NEurope
Dante

Akihabara Stabbing

This is awful. And if Jack Thompson does so much as a single interview, Its going to take all my will power to not buy a ticket to Miami and... well you get the idea.

Every post I read of yours is about Jack Thompson. Your not funny. Shut up.

I'm not trying to be. I seriously hate the guy. And if you think every post I make is about him you must not be reading many of my posts.

Several Doujin mags were found in Kato's apartment (yesterdays killer) and apparently he said that he only had interest in "anime and the 2D world" and also that he enjoyed singing anime songs - video clip at fnn.

The media and everybody else in high places (government etc) is going to come down on anime and otaku culture like a ton of bricks. I can see this leading people to think that we who enjoy anime are a dangerous bunch of people.

They've always wanted to put restrictions on anime/doujin and it looks like they now have the perfect excuse.

Indeed.

He was a pretty good drawer though.

2008Jun09080751_3692.jpg

Waow. Just looking at some past reports like this in Japan and the general thing from them all is that they all wanted to experience killing. They all said 'anyone would do'....

I read this in the paper and I thought "What sort of animes did this nutter watch?" I'd put a bet that one of them was Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan.

I bet this bloke is rather partial of some Guro Hentai...

This is awful. And if Jack Thompson does so much as a single interview, Its going to take all my will power to not buy a ticket to Miami and... well you get the idea.

Why would Jack Thompson really care what's happening in Japan? He likes anime, doujinshi, 2D shit. What has games got to do with this subject?

Apart from Ninja Gaiden which was a coincidence anyway.

I read this in the paper and I thought "What sort of animes did this nutter watch?" I'd put a bet that one of them was Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan.

I bet this bloke is rather partial of some Guro Hentai...

pipirupirupirupipipiru-pi!!

......huh.....?

pipirupirupirupipipiru-pi!!

......huh.....?

:blank::wtf: :wtf: :blank:

You've only been in Japan for three months, you're already as nutty as them.

:blank::wtf: :wtf: :blank:

You've only been in Japan for three months, you're already as nutty as them.

Thats the opening song for the anime Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan

Thats the opening song for the anime Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan

I wouldn't have known, because I haven't seen it. I do know about it, though, obviously.

The dude on the bottom looks uncannily like (I think) Hellfire. :blank:

XD

He doesn't, but I see where you're coming from.

Why didn't the police shoot him? Deserved it the evil bastard.

Why would Jack Thompson really care what's happening in Japan? He likes anime, doujinshi, 2D shit. What has games got to do with this subject?

Apart from Ninja Gaiden which was a coincidence anyway.

What do school shootings have to do with counter strike?

This is Jack Thompson, if violence and video games are in any way relating to each other, even if just by coincidence, he's all over it. He's probably "investigating" right now as to weather this kid has ever played video games in his life in preparation for an inevitable interview.

Why didn't the police shoot him? Deserved it the evil bastard.

I agree, people like that will never become productive members of society. What's the point in keeping them alive.

This is Jack Thompson, if violence and video games are in any way relating to each other, even if just by coincidence, he's all over it. He's probably "investigating" right now as to weather this kid has ever played video games in his life in preparation for an inevitable interview.

I agree, people like that will never become productive members of society. What's the point in keeping them alive.

Stop talking about Jack Thompson.

He might lost his rights to law soon anyway.

Do the police in Japan carry sidearms? As I understand it Japan is a very anti-gun society. Bluey?

Shooting, firing a weapin, happens in both situations. That proves nothing, I don't see your point in that. We all know why Thompson does what he does.

So I reiterate. Why would Jack Thompson care about Japan considering this story has more relation to anime and that category than games? Bringing up Thompson in this situation is irrelevant.

PS: it's whether not weather.

Sorry about the spelling.

But if you actually watch some of his interviews (not all of them). He will use things like this, not at all related to games, and try and twist them around to make it sound like games are evil. If this guy did actually play games he will use it in an interview at some point.

Also about the counter strike thing, just because you fire a weapon doesn't mean its going to train you to shoot up your school. Yes they do have a few things in common, but not as many as Mr. Thompson would have you believe.

Sorry about the spelling.

But if you actually watch some of his interviews (not all of them). He will use things like this, not at all related to games, and try and twist them around to make it sound like games are evil. If this guy did actually play games he will use it in an interview at some point.

Also about the counter strike thing, just because you fire a weapon doesn't mean its going to train you to shoot up your school. Yes they do have a few things in common, but not as many as Mr. Thompson would have you believe.

I suggest not Youtubing his interviews. It's worked for me all my life.

Do the police in Japan carry sidearms? As I understand it Japan is a very anti-gun society. Bluey?

dont think so... saying that i havent reeeeally been close enough to hug one of them yet so i havent checked for hidden weapons...

the police here are everywhere though ~ they have police boxes (like, little mini offices, not TARDIS style - thatd just be TOO cool...) dotted around towns so people can come report lost property or ask for directions etc... the police are kinda 'advertised' as friendly approachable and helpful ~ so i doubt they'd carry firearms ... i'll have a good look when i pass the police box in town though :grin:

None of the news coverage in Japan seems to be blaming video games. Apparently the guy was 'tired of life'.

As bad as this is (and it is horrible), Japan is a mazingly safe with a tiny, tiny crime rate (unless you are an umbrella or a bicycle, in which case you are fucked). There are total nutjobs everywhere, and there probably always will be. Tokyo is the safest-feeling city I have been in

I also live in Japan, and was in Tokyo on Saturday, but you can be forgiven for not enquiring after my health, given how little I post on here...

None of the news coverage in Japan seems to be blaming video games. Apparently the guy was 'tired of life'.

As bad as this is (and it is horrible), Japan is a mazingly safe with a tiny, tiny crime rate (unless you are an umbrella or a bicycle, in which case you are fucked). There are total nutjobs everywhere, and there probably always will be. Tokyo is the safest-feeling city I have been in

I also live in Japan, and was in Tokyo on Saturday, but you can be forgiven for not enquiring after my health, given how little I post on here...

Apparently sexual crimes are pretty bad... apparently some of the trains have seperate female carriages due to all the rapes. Bluey, this true?

apparently some of the trains have seperate female carriages due to all the rapes.

Nice. Put all the weak women in one carriage, ripe for the taking.

[/Going to hell]

Nice. Put all the weak women in one carriage, ripe for the taking.

[/Going to hell]

You'll be in good company:bouncy: