NEurope
Dante

GAME's 100 Greatest Games of All-Time

No Tales of Symphonia!!!!!!!!

That's it time to join up with Brain and Pinky and take over the world methinks

Haha, I didn't even go there. I WOULD have gotten myself worked up if I held any hope for ToS making it.

i am shocked and appauled, cod 4 is a very great game, but it would strugle to get in my top 50 thats for sure

It's a pretty good list if you ask me. Most top 100 lists wind up looking like the top 100 on game rankings, everyone votes for the most criticaly acclaimed games all the time.

It seems honest, there's games on this list that are loved by a lot of people and yet would never normally feature in a top 100 list. As Wii owners i figured you lot might be able to understand that, your always harping on about how you love this, that and the other game, despite crappy ratings by the critics.

Speaking of which, how can customers have voted it number 25 when no-one bought/played it!

Simple, hardly anyone bought it when it was released. It's quite a fast mover in the used game market, bit like MGS: Twin Snakes. People buy it, complete it and sell it on for the same price they bought it for, all without Sega knowing

We need to kick start the Gamer's Seal and combat this shit.

Woohoo! Roll on the enforcement of gaming snobbery! :yay:

I could have sworn the point of that was to advise people as to which games to buy, not to thell them what they can enjoy playing?

Woohoo! Roll on the enforcement of gaming snobbery! :yay:

I could have sworn the point of that was to advise people as to which games to buy, not to thell them what they can enjoy playing?

Check your sarcasm detector. The point of the Gamer's Seal is to support developers and games which wouldn't ordinarily have any chance of being bought by the average gamer, and this list kind of proves that few people buy many games apart from the mainstream stuff.

Check your sarcasm detector. The point of the Gamer's Seal is to support developers and games which wouldn't ordinarily have any chance of being bought by the average gamer, and this list kind of proves that few people buy many games apart from the mainstream stuff.

Um, no it doesn't. All it shows is people didn't enjoy the less mainstream games, either because they never tried them or because they genuinely didn't like them.

Anyhow, there's plenty of games on that list that aren't exactly mainstream.

I'm sorry but as good as it is, the fact that Mario Kart Wii ranked as high as it did just makes this list laughable...

lol, Call of Duty 4!

and GTA 4, Halo 3 etc... for that matter!

COD4 is a great game, but absolutelly not under any circumstancis the best ever. Zelda OOT is! Shenmue being at 25 is just stupid.

Shenmue even being 25 is just amazing though. It's too think that a load of gamers even voted for it instead of other games though, but the fact people voted it is something in itself :D

Shenmue 3 dammit.

There really is a lot wrong with this list. The fact COD4 is at the top shows that a lot of the voters just pick what they like at the moment...hence GTA IV at the top, while GTA3 isn't. While there is evidence of people voting for great classics too (FFVII, OOT), there is no doubt that lots of people are still living under the hype of recent games. The problem is that opening the poll to everyone includes people with little taste or those easily persuaded by mainstream hyped titles. Really, some sort of panel of elites would probably do a better job coming up with the best quality games.

Yep, it's presented well, it's ordered correctly and every entry is indeed a videogame. To top it all, 100 is a really nice round number.

The only thing wrong with it is all the words.

Seriously though, where on earth is Wii Play?

Piss off troll. Deleting most of a post to suit your own point isn't big and it isn't clever. It's also becoming a rather irritating feature of this board :hmm:

Deleting most of a post to suit your own point isn't big and it isn't clever. It's also becoming a rather irritating feature of this board :hmm:

Haha! You made me laugh. Lighten up!

I apologise if I offended you (disappointingly easily I might add). That was not my intention. My nature on forums is often to poke fun. It's probably quite annoying to the more serious types. I retract my post.

I appologise for snapping, im just beginning to get irritated by the selective quoting. Not so much you, more in general.

At least you did it to make a joke, half the time it's done to stir up shit.

Lol, old Patch is harmless. I'm surprised you aren't up in arms complaining about Dizzy not featuring on the list!

The voter who wins our Gold Reward Card loaded with 1 Million Reward Points is... Lewis Goodall from Castle Caereinion, Wales who voted for Killzone (PS2).

"Killzone for me was the greatest game of all time because it was the first FPS I ever bought and it had the right kind of story. It was immersive, and it kept me interested as it developed. Also you could change your style of playing by changing characters at the beginning of a level which was good. Meaning at one level you could go all stealth and tactical with Luger... and the next level you could go in head first, all guns blazing with Rico. It had really good attention to detail on the weapons and the game environment. I would recommend this game to any avid FPS players."

Well since I never even touched killzone I can assume that his reasons, especially in bold or big font are false and/or could be said about any game?

Lol, old Patch is harmless. I'm surprised you aren't up in arms complaining about Dizzy not featuring on the list!

:) No Manic Miner, Finders Keepers or Head Over Heels either. Brings a tear to my wizened eye. *Sniff*