NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

well it was stupid from Man Utd leaving Gary Neville up against John Carew, that was just asking for a cross to be put into the box

Oh shit, Manu 2-1 down - could they really lose 3 in a row?

Jesus fucking Christ. We've forgetten how to play football. We're poor defensively, our midfield is over-run and we have very little attacking wise.

Cmon lets get a late winner like Liverpool did yesterday!

Edit: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by dwarf

it ended 3-2 :(

was listening to it on the radio and laughed when I heard that when it was 2-1 some man u fans left the ground

Edited by the_villa

Federico fucking Macheda!

Jesus Christ was that nervy, Apart from the 99 Champions League final I don't think I've ever cheered two United goals so exuberantly!

Jammy United. :angry:

:cry:

Yeah, cause Liverpool didn't score in injury time to win yesterday...

:heh: :wink:

Wasn't jammy though. :heh:

United have proved all throughout the years of the Premiership that they are the flukiest team of all.

United have proved all throughout the years of the Premiership that they are the flukiest team of all.

ditto that

Wasn't jammy though. :heh:

How was United's winner jammy though? I'll agree that it's a bit harsh on Villa cause they played well but both the equaliser and especially Macheda's winner were very good finishes. It's not like they took lucky deflections or anything.

It's the games you win where maybe a draw would be a fairer result that means the difference between first and second.

I'm with Ine in Belgium, and she can vouch that I had a face like a smacked arse when we went 2-1 down.

But, with Ronaldo getting the second, I had a feeling we were going to score again. We had a barbecue for dinner, so I had to turn the game off, right before injury time.

I shouted YEEES when Ronaldo got the second, and Ine's Mum was inches away and looked scared, haha.

Just came on here and seen the score, and the scorer, and I just punched the air and let out a YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I haven't calmed down yet. :D

That goal in stoppage time has left me feeling really gutted this evening :(

Liverpool have been brilliant lately and only got what we deserved yesterday in the end.. it is frustrating that Man United managed to scrape a victory today under the circumstances (though I felt it was gonna happen :hmm:)

The reason today tastes so bad is because without that late goal, I feel that the title race may finally have swung in Liverpool's favour as the momentum is with us and United would have been feeling really low from more points dropped. As it is, I feel this will give Manchester United the lift they need to see them over the line, regardless of how well Liverpool perform for the rest of the season.. the goal today feels that important :hmm:

000c.jpg

Well, that's how I feel. I would have settled for a draw but when we went 2-1 up I seriously felt we could win it.

But, Man Utd be Man Utd and get all three points. And Ronaldo be Ronaldo and be a cunt.

If I ever met Cristiano Ronaldo, I'd piss on my own hands then shake his hands and wipe my hands all over him.

We must get back to winning ways. Bring on Everton!

Haven't posted this weekend, was absolutely cream crackered once I got home from Arsenal yesterday that I went straight to bed. Great return for Adebayor, a big improvement on what he was like earlier this year. He was hungry for the ball. Fabregas and Walcott also had good returns. Good solid performance all round.

Also went to the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final with my cousin, he wanted to go and kept hinting so I agreed to go to keep him quiet. Really odd watching a game where you have no interest in who wins or loses and the football quality isn't all that. Having no love for Luton made it really difficult to get into. But the result made a few of my friends happy, so I'm pleased for them.

What an emotional rollercoaster. I had to work today so only had the game on the radio. But damn the different emotions I went through during that match was unreal.

Great battle to the end. Needed win and hopefully the win we need to lift the team after 2 bad defeats. Got players coming back from injury and suspensions now too so all is good. My only worry is champs league and FA cup coming up. But we have the strength and depth to push for all 3.

Gonna be a tight finish in the prem but as long as we can keep ahead until our game in hand im sure we wont slip up. COME ON!

I haven't calmed down yet. :D
Good night for you and the misses tonight then!

Can't believe United always manage to do it! Lucky bastards!

Thats got to be one of the best games of the season and what an introduction to the premiership for Federico Macheda, great goal. I was so happy when he got the winner!

Good night for you and the misses tonight then!

Can't believe United always manage to do it! Lucky bastards!

Oh, I've been in a great mood ever since. The female has been happy, haha.

The goal was stunning, but if anything, that game as a whole shows two things:

1. Without Rio AND Vidic, we were heavily exposed. There were two many occasions where we were exposed, and Villa could have left this game with all three points. Had they made more of their chances, they could easily have put 6 past us. We can afford to miss either Vidic or Rio, as young Evans can fill in. But, we were awful without both. Gary Neville in centre-defence? What a way to give me a heartache.

2. We did create a lot of chances, especially after going 2-1 down. Even more so when the game was bought back to 2-2. There's still great spirit in the team, and it was that spirit which allowed us to not roll over and die. We were the same in the game against Fulham. We had so many chances to bring the game back to 1-1, but we didn't take them. Therefore, Fulham were able to go up the field and grab that second which killed the game.

Brad Friedal had a great game again (my favourite keeper in the league), so he's unlucky to be on the losing side.

So, Porto tonight:Having Vidic, Rooney and Scholes back tonight is a huge boost. We were lacking a bit upfront against Villa, so having Rooney back should sort that out, somewhat. The biggest boost for me is having Vidic back. Both him and Evans in defence need to have strong games tonight.

I'm going to predict a 2-0 victory for Manchester United. Two from Ronaldo, in the first half. There will be an onslaught from Porto, but we'll stand firm.

Champions League approaches! The Chelsea game tomorrow is nervy as ever. Honestly not a clue what'll happen, if we come away with a score draw at Anfield I'll be happy, though. I do feel that if we can beat Liverpool in both games we might just have a shot at the whole thing, but my gut instinct is telling me it's going to go to ET and Pens..!