NEurope
Daft

Euro 2008: Who Will You Support?

I suppose so :)

just clarifying how it will all pan out though :D

although looks like fairplay may be involved at some stage as well

..not really anything to do with Euro 2008 (other than the fact that he is currently the tournament top scorer :heh:) ..but this is interesting to me (as a Liverpool fan :yay:)

Villa admits Reds interest (Sky Sports)

I understand it doesn't really mean much.. but I have been hoping Rafa would show an interest in David Villa for a good few months now (especially considering the poor season Valencia had). Considering he and Torres have done OK together it is certainly nice to know that he doesn't seem against coming to Liverpool should an opportunity arise..

Hopefully something will happen after the tournament! I am resigned to the fact that Peter Crouch will probably be elsewhere next season (he isn't getting the amount of football he deserves at Liverpool)

Fucking hell thats awful from Cech, 3 minutes from penaltys then....

Edit: hahahaha Turkey to go all the way

Turkey.. unbelievable.. this is class!

What an incredible end to this game. Keeper now sent off! Come on.. give us an equalizer for penalties!

I'm loving the Turkey - Czech Republic game, I wanted Turkey to win so can't believe the turn around!

Although as I type the goalie has been sent off, what was he thinking!

That was an amazing game. Was quite looking forward to penalties but damn that winning goal was briliant. Well deserved from the turks 2nd half performance.

All credit to turkey. They kept playing the right way and got there rewards. Czech Republic never played 2nd half, Koller should of been taken off as they had no movement upfront.

Holland look the best so far but I am still not convinced about Van Basten starting with the 4-2-3-1 formation. If they go 1-0 down I not sure if it will work. Engelaar is average and does nothing with the ball. I agree with Cruyff and think they should play 4-3-3 with Rudd Van, Robben and Van Persie upfront.

That was an epic performance from Turkey. Cech has really lost form over the past season.

Oh, fuck it, I love the Czech's, and this is what happened in the World Cup...

Ah well, they should have had the one off the post in, and regardless, Viva La Oranje!

That was an epic performance from Turkey. Cech has really lost form over the past season.

Can you blame him? He did get a cracked skull, and a fucked up face...

I still rate him as one of the best in the world but he shouldn't be making mistakes like that.

Imagine what he was thinking, few minutes to go, woop we got this in the bag, in comes the cross, mistake, shizer. It's ok i'll save their penalties. Minutes later, bang, goal, Out.

Its not wether I blame him or not, his form has dropped. Trust me, as a Chelsea supporter that was the last thing I wanted to see.

I love how the kepper pushed the player for no real reason, 'Ah we're through now anyway, MAY AS WELL HIT A CZECH WHILE I STILL HAVE THE CHANCE'. What an awesome game.

i support netherlands! plays the best football till now!

for tonight now...big congrats to Turkey and Swiss!

Turkey deserves to win the match!

generally this euro is very interesting!

i support netherlands! plays the best football till now!

for tonight now...big congrats to Turkey and Swiss!

Turkey deserves to win the match!

generally this euro is very interesting!

Interesting is an understatement. This Euro competition rivals '96 so far!

Tuned in for the last minutes of Turkey - Czechs, and man, that was some crazy stuff! Back from 2-1 down, horrible blunder by Cech, and the Turkish keeper replaced by a field player?! WTF!

Holland look the best so far but I am still not convinced about Van Basten starting with the 4-2-3-1 formation. If they go 1-0 down I not sure if it will work. Engelaar is average and does nothing with the ball. I agree with Cruyff and think they should play 4-3-3 with Rudd Van, Robben and Van Persie upfront.
Are you kidding? 4-3-3 never did it for the Dutch. They've used it for three years, without playing any sort of appealing football (except for one match against Ireland, but the offense was Babel - Huntelaar - Kuyt then), and the players themselves asked for a different lineup. Our best players are offensive midfielders - Van der Vaart and Sneijder (and Seedorf) as playmakers, Robben, van Persie and Afellay (and Babel) have terrific individual class and are a real danger on the ball, and Kuyt is such a terrific workhorse on midfield, where he is more effective than up front. With 4-3-3, the field is too long, and the center striker is incredibly hard to reach, and midfield is wide open. With this system of 4 layers instead of three, the problem is gone. We've shown our best football in years in the practice matches and on the tournament because of 4-2-3-1.

Also, Engelaar played absolutely outstanding against Italy, but he was just nervous against France or something - if he picks up shape, he's a definite base player. Against Italy, he was the team's midfield engine, he really was.

Let Cruijff blabber on, he'd even stick with old Dutch 4-3-3 when he would be allowed to line up 12 players. The Dutch's big successes came in a Total Football formation (1974 final) and 4-4-2 (1988). 4-3-3 has never done it.

Man, this post is too long

Totally agree with DCK, 4-3-3 didnt work before and why would you think it is now? Current formation is working so stick to it!

Oh and why no Seedorf and Van Bommel?

Van Bommel is an ass. He didn't