NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Well needed win by united. Shame first goal was the penalty that never was but to be honest a goal was coming, we were all over Bolton, I think we would have gone on to win anyway. But I don't mind if the decisions come our way.

Just got to build on that and make sure we win our game in hand and we're be right back in the mix.

LOLZ @ spurs. Bye Bye Ramos.

Yeah, to be fair, I thought our situation was a lot worse than it actually worse. The result against Newcastle was a duff one, and losing against Liverpool away was pretty shitty. But, we still beat Pompey away (which isn't easy to do) and got a point against Chelsea away (which is sometimes a point more than we've received in recent seasons). So, maybe the scales are now balanced?

I'm more pleased to see the good performance, and especially the goal from Rooney. I definitely think he has it in him, and will silence his critics, if he is given the right opportunities. He is a team player, but he wants to score goals, too.

I'm pretty sorry for Spurs, but I feel less sorry for them since Ramos appeared on the scene. I was a big fan of Martin Jol as their manager, and imo, the team played better football with him around.

Just got a ticket for our match against the spuds which is foolishly on a wednesday night. ¬_¬

Ramos doesn't have a clue atm - does he expect Pavylachenko to score goals with little to no support from anyone? With Jenas now reluctant to make darting runs down the middle (when he's at his best) Pavy' is pretty much isolated up there. Very frustrating to be a Spurs supporter atm.

Great win by Man United. Rooney looked pretty fucking awesome tonight, as did Rafael Da Silva. Shit, he looks like he's been playing with us for a lot longer than he has been. Nani gave a pretty decent performance I thought, but he needs to retain the ball better and raise his standards slightly. Some of his crosses were top notch, and he needs to maintain that.

I was very, very pleased to see Berbatov grab his double tonight. First goal was a huge defensive cock-up, but the second was pure class. His beautiful through-ball to Ronaldo should have allowed us to go 4-0 up, and he really seemed to look a lot more relaxed and play more like we expect him to play.

I'm worried about our injury list, though. Seeing Rooney, Scholes AND Da Silva go off with injuries...its a bit shit, tbh.

What a fucking joke. Worst league start in 90 odd years now. Hull were awful, and we had 30+ shots and still couldn't score. Bye, bye Ramos.

Chelsea were just fantastic today, really impressive! Me = happy!

DIRK KUYT! Go on my son!

What a result for the Pool. I feared the worst at half time, but we turned it around admirably. :grin:

Pretty pissed off that City couldn't keep a lead against the 'Pool, but I don't think the sending off helped.

Still, it shows that they definitely have frailties. And, every team in this league is beatable.

I'm pretty chuffed with our result yesterday against Blackburn Rovers. I was also pretty pleased with Rooney once again getting himself on the scoresheet. Give him the ball, and he can score. Very dangerous player.

Am I too late to bring up all the old quotes from before the season started about spurs going top 4? Someone already done that? :(

Im a spurs fan, but I was never buying into the hysteria about the team. Bad times lately :( Things seemed to be clicking alot better last night, we definately look more dangerous with lennon on the pitch. I dunno, the season will turn around eventually right? :)

I can't believe there's someone keeping us off the bottom of the league, thanks Spurs!

From today's BBC Gossip page:

Spurs would have to pay Ramos £15m if they sack him from his £5m-a year contract, which has three years left to run. (Daily Express)

Martin Jol, the man Ramos replaced at White Hart Lane, led Hamburg back to the top of the Bundesliga on Sunday after a 2-1 win at Energie Cottbus. (Various)

Favourite to take over at WHL is Roy Keane, would be nice for the mackems to be thrown into a bit of turmoil before derby day.

UEFA Cup draw

Group A

Schalke04, Alemanha

PSG, França

Manchester City, Inglaterra

Racing Santander, Espanha

Twente, Holanda

Group B

Benfica, Portugal

Olympiacos, Grécia

Galatasaray, Turquia

Hertha Berlim, Alemanha

Metalist Kharkiv, Ucrânia

Group C

Sevilha, Espanha

Estugarda, Alemanha

Sampdoria, Itália

Partizan, Sérvia

Standard Liege, Bélgica

Group D

Tottenham, Inglaterra

Spartak Moscovo, Rússia

Udinese, Itália

Dinámo Zagreb, Croácia

Group E

AC Milan, Itália

Heerenveen, Holanda

Sp. Braga, Portugal

Potrsmouth, Inglaterra

Wolfsburgo, Alemanha

Group F

Hamburgo, Alemanha

Ajax, Holanda

Slavia Praga, Rep. Chea

Aston Villa, Inglaterra

MSK Zilina, Eslováquia

Group G

Valencia, Espanha

Brugge, Bélgica

Rosenborg, Noruega

FC Copenhaga,

Saint-Etienne, França

NEC Nijmegen, Holanda

Group H

CSKA Moscovo, Rússia

Deportivo Corunha, Espanha

Feyenoord, Holanda

Nancy, França

Lech Poznan, Polónia

Some interesting groups

I can't believe there's someone keeping us off the bottom of the league, thanks Spurs!

From today's BBC Gossip page:

Spurs would have to pay Ramos £15m if they sack him from his £5m-a year contract, which has three years left to run. (Daily Express)

Martin Jol, the man Ramos replaced at White Hart Lane, led Hamburg back to the top of the Bundesliga on Sunday after a 2-1 win at Energie Cottbus. (Various)

Favourite to take over at WHL is Roy Keane, would be nice for the mackems to be thrown into a bit of turmoil before derby day.

