have already signaled that he doesn't want to be at our club. There seems to be a lot of talk in the press and other media, and imo the news doesn't give birth to itself, it must have come from somewhere.

The reason I admire players like Ryan Giggs or Steven Gerrard is because they are the image of passion for their clubs. They have had countless opportunities to go to different teams, and could have grabbed their bags and left if they had wanted to. But they haven't. They have stayed right where they were, because of love for their team. I thought Ronaldo was going to do the same, as he had already won the hearts of fans worldwide, especially those at the club that had made him a superstar, but it looks like we're going to be proved wrong.

Yeah. I have already accepted that he is leaving. Hurts really, but it's not like he hasn't achieved almost all he can achieve at our club (save defending our championship status). Also, players do have a right to seek out new clubs and try out different styles of football.

It will be sad to see him go, but I wont begrudge him because he effectively won us the champions league and premiership in a similar fashion to when steven gerrard did the same with the champions league.

To be honest im a bit suprised hes leaving now considering he went through all the trouble of fighting through all the hate he got after the Rooney and Wink incident.

Still cant stand the guy though so you wont hear me complaining if he does leave.

The whole thing about Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Man U is similar to the whole Gareth Barry thing to me, but the Ronaldo saga is definitely on a much larger scale because of Ronaldo, Man U & Real Madrid's fame.

I reckon Ronaldo will go. He's already won everything at Man Utd, maybe Real Madrid is a chance for him to win more trophies. And he may fancy a new challenge because of the difference in style of play between the Premier League and La Liga.

The whole thing about Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Man U is similar to the whole Gareth Barry thing to me, but the Ronaldo saga is definitely on a much larger scale because of Ronaldo, Man U & Real Madrid's fame.

I reckon Ronaldo will go. He's already won everything at Man Utd, maybe Real Madrid is a chance for him to win more trophies. And he may fancy a new challenge because of the difference in style of play between the Premier League and La Liga.

That's effectively what i said :blank:

Well not really, because Barry said within about 30 seconds of the season finishing that he wanted to play in the champions league next season. Ronaldo on the other hand hasn't said anything other than cryptic bullshit that the press then proceed to wank over. eg " I like playing in white." "It is my dream to play for Real Madrid one day, but dreams don't always come true."

As for whether he'll actually go I think we'll be subjected to months of it, mostly recycled garbage sports journalists really are the worst journalists in the world. Then he'll sign a new contract with United in August. Then it will all start up again in January and he will still stay. Then it will kick off again next April and he will finally sign for Madrid next August. Meanwhile everyone will have gouged their eyes out to avoid reading anymore about it.

Yes, Barry has said he would like to play Champions League football, but he didn't really say it until he got back from playing in the England squad. That was a few weeks after the season ended.

The truth is, the only people who care about whether Barry will move are Villa and Liverpool. But everybody knows who Cristiano Ronaldo is, ooh, they all want to know if he's going to go or not. He makes the Premier League great etc. :indeed:

No one player is bigger than united, Not Ronaldo in the same way that happen with Beckham and Van Nistelrooy. Ronaldo wanting to go just shows total disrespect not not only the united fans but to Sir Alex and Carlos as well. I know that I anyday would rather have a team of Rooneys than a team of Ronaldos.

All these foreign owners and giving loans etc... Pompey's man Gadaymak doesn't work like that, no loaning the money and him walking away and asking for it back like roman and the glazers could do..if he wants his money back, he will have to sell up...

No one player is bigger than united, Not Ronaldo in the same way that happen with Beckham and Van Nistelrooy. Ronaldo wanting to go just shows total disrespect not not only the united fans but to Sir Alex and Carlos as well. I know that I anyday would rather have a team of Rooneys than a team of Ronaldos.

A team of Rooneys.. dear god, it would be Shrek 4 in the making. ;)

Someone should come up with "The Fugly 11" a list of the ugliest footballers in history... let's see...

Back 4:

* * Martin Keown *

Middle 4:

* Steven Gerrard Peter Beardsley James Milner

Forwards

* Wayne Rooney

Well... that's a start.