NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Martin O'neill doesn't sign good keepers, trust me, I know :)

^

I'll take gmac's advice, Gizmo just makes me want to be less thick. :blank:

My post is a demonstration of O'Neils track record for goalies.

Rab Douglas and Magnus Hedman, both so clanger prone they got dropped for a 19y/o.

Who then inherited their habbit too and got sold to Norwich by Strachan.

Fair enough, I see your point. :smile:

Although I thought Scott Carson was good for us. Shame we can't keep him for good, stupid Liverpool. :nono:

How much were we asking for him again?

£10m I think it was. I actually think he's worth every penny considering how inflated the English transfer market is at the moment. He's a young goalkeeper with at least another 10 years left in him. He's a bargain at that price.

Reports coming left, right and center that united are on the verge of signing Huntelaar. 4 year contract in the region of 16-17 million pounds.

Reports coming left, right and center that united are on the verge of signing Huntelaar. 4 year contract in the region of 16-17 million pounds.

If true that's a fantastic singing for Man U, as well as they did last season I still thought they needed an out-and-out striker to add another dimension to their attack. Also bloody cheap really, 16-17M for one the best upcoming strikers and hes only 24!

In other news, I really hope Liverpool finish up the Barry signing quickly, the whole saga's getting a bit tiring now. Can't see us signing anyone else this season really, would've loved a good right-winger like Silva or Quaresma.........maybe next year :heh: .

I hope Man United don't get Jan Huntelaar, I'm a huge fan of the dude and I believe he could replicate what he does for Ajax outside of Holland.

It would be great for Man Utd but I'd hate to see it happen. I know Arsenal were reportedly monitoring the situation with him and Ajax (besides, with this whole stupid Adebayor saga... one can hope :heh: )

Some pearls from the BBC gossip column

A wealthy construction company run by the family of terrorist Osama bin Laden has emerged as a front-runner to buy Newcastle United. (Mail on Sunday)

Sam Allardyce could return to management with Spanish side Real Mallorca if former Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd is successful with a takeover bid. (The People)

Sam Allardyce fears Joey Barton could become suicidal if Newcastle sack him. (News of the World)

"AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani says Chelsea have made an "astronomical" bid for Brazilian Kaka."

I'd love to see Kaka play in the Premiership. Would be a great signing for Chelsea.

And according to the BBC Gossip column Huntelaar (who you can buy on Footie Manager 2008 with the January update for around £14m and is a great signing) might be going to Arsenal for £18m...

Peter Hill Wood's comments suggest that Hleb will be leaving us...not too bothered really...he's a good player but does not score enough for me.

He also says he want to keep Ade, but if we can get £30 million from him, I really think we should sell!

Well looks like Crouch has all but signed for Pompey...We are building such a great squad...what a strike force Crouch and Defoe could be. Now all we need perhaps a quick winger (SWP been linked) and I think we will be very strong...Perhaps another defender, young as replacement for Sol...surely this year is his last year.

The new Villa kits have been revealed, and they are awesome:

villahometb9.jpg

villaawayte3.jpg

I'm definitely buying the home shirt this season. The away kit is nice though, it's different to what we usually have as an away kit.

Home kit looks good! That reminds...I have to get the new Arsenal home shirt as well! I will get one on August 5th, as thats also members day, a free opportunity to watch the first team train. Will most likely get Fabregas on the back, or maybe Van Persie.

the new pompey home kit is terrible its not been officially unveiled but seen pictures of it and its yuk, blue and gold to celebrate the clubs 110th birthday but it looks like shit.

Villa away shirt looks nice.

Got the new Arsenal shirt the other day when it came out, even though it clearly doesn't have enough white on the sleeves. Got Eduardo printed on it, he's one of the least likely players to run away this summer [pun, joke what ever intended].

Enjoy members day Babooo. I've been a few times, its not bad for a free day out. But gets slightly boring watching the players run and stretch. Though they may have made it more involved now.

Enjoy members day Babooo. I've been a few times, its not bad for a free day out. But gets slightly boring watching the players run and stretch. Though they may have made it more involved now.

I know what you mean mate...but I figured I'd go anyway as I need to get my home shirt from the armoury as well. Might as well make a day of it! :smile:

Peter Hill Wood's comments suggest that Hleb will be leaving us...not too bothered really...he's a good player but does not score enough for me.

He also says he want to keep Ade, but if we can get £30 million from him, I really think we should sell!

I'd sell him for half that price. Seriously, what the fuck?! He's a good striker, and he has scored a great amount of goals for Arsenal.

BUT, he still misses a vast amount of chances. He's good, but I still don't think he would be all that without the rest of his team behind him. £20 million I could live with, but 30? Come on now.

Anybody would think he was English.

Striker Steven Gillespie has joined Colchester from Cheltenham for a club record fee of more than £400,000.

The U's had to beat off competition from the likes of Scunthorpe to secure the 24-year-old's signature.

The former Liverpool trainee was in demand after scoring 28 goals for Cheltenham and put in a transfer request last week after the Robins rejected a £400,000 bid from an unnamed League One club.

His fee more than doubles the previous outbound transfer record for Cheltenham when striker Kayode Odejayi joined Championship side Barnsley for £200,000.

Erm yay :wtf: can't say I've heard of him before but if he bangs the goals in I don't care

Lets hope he's nothing like Odejayi. He'll be quite handy if you play Chelsea at any point during the season though, hehe.

Also, you've got yourselves a decent signing in Paul Reid down at Colchester. He's a quality player in League 1 and I think he'll really shine for you.

Lets hope he's nothing like Odejayi. He'll be quite handy if you play Chelsea at any point during the season though, hehe.

Also, you've got yourselves a decent signing in Paul Reid down at Colchester. He's a quality player in League 1 and I think he'll really shine for you.

Hes a Center back isnt he, if so he cant be any worse then the shower we had last year.

Another day another signing:

Colchester United have paid an undisclosed six-figure fee for Rochdale midfielder David Perkins.

Following the club record capture of striker Steven Gillespie from Cheltenham Town, Colchester have continued their spending spree with a deal for Perkins.

The 26-year-old had spent 18 months at Rochdale after joining from Morecambe, but had a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if certain conditions were met.

He is looking forward to stepping up a division and Perkins admits there were other League One clubs interested in a deal.

"I spoke to a couple of League One clubs over the summer, but decided that Colchester were the best option for me," Perkins told Colchester's official website.

"Of course it's going to be a change for me, living down south and playing my football at this level, but it's one that I am willing to do."

Meanwhile, Dale have received a boost after Rory McArdle signed a contract extension to stay at Spotland until 2010.

Once again who? :wtf: