NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

This whole Ronaldo thing is really pissing me off now.

I've not got a problem if he wants to go. He won us 2 premierships and a champions league. Pat on the back on your way mate. We would all love to play for the team we support just like he does.

What annoys me is the way Ronaldo is handling it all (or not). No real statements just rumours galore. And old blatter can shut up too.

To be fair Blatter has always hated the English game, it's easy to hate the best. However his comments were not at all necessary.

I agree, Sir Platty.

To be honest, he's already gone, in my mind. If he stays, then he stays. If he goes, then I don't really care. He's a great player, but there will always be a better player who will come along and set a new standard. It's always been happening at United, and it's the club where everyone should want to be. If he doesn't want to be here, then let him go. I only want people who want to play for my team to stay at the club.

Continuing the Ronaldo saga.

Pele tells Ron to stay put

Brazilian legend hits back at "slavery" Blatter comments

Pele has joined in the Cristiano Ronaldo transfer saga debate by insisting the Portugal international should see out his contract with Manchester United.

The Brazil legend believes the 23-year-old, who is wanted by Real Madrid, should honour his contract and then decide on a move away if he wants.

He also suggested that Sepp Blatter's view relating "modern slavery" to the way United are not letting Ronaldo go and tying him down with a long-term contract is well wide of the mark.

Speaking ahead of a charity football match at Stoke's Britannia Stadium in aid of the Gordon Banks Foundation, Pele said: "You are a slave if you work without a contract or you don't get paid.

"If you have a contract then in any job you have to finish the contract.

"I think that when he finishes his contract, then he should be free to go wherever he wants to go."

--------------------------------

Pele has joined in the Cristiano Ronaldo transfer saga debate by insisting the Portugal international should see out his contract with Manchester United.

The Brazil legend believes the 23-year-old, who is wanted by Real Madrid, should honour his contract and then decide on a move away if he wants.

He also suggested that Sepp Blatter's view relating "modern slavery" to the way United are not letting Ronaldo go and tying him down with a long-term contract is well wide of the mark.

Speaking ahead of a charity football match at Stoke's Britannia Stadium in aid of the Gordon Banks Foundation, Pele said: "You are a slave if you work without a contract or you don't get paid.

"I think that when he finishes his contract, then he should be free to go wherever he wants to go."

He's absolutely right.

Slavery? Haha, if slavery involves you playing for one of the most popular teams in the world, playing in an exciting league, playing with huge stars, traveling to Europe by playing in the Champions League and all the while getting paid around a hundred grand a week...then fucking count me in. Slavery has never been this good.

Why bother signing a four or five year contract if you have no intention of staying for that time?

Was gonna post this...if the worlds greatest player ever gives you advice, no matter how great you may think you out or how arrogant you have become...

Pele would do such a better job than Blatter as FIFA president.

Ronaldo should piss off. He is probably the best player on the planet but his whole love affair with Real Madrid has just made me lose respect for him.

Why are footballers such idiots most of the time? They are so so stupid.

hoping the spurs get off to a better start this season :'(

So, someone gonna set up a fantasy league for us yet? :)http://fantasy.premierleague.com

bump. if no ones done it in a few days, i'll set one up. It's normally quite popular. Noodleman usually does it, is he still alive? :(

I can set up a league if nodoby else wants to run it. Bit busy at work at the moment though. I'll do it this evening.

Celtic have signed a permanent deal for Georgis Samaras from Man City, good impact player for us last year, helping us to 3 in a row, glad we got him for less than the original 3 million quoted when we got him on loan because he can be very frustrating at times as any Man City fan will surely confirm :)

We've also signed a deal for 16 year old Matty Hughes from Rochdale, and I don't have a clue about him except that Liverpool were supposedly tracking him as well ;)

Can't believe Wayne Bridge signed a new contract at Chelsea...I don't understand football players sometimes (most of the time actually).

Must enjoy warming the bench and collecting his fat pay packet rather than actually playing football.

Well he did get to play quite often last year and maybe Phil prefers him to Cashley.

Can't believe Wayne Bridge signed a new contract at Chelsea...I don't understand football players sometimes (most of the time actually).

Must enjoy warming the bench and collecting his fat pay packet rather than actually playing football.

To be honest I would quite happily sit on Chelsea's bench for 60 grand a week, hell I'd do it for 5.

To be honest I would quite happily sit on Chelsea's bench for 60 grand a week, hell I'd do it for 5.

