NEurope
Llama Juice

Would you meet an online friend in person?

Watch the video for the full question and my response to it.

Basically... Would you be willing to meet someone in person, that you met online first? Would your answer have been different four or five years ago?

I've met a few people I only knew online. Though it was at a huge LAN event and I took my mate along just in case they turned out to be a bunch of rapists. It was awesome, and I've since met up a few times, once at a football match.

In all though, now that I'm an adult I wouldn't be too afraid of meeting someone I only knew online. I'd probably be cautious though. A few years back, I'd have been very skeptical, never know who's pedo.

I've met Jordan, Stefkov, Ashmat, Thirtynine, Domstercool and Sarka from this forum ;)

(But I already knew Sarka!)

Watch the video for the full question and my response to it.

Basically... Would you be willing to meet someone in person, that you met online first? Would your answer have been different four or five years ago?

I met one person online like....five years ago....that was cool. We had spoken on the phone aswell. (It was....a bit sexual)

And then I met a whole group of people that Ive spoken to online for 5 years last week, and that was awesome!

And then loads of us from this site are meeting up next month.

So yeah! :heh:

I have met some people but all of them were friends of people I knew. So that doesn't count really eh?

I've met Ellmiester (he touched me in bad places ><)

Disclaimer, i enjoyed it

From this form i've met:

Roadkill (not around much anymore)

Largo (left, afaik)

Athriller (same as Roadkill)

Tendo (left)

Apple ndib (around sometimes)

Fordprefect (left)

Zeikfried (left)

Domstercool (still around, a mod)

Sarka (left)

Ashmat (banned'D)

Letty (still around and my girlfriend who i now live near to and currently at her house)

Theres probably a couple more but i'm blanking right now.

I have done before, Nintybloke/Joe who used to post on these forums. Still talk to him regularly and I'm currently trying to convince him to come up and visit me.

I also met ShadowV7 at the Wii launch night in Stirling with one of his friends (Zero?) and another guy from NE who recognised my name when we were playing on the DS. Can't remember who that was now....

There's always a risk that a person who you admire turns out to be completely different from what you were expecting.

I've never met anyone from round here, but if I did I know I'd be paranoid that I'd come across as a total douche.

I've not actually met anyone from the internet yet, but I will be at some point. As I'm only 16 getting parents permission to go somewhere to meet up with online people is difficult :p But I have a couple of people who I may be going to meet down in Norwich later in the year.

Aside from people who I actually know (MadDog91UK, Firthy1991, Jimjebus) I have stalked Daniel. But he didn't know. And asides from that, I'm not entirely sure.

From this form i've met:

Roadkill (not around much anymore)

Largo (left, afaik)

Athriller (same as Roadkill)

Tendo (left)

Apple ndib (around sometimes)

Fordprefect (left)

Zeikfried (left)

Domstercool (still around, a mod)

Sarka (left)

Ashmat (banned'D)

Letty (still around and my girlfriend who i now live near to and currently at her house)

Theres probably a couple more but i'm blanking right now.

Are Domstercool and Letty wearing some sort of magical amulet to shield them from your curse? :heh:

Met some of the IRC crew back in the day.

Roadkill

Allyn (aka FEF)

pdhq64

Sharan (did he ever come on the actual forums?)

Athriller (he veen had the same t-shirt as me :D)

Though I've probably forgotten someone.

Also, shit loads of people on the southparks forum.

EDIT: And shit loads of people from SomethingAwful forums.

Met some of the IRC crew back in the day.

Roadkill

Allyn (aka FEF)

pdhq64

Sharan (did he ever come on the actual forums?)

Athriller (he veen had the same t-shirt as me :D)

Though I've probably forgotten someone.

Also, shit loads of people on the southparks forum.

EDIT: And shit loads of people from SomethingAwful forums.

Oh, yeh! me, towzzok and flink were at the same muse concert, but i was seated and they weren't, so yeh, didn't meet them (didn't know they were going but hey)

Atleast, i think they went to the muse concert..

Oooh yeah, I forgot about that. Flink came and asked if I was Twozzok. He looked very releived when I said yes XD

Yes! I would! :D and have. I met Bluey Last October at the London Anime Expo. :)

She was dressed as Pikachu. :yay: and is AWESOME!

Five Years ago or even the beginning of last Year I didn't really use a computer that much and didn't have any internet friends so wouldn't have even considered meeting anyone.

Now I am. Though the London Meet up sounds to big an scary for me! :p

I met Letty and I think we saw Bluey aswell. But it might have been anyone in a big yellow costume.

There is on man I plan to meet. He plans on giving me 'beatings', it was two men but one of them isn't going to the London meet.

Oh and I saw demonmike aswell I believe.

I've met Ellmiester (he touched me in bad places ><)

Disclaimer, i enjoyed it

You also met me, biatch!

:heh:

Oh, and Dan-Likes-Trees lives in the same town as me and DomJcg, so I've probably seen him around somewhere. In fact, he almost definitely knows Dom mum. Then again, everyone knows Dom's mum, in the biblical sense...

If the meetup wasn't so far and expensive to go to (and if I had someone to go with), I wouldn't mind meeting up with some of you. =)

Other than that, only met two people from the internet. One was all across the ocean. I'm still amazed about the fact my parents never objected to this. XD

The other person I ran into on an entrance exam for an art school. He recognized one of the characters I was drawing (one I created) and asked if I was Ine from the chat (the one we always were chatting in with a bunch of people). Was kind of weird, especially since it was so unexpected. X3

You also met me, biatch!

:heh:

Oh, and Dan-Likes-Trees lives in the same town as me and DomJcg, so I've probably seen him around somewhere. In fact, he almost definitely knows Dom mum. Then again, everyone knows Dom's mum, in the biblical sense...

Yeh, but i knew you already =}

And Daniel visted our town, many moons ago...

I met a few people down in London (Wildo, McPhee, Oli, Platty).

Allyn (aka FEF)

How could i forget i've met him too!

I met thguyfromspark from this forum. I also plan on meeting someone I've been talking to for a few years once she starts uni in October.

Been there, done it, had sex with them.

But seriously, I've met loads of people from online, some from on here, lots from fetish websites, and have made some very dear friends, and like I said, I got a shag out of it too.

I've met the person that introduced me to this site, soag, and darksnowman. Will probably meet buttons sooner than later as she lives only 10 minutes walk from me. ^__^