NEurope
Sanchez

WWDC '08

Yes, of course.

Also someone told me the iphone will be available on PAYG for £269 (presumably for the 8GB) although I haven't been able to confirm it yet. If I can buy PAYG and use this on 3 my interest would certainly increase.

I'm well peeved. Bought an iphone 3 weeks ago! They lowered the price KNOWING they were going to release a better and an even cheaper model a month later. Feel well conned and really disappointed as I didnt think Apple were that type of company, poor niave me.

Im sure there's a 30 day refund policy though, if so then I may cancel and start all over again! If I can.

Yes, of course.

Also someone told me the iphone will be available on PAYG for £269 (presumably for the 8GB) although I haven't been able to confirm it yet. If I can buy PAYG and use this on 3 my interest would certainly increase.

The pay as you go will still be exclusive to o2 though. You can actually do what you are saying now. Buy the phone from carphonewarehouse for £99 and just don't register it, unlock the phone at any stall or market phone place and voila, unlocked iphone for just £99 :)

I'm well peeved. Bought an iphone 3 weeks ago! They lowered the price KNOWING they were going to release a better and an even cheaper model a month later. Feel well conned and really disappointed as I didnt think Apple were that type of company, poor niave me.

Im sure there's a 30 day refund policy though, if so then I may cancel and start all over again! If I can.

The pay as you go will still be exclusive to o2 though. You can actually do what you are saying now. Buy the phone from carphonewarehouse for £99 and just don't register it, unlock the phone at any stall or market phone place and voila, unlocked iphone for just £99 :)

You should be able to return it but I think you have to pay a restocking fee.

Welcome to the world of technology. Did you not read all the stories about the new one being released? They've been about for ages.

Apple's Returns Policy:

Returns policy

Returns are subject to Apple's Sales and Refunds Policy. You have up to 14 days from the time you receive your item(s) to initiate a return. A 10% restocking fee will be assessed for opened items. Shipping fees are not refundable.

Items that cannot be returned include:

Product that is custom configured to your specification

Opened memory

Opened software*

Electronic software downloads

Engraved iPods

Software Up-to-Date Program Products (software upgrades)

Apple Gift Cards

Apple Gift Packaging (origami style gift box with ribbon and greeting card)

Apple Developer Connection Products (Membership and Technical Support)

* You may return software after rejecting the licensing terms, provided the software is not installed on a computer. However, software that contains a printed software license may not be returned if the seal or sticker on the software media packaging is broken.

Well that's obviously the reason they lowered the price, so they could get rid of all the old stock and then build up hype for a new version. A simple Google would've shown up loads of rumours about a new iPhone.

With these iPhones are they essentially sim free, like contract phones tend to be? Because I may just buy someone's discarded iPhone1 when everyone upgrades.

I have an O2 contract sim anyway (granted, its a Simplicity one). May have to wait til July to find out the answer.

You could buy someone's old iPhone, unlock it and use it on any network.

They won't come with the old contract anyways if thats what you mean.

Well what I basically meant is I always get my mom's hand me downs (as shes on contract) and normally they work with any sim but I didn't know if Apple had stopped that somehow.

Am I right in thinking this doesn't actually have GPS, its assisted GPS using 3G?

If so I can't believe they're touting this as a propper GPS device.

No, it does have GPS and Assisted-GPS, same as the N95. It uses the A-GPS to speed up the initial time it takes to get signal from the GPS satellites.

I'll be buying an iPhone if the 16GB one is a reasonable price on PAYG and it has a reasonably priced unlimited data bolt-on. Keep an eye on eBay for my N95 and iPod Touch :)

Well what I basically meant is I always get my mom's hand me downs (as shes on contract) and normally they work with any sim but I didn't know if Apple had stopped that somehow.

The iPhone is locked to 02 if that's what you mean. If it's been activated already then you can use another 02 SIM card, if not, you'll need to activate it and start a new 18 month contract.

The iPhone is locked to 02 if that's what you mean. If it's been activated already then you can use another 02 SIM card, if not, you'll need to activate it and start a new 18 month contract.

Thats fine, I have an O2 Simplicity sim so if its locked to O2 (rather than being specifically linked to a certain O2 contract) I should be fine.

Thanks