NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2008/2009

Fixtures for the coming season have been released, so here's the new topic.

Premier League Opening Day Fixtures

Saturday, 16 August

Arsenal v West Brom

Aston Villa v Man City

Bolton v Stoke

Chelsea v Portsmouth

Everton v Blackburn

Hull v Fulham

Man Utd v Newcastle

Middlesbrough v Tottenham

Sunderland v Liverpool

West Ham v Wigan

Club Fixtures

Premier League to League 2

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7453880.stm

Oh big suprise, we play our first game away and Arsenal are at home :heh:

Edit: Damn, Liverpool Away as the last game of the season again.

I'm really chuffed with our singings atm: Bostock, Giovani, Modric. They look like great buys.

My mate trains with Bostock. :heh:

Well done Ramar, you got there first. :heh:

Man City at home first, eh? Sounds like it'll be a tough game. Our second match is at Stoke. That's three points right there. :grin:

But then we have Liverpool. I bet £5 Gareth Barry is in Liverpool's starting XI for that match. :(

But then we have Liverpool. I bet £5 Gareth Barry is in Liverpool's starting XI for that match.

Im a Liverpool fan, and i like Barry. But hes not a £20,000,000 player. No way. £12,000,000 maybe, im not sure if we will cough up the cash for him now the Alonso deal has fallen through.

Im a Liverpool fan, and i like Barry. But hes not a £20,000,000 player. No way. £12,000,000 maybe, im not sure if we will cough up the cash for him now the Alonso deal has fallen through.

Yeah, but you got loadsamoney! Barry's our most valuable asset and we're not going to let him go for cheap.

Well done Ramar, you got there first. :heh:

heh I got up late and my brother was like "We've got West Brom at home first game of the season". My first thought was "awesome easy game", second thought was "shit, wonder if anyone made the N-E topic". :P

We've got a bitch a last month (other than potentially sending Stoke down).

2 Sat Portsmouth (A)

9 Sat Chelsea (H)

16 Sat Manchester Utd (A)

24 Sun Stoke City (H)

we have a tough start Chelsea, Man Utd and then Everton...But I'm sure our FA Cup winners will be raring to go and get there and show we are in the top half to stay!

I see we (united) have been shafted again. Away games after all champions league games. Thanks FA.

what an utter joke:

Porto have been reinstated to the UEFA Champions League despite an ongoing investigation into the alleged bribery of referees.

The Portuguese champions were told they would not be allowed to enter the 2008/09 competition earlier this month but Uefa have now confirmed they will feature.

"They will be able to take part in the competition next season," said Uefa spokesman William Gaillard.

"Any sanctions brought against them (by Uefa) will apply from the following season."

Porto were thrown out of the Champions League after being found guilty of bribing referees in two games in 2003/04.

They were also deducted six points but still won the league by a big margin.

Porto contested the decision and Uefa then overturned the suspension that was imposed by their own disciplinary body.

Uefa referred the decision back to the disciplinary body and, although the matter has not yet been resolved, Porto have been admitted back into European competition.

Oh, Manu away first game for Newcastle...The Bolton home, then Arsenal away. Easy start then.

Rangers fans are getting all pissy already about the fixture list because 3 of their first 4 games are away, also because they have to play Aberdeen away before their Champions League qualifier and because they have to travel up to Inverness on January 3rd. :shakehead

As ever, a baffling set of games for the black and whites, with all but one of our six trips to the South East over by mid December and a second Boxing Day visit to Wigan in as many years - a seventh successive 26.12 away game.

This is because teams complain every year that newcastle is too far to go the day after Christmas. But apparently it's not too far for us to go down south :indeed:

This is because teams complain every year that newcastle is too far to go the day after Christmas. But apparently it's not too far for us to go down south :indeed:

The FA cock it up every year especially with the help of Sky.

Last season Sunderland came to us for a 12 o'clock kick off on a sunday. Trains are shit enough for me on Sundays, and I only live just outside London, let alone the distance those fans were travelling.

yeah if you think they take the fans into account in this at all you're mistaken, all about the money

yeah if you think they take the fans into account in this at all you're mistaken, all about the money

So true...

I know its not in england but in euro 2008 just 7% of the tournament revenue is generated by ticket sales...I bet with the new sky deals it is a relatively similar figure here (probably larger though mind)

Can't wait for the new season to start! :)

Let's just hope we start it as well as we ended it. :D

Roma have completed the signing of Norway international John Arne Riise from Liverpool for £3.96million.

The Reds ace had been in Italy on Wednesday after being granted permission to hold transfer talks with the Serie A outfit.

The 27-year-old former Monaco man has now agreed a four-year contract with Luciano Spalletti's side and will join his new team-mates from July 1.

First choice

Riise had been first-choice at Anfield over previous years but fell out of favour under Rafa Benitez last season, leading to speculation of a possible move to Aston Villa or Newcastle.

However, it is Roma who have won the race to sign the experienced international, who has won over 70 caps for his country.

"Roma announce they have reached an agreement with Liverpool for the acquisition of the sporting rights of the player John Arne Riise with effect from July 1 2008," read a statement on the club's official website.

Liverpool splashed out £4.6million for Riise way back in 2001. He went on to make nearly 350 appearances for the Merseysiders.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3707803,00.html

I didn't expect that, to be honest. I thought he'd be staying for a bit longer, maybe until January.

Also looks like we'll be getting Steve Sidwell. He is a good player, and Martin O'Neill could bring out the best in him.

Looks like you've got Sidwell then.

It's Fantasy Football Season at the moment for Chelsea according to the press. Lol.

Glad he's gone there, we've been linked with him for ages and I don't really rate him. I've actually just put a Roma scarf on my wall cos I've just come back from Rome. One thing we can all agree on however...

n860355552_2207241_9667.jpg

Yeah, the Riise is a pity, but I'm glad he has been able to join a team like Roma where he will hopefully see some success rather than moving down to some dodgy Premier League team.

I can't believe Man U snagged Petrucci. Its not foul play but the way the poached him is still dubious. I hope he doesn't settle and moves back to Italy. :hehe:

He probably will settle fine but I can see him going back to Italy at some time. I am still holding hope that one day we will use the clause in Rossi's contract and get him back. I liked him.