NEurope
Kirkatronics

Every Day Tips 'n' Tricks

We all know a few ways of making harder tasks that bit easier, or easy tasks really easy. Share yours with us :)

Mine are:

If you can't open a bottle or jar, put your tshirt or a tower over it and then try open it.

Vinegar mixed with water is a very good method of cleaning your windscreen, especially with newspaper.

If you run out of shaving foam, shampoo is just as good.

However shampoo (and conditioner) is not a good lubricant. Don't do it kids!

Since I'm actually too cheap to buy shaving foam, I just use normal (liquid) soap in the shower. Seems to work fine, even with my razor that is god knows how many months old (yes, too cheap to buy new ones). =)

Think my sisters do the same actually.

And for the jar thing, I'm not sure if it actually helps, but dad says you should turn it around, tap the bottom a few times (not too hard, but hard enough =P ) and then the jar should open more easily. Or something.

Only if it's a certain length. But if you get it at the stubbley stage it's fine. Of course a bit of water is used occasionally to cleanse the blade of my potential beard.

Don't wet your toothbrush before brushing. A dry brush is more effective at removing plaque.

When cooking a frozen pizza, cut it into slices 5 minutes before it's done cooking and then place it back in the oven. The edges of the slices will be 'cauterised', stopping the topping from slipping off and ensuring an even cook.

Instant hot chocolate can benefit from first being made into a paste. Add only a little water/milk to the powder at first and stir it up so it resembles icing. When you add the rest of the liquid you should end up with far fewer granules floating about in your drink.

Don't wet your toothbrush before brushing. A dry brush is more effective at removing plaque.

When cooking a frozen pizza, cut it into slices 5 minutes before it's done cooking and then place it back in the oven. The edges of the slices will be 'cauterised', stopping the topping from slipping off and ensuring an even cook.

Instant hot chocolate can benefit from first being made into a paste. Add only a little water/milk to the powder at first and stir it up so it resembles icing. When you add the rest of the liquid you should end up with far fewer granules floating about in your drink.

Now this are good tips. Thanks.

Thanks for the advice Aimless! : peace:

I could have done with the pizza one earlier this evening!

Don't get any shaving products. I shave dry.

Never dry shave if you have sensitive skin, specially if you want to end up looking like a lobster, and it fucking hurts.

Aimless the toothpaste one was quite interesting! :awesome:

For opening jars, don't try and twist hard try and grip hard and then twist. Works every time for me. For those artists out there (although you blatantly know this already) don't buy expensive fixative, just use hairspray cos it works just as well.

Bluey has an amazing new methos of folding t-shirts btw. I'm gonna force her to make a vid of it on youtube.

For opening jars, don't try and twist hard try and grip hard and then twist. Works every time for me. For those artists out there (although you blatantly know this already) don't buy expensive fixative, just use hairspray cos it works just as well.

Bluey has an amazing new methos of folding t-shirts btw. I'm gonna force her to make a vid of it on youtube.

^Like that one? If it is still get her to make one :)

I shave dry, but that's because I'm really, really lazy and use an electric razor.

Roll clothes when packing them, don't fold them. It's much, much more space efficient, leaving you with room for the kitchen sink.

Missing a hole punch? No problem! Take a normal A4 pad of paper (with holes), line your hole-less pages up, and stab in the correct place with a pencil or biro!

Always wear a condom. :wink:

^Like that one? If it is still get her to make one :)

I can J fold. Sort of. You have to practice it a lot to get the pinches in the right place.

This goes for any powder based sauce type thing. When making a cheese sauce from one of those sachet packs, I pour in a little of the milk, stir it up on a light heat til I have a paste, then stir in the rest of the milk. Really helps to avoid lumps.

If you don't have an egg timer, put the egg in cold water, heat until the water boils, then remove.. Perfect egg no matter what the size :)

yeah it's "j-folding"... :heh: there are looooads of 'hot-to' vids on youtube for it though so unless i was doing a topless version there wouldnt be much point in adding to them (and whats the point of showing you how to fold a top if i dont have a top to fold??! ^___^)

GIRLS!!! (and guys i guess?) just put a dark top on after applying deodorant? did you acquire a nice set of zebra-esque deodorant marks down your sides for your trouble?? no problem!! just rub the t-shirt fabric together over it. it disappears O___O!!

i only learnt that trick recently... along with the j-folding trick... lord knows how i survived for so long without those two pieces of info... :nono:

I'm not sure how effective this is, but it's better than nothing.

Putting receipts in the bin? Don't want uncouth individuals reading parts of your bank account details from the cash machine? Spray with deoderant and the text magically vanishes!

When trying to get ketchup out of a glass bottle hit the arm that's holding the bottle, not the bottle itself.

Learn keyboard shortcuts, they make your workflow that much quicker.

Y'all got the opening-a-jar thing wrong. Use an elastic band around the lid or rubber glove to enhance grip.

I can't really think of any tips/tricks besides ones to do with rolling cigarettes, and they're better demonstrated anyway.

When shagging, have the woman on top, it is less effort on your part, making you last longer. Plus it leaves your hands free to roam.

i like to take a more scientific approach to opening stuck jars.

I stand the jar in cold water, to contract the glass, then run very hot water on the lid to expand the lid. Works a treat, but i will concede its not alway the most conveniet way to do things.

Can't think of any other life tips, although I'm sure I have them, as my life generally runs quite efficiently.

To women don't sit on top whilst having sex if you have problems with bloating or have ibs, makes things worse.

Haha it's quite interesting reading about the do's and don'ts of having ibs. and going against evil twice in one thread xD