I'm not talking about you though am I?:heh::smile:

Manchester United in double standards shocker....

iverpool and Manchester United have been reported to the Premier League by Tottenham Hotspur following their respective interest in Robbie Keane and Dimitar Berbatov.

Spurs are unhappy with the conduct of their top-flight rivals following speculation linking Keane with a move to Anfield, and Berbatov with a switch to Old Trafford.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez has expressed his interest in Keane, while United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken of his optimism of concluding a deal for Berbatov.

However, Spurs have criticised the two clubs, with chairman Daniel Levy feeling they have to take the matter up with the Premier League.

Sheer arrogance

"Today's public comments by Manchester United's manager, announcing that he has made an offer for Dimitar and is confident that the deal will go through with time working in their favour, is a blatant example of sheer arrogance and interference with one of our players," said Levy in a statement on the club's official website.

"It is also probably one of the worst offences by any manager in the Premier League to date and is unbelievably hypocritical given his recent comments in respect of Cristiano Ronaldo and Real Madrid.

"This comes after a series of events, dating back to last summer, which have shown Manchester United to be in breach of Premier League (PL) rules. As a result, we have today made an official complaint to the PL about the conduct of Manchester United.

"Benitez made similar comments in respect of Robbie recently and we made an official complaint to the PL about the conduct of Liverpool earlier this week.

"The behaviour of both clubs has been disgraceful. We told both clubs very early on that we had no interest in selling Robbie or Dimitar, respectively, and that they should refrain from pursuing the player. Both clubs arrogantly chose to ignore this request and we now have evidence that both clubs have systematically been working to prise the players away from us, outside of PL rules of conduct.

Negative influence

"Our subsequent position has been severely compromised by both clubs making their intentions widely known and indeed making contact with the players and their agents, without the club's permission.

"I have absolutely no wish to sell either player and to date we have not accepted any offer for either. However, when a player's head is turned and their commitment is absent, particularly when they occupy key positions such as that of striker, they become a negative influence in a team dressing room in which they were once a positive addition and influence.

"This is the situation we now have on our hands, with both Dimitar and Robbie having made it clear that they wish to leave for Manchester Utd and Liverpool respectively.

"Irrespective of the outcome and futures of Robbie and Dimitar, we are continuing to seek to bring in quality, talented players for the future, who want to play in a Spurs shirt."

from skysports

I was pretty shocked by Fergies interview when I saw it earlier. Given his feelings about how Real Madrid have conducted themselves it blatant hypocrisy.

Have United actually made an offer for Berbatov (like it says in the article) though? If they have then surely telling the press such an offer has been made isn't against any rules and nothing like the Madrid/Ronaldo saga?

I'm gutted that both Berbatov and Keane have said they want to leave. I expected Berbatov to want to leave to play in the Champions League but Robbie Keane said about 2 months ago he wanted to finish his career at Spurs. I've had enough of football. I might just give it up.

Have United actually made an offer for Berbatov (like it says in the article) though? If they have then surely telling the press such an offer has been made isn't against any rules and nothing like the Madrid/Ronaldo saga?

Apparently so. £25mil personally if Berba comes I don't wanna see him picked over Rooney/Tevez.

Basically Fergie said that United had made an offer and he was confident that they would sign him. Yet Spurs say the complete opposite and have reported them to the premier league.

Basically Fergie said that United had made an offer and he was confident that they would sign him. Yet Spurs say the complete opposite and have reported them to FIFA the FA.

"to date we have not accepted any offer for either."

This to me says that an offer has been made, surely if no offer had been made then it would have said that rather than no offer has been accepted?!

Obviously I'm not saying that United are innocent in their transfer dealings, hell just last year they were going on about Hargreaves, however in this instance I can't really see much wrong and for Levy to describe it as "probably one of the worst offences by any manager in the Premier League to date" is going just a tad over the top :heh:

...for Levy to describe it as "probably one of the worst offences by any manager in the Premier League to date" is going just a tad over the top :heh:

Yeah, Fergie has done far worse than this before.

So is Mr Levy now going to report Harry Redknapp and Portsmouth to the premier League, after all I just saw an interview where Harry admitted he was interested in signing Kaboul, clearly trying to unsettle the player there...

Summer signing Steve Sidwell then made an inauspicious contribution after 25 minutes as he directed Atle Haland's left-wing cross past Stuart Taylor for an own goal.

He really is shit. Well done martin, £5mil well spent.