NEurope
MoogleViper

GAME reward card

Ok I have a GAME reward card and my sister has recently bought RRR from there. I was wondering how I could put the points onto my card.

You need to have it with you when you purchase it, or link the reward card number to your online GAME account so that purchases automatically stick points on the card.

If you still have the receipt you might be able to take it in store with your card and get the points put on. You can do that in Tesco.

I believe there's a way of putting the points on your card afterwards by using your receipt.

I'm sure I've done it before but it was years ago.

Game charge £3 for a reward card now! I had one ages ago so i was going to get one yesterday untill i realised how much they are. I thought reward cards were meant to entice people to purchase at that specific store.

As for putting points on the card after purchase, i've never heard of being able to do that.

Game charge £3 for a reward card now! I had one ages ago so i was going to get one yesterday untill i realised how much they are. I thought reward cards were meant to entice people to purchase at that specific store.

As for putting points on the card after purchase, i've never heard of being able to do that.

haha I wanted a card and thought it was going to be free until they said and she laughed when I changed my mind. £3 for a card are they taking the biscuit? :heh:

Its unpossible.

I used to fobb the moany people off with customer services 0870 7502741 but you'll be in a queue for half hour and im 90% sure they can't.

Only way it can be done is the refund the item in full. Then sell it back through again with the reward card. But its unlikely any staff will do that unless they're feeling kind and its dead in the store.

@Ashley: the guy in the store told my sister it could be done. Unless he was fobbing her off like you were.

I got one free when I bought a GBA.

@Ashley: the guy in the store told my sister it could be done. Unless he was fobbing her off like you were.

Fobbing off or misinformed. One or t'other. Or covering his own back (as he should have asked and if he doesn't the company gets sadfaced). One or t'other or t'other.

You could work the "but he never asked!" angle if you try customer services and they may do something if you're annoyed enough, but if you just say 'I forgot to bring it in' they will say they can't because they have better things (in their books) to do with their time than dealing with people's forgetful nature.

Tbh with the amount of money I've gotten through reward points £3 is worth it for the reward card.

Tbh with the amount of money I've gotten through reward points £3 is worth it for the reward card.

Totally. And for whoever above mentioned they had one ages ago........go in and ask them to look it up via your postcode, and then they should be able to send you out a replacement.

Sales assistants should be asking every customer whether they have a reward card when they are making purchases.

If you're buying hardware, and you don't have a loyalty card, then mention is it possible to get one for free 'because you're buying hardware.' We always offer free loyalty cards with console purchases anyway.

I've got over £20 worth of points in my Reward card just now for Okami and had various amount of money stored up in the past so it's worth it. I think I got mine for free or a pound years ago.

It's £3 for the card now. I've still got mine from years ago. I'm sure you don't even need the card. Unless it's changed I've had them check through their compooters and put the points on that way, just by telling them my post code. Did that 3 or 4 times.

Totally. And for whoever above mentioned they had one ages ago........go in and ask them to look it up via your postcode, and then they should be able to send you out a replacement.

Sales assistants should be asking every customer whether they have a reward card when they are making purchases.

If you're buying hardware, and you don't have a loyalty card, then mention is it possible to get one for free 'because you're buying hardware.' We always offer free loyalty cards with console purchases anyway.

1764174 - the code they have to type in to order a replacement card. I hate myself for remembering that.

Anywho...yeah they can do it on postcode or surname and partial postcode (eg Harrison, EN) if you have moved.

Shouldn't be giving one away for free with every console purchase, thats more staff trying to ensure figures are kept at a non-moanable level. Get it free if you take out extended warranty though.

I was made to buy a reward card for my Wii preorder. Although I didn't really mind when I randomly asked how much I had on my card and got Excite Truck for £5.

I never saw it as worth it because I go to gamestation more.

:blank:

1764174 - the code they have to type in to order a replacement card. I hate myself for remembering that.

Anywho...yeah they can do it on postcode or surname and partial postcode (eg Harrison, EN) if you have moved.

Shouldn't be giving one away for free with every console purchase, thats more staff trying to ensure figures are kept at a non-moanable level. Get it free if you take out extended warranty though.

You should in indeed be hating yourself for remembering that. haha

And yes, we obviously know that giving them away with hardware purchases isn't really by the book..........but budgets/targets/stock & shares and all that rubbish. :heh:

Kind of been getting fed up with the place to be honest recently.........I think they ask far too much of staff for the £5.55 an hr that they pay us.

I've lost my card for the last 3 years but whenever I buy something I just tell them that I've forgotten it and they put it on anyway through typing in my address and post code.

I bought a 360 in march with extended warranty and asked for a replacement card. I've probably asked for it twice now but they don't bother sending it to you. But they still put the points on. So I have ALOT of points on a card I can't find. Could I still use it without presenting the actual card?

GAME are pretty laughable. The reward card costs money?! Absolutely barmy. Not to mention that the small amount of money you get in points hardly makes up for their overpriced games anyway.

GAME are pretty laughable. The reward card costs money?! Absolutely barmy. Not to mention that the small amount of money you get in points hardly makes up for their overpriced games anyway.

I have to agree with Gizmo, the benefits far outweigh the cost of the card, which is why I love GAME. I have about £7 now ready to use on a nice new game after my exams.

I have to agree with Gizmo, the benefits far outweigh the cost of the card, which is why I love GAME. I have about £7 now ready to use on a nice new game after my exams.

Yeh but looking at Metal Gear Solid 4, it's 2 quid more expensive on GAME than shopto, yet you get £2 in reward points. So sometimes it seems like you might be getting something juicy, but it's just made up for by the price.

Yes its odd that you pay money but the reward percent is better than the other big shops. At Game its 2.5%, whereas at Boots and Tescos its 1%.

Note to self: you don't have to sell them anymore...

(plus receipt tracker and you get offers and stuff :p)

ts worth bearing in mind if you have a Nectar card, you can make purchases through Nectar e-Stores for stores like GAME, Gamestation and more, gaining two points per pound. You can obviously then use the points to buy games at Sainsburys (who are actually damned cheap for games, but have a tiny selection). You can therefore collect your GAME points and Nectar points at the same time.

I never saw it as worth it because I go to gamestation more.

:blank:

Even then, I'm sure you'll build up more than £3 over time.

I find the online store to be very good for prices. Never really go into stores now.

Yeh but looking at Metal Gear Solid 4, it's 2 quid more expensive on GAME than shopto, yet you get £2 in reward points. So sometimes it seems like you might be getting something juicy, but it's just made up for by the price.

Maybe so, but if you're a Quidco user you get 11% cashback of the slightly higher cash price at GAME compared to 4% cashback at Shopto. Using your MGS example:

Shopto

£36.99 - £1.48 (4% of £37) = £35.51

GAME

£39.99 - £2 - £4.40 (11% of £40) = £33.59

:smile:

Edit: Not to mention GAME.co.uk more often than not have vouchers floating around for £3 or £5 off!

Yes its odd that you pay money but the reward percent is better than the other big shops. At Game its 2.5%, whereas at Boots and Tescos its 1%.

Note to self: you don't have to sell them anymore...

(plus receipt tracker and you get offers and stuff :p)

Hmm you lost me there, I'll just be quiet then. : peace:

Edit: Not to mention GAME.co.uk more often than not have vouchers floating around for £3 or £5 off!

True, but every time you enter the e-mail of someone who buys something off Shopto into a refer box you get £1. So if everyone used Shopto and recommended each other they would be laughing. Shame they won't. :/