Haha, I'd love to know who comes up with these "rumours" or "favourites for the next job."

Of course, it makes perfect business sense for Roy Keane to leave a club, where he has been given a huge budget for spending, which allowed him to bring in 9/10 players over the summer, which also includes an excellent chairman and backroom staff, a very healthy and expanding squad, in favour of a move to Tottenham: A club which has ousted their last manager over a small run of defeats and poor results (faith in your manager, much?), a club which is now in turmoil over ANOTHER set of bad results and poor defeats, little communication between the backroom staff, manager and players, and a club which has offloaded not one, not two, but three strikers over the course of however many months. Not just your leading strikeforce, but also your third choice striker.

There would be absolutely nothing to gain for Roy to leave, and I don't think he's leaving Sunderland anytime yet. So, I'm afraid you Geordies will just have to try harder. ;) If you're going to make a stupid rumour like that, at least make it plausible in some way, shape or form.

Also, go on the Pompey. Hope they give AC a good game.

Haha, I'd love to know who comes up with these "rumours" or "favourites for the next job."

Uh, I didn't post it as a 'rumour', I said he was favourite for the job - which he was according to bookies at the time of my post, possibly because of him recently saying "I've got a soft spot for Tottenham ... the way they play football and the attacking players they've got"

Sunderland are in a better position than Spurs are, certainly, but if he keeps slagging off the fans and they keep giving them shit then who knows, wouldn't be the first time he's taken his ball and gone home (I'm looking at you World Cup 2002) :wink:

Got myself a ticket for the match against Man Utd today, could only find one, which didn't please my brother. Better hope I can find one on the ticket exchange.

Uh, I didn't post it as a 'rumour', I said he was favourite for the job - which he was according to bookies at the time of my post, possibly because of him recently saying "I've got a soft spot for Tottenham ... the way they play football and the attacking players they've got"

Sunderland are in a better position than Spurs are, certainly, but if he keeps slagging off the fans and they keep giving them shit then who knows, wouldn't be the first time he's taken his ball and gone home (I'm looking at you World Cup 2002) :wink:

As if the bookies get it right all of the time. Hardly the best source, and because he admired the way Spurs played?! He's a young manager, and he sets out his Sunderland team in a certain way, so of course he's going to look at other teams and the way they play. He'd be a fool if he only kept eyes on his team.

And, Sunderland fans are not as fickle as Newcastle fans. They might be having a slanging match now, but he definitely has the respect of the fans. He bought them up from an awful position in the Championship to securing their status in the Premier League, and he has added to the squad along the way. They're going to lose games, because they are still improving, and will have bad games. But, I doubt his position is under any kind of threat, and I don't picture him walking away at this stage.

Sacking Jov was a mistake, I really liked him. He rarely bullshitted, and rarely made excuses. I remember people calling for his head, where are those same people calling for ramos' head now?

I won't call for his head just yet, but he's making bigger mistakes when it comes to our squad than Jov ever did. There's also a reason why Keane and Berbatov wanted out of this club, and I think we're starting to see why...

Sacking Jov was a mistake, I really liked him. He rarely bullshitted, and rarely made excuses. I remember people calling for his head, where are those same people calling for ramos' head now?

I won't call for his head just yet, but he's making bigger mistakes when it comes to our squad than Jov ever did. There's also a reason why Keane and Berbatov wanted out of this club, and I think we're starting to see why...

I liked Jol, pretty much for the same reason. He was realistic too, and I think the squad just played better football under him. He wanted them to be a top 6, and if possible, top 4 club, and they almost broke through. Since then, especially since losing him, they've gone backwards.

Keane and Berbatov wanted bigger clubs with bigger ambitions, like Champions League football. In their current state, Spurs just cannot offer them that.

So we've made Paul Lambert our new manager, he didnt exactly do a great job at Wycombe. Really no idea what to make of it.

Respect to Martin Jol, he was treated disgracefully by the Spurs board.

I'm a Gooner, but even so, seeing Spurs bottom isn't as deliciously filling as i thought it would be. Underneath all the rivalry i actually quite like a few of their players, and will no doubt start winning soon enough. Just hopefully after our game at the Emirates!

So we've made Paul Lambert our new manager, he didnt exactly do a great job at Wycombe. Really no idea what to make of it.

Well its not as if Colchester are in a great position as it is, and with any luck they might get the boost clubs tend to get when a new man comes in. Quite like Colchester as a club, so hopefully you guys can get back in the Championship sooner rather than later.

Respect to Martin Jol, he was treated disgracefully by the Spurs board.

I'm a Gooner, but even so, seeing Spurs bottom isn't as deliciously filling as i thought it would be. Underneath all the rivalry i actually quite like a few of their players, and will no doubt start winning soon enough. Just hopefully after our game at the Emirates!

Er... what.

He said seeing Tottenham Hotspurs at the bottom of the league didn't feel as good as he thought it would be :)

He said seeing Tottenham Hotspurs at the bottom of the league didn't feel as good as he thought it would be :)

Aren't we the comedian..

Tottenham being bottom is everything that I expected it to be, fan-fucking-tastic. Especially considering how the deluded swamp dwellers get into their pre-season hype of finish above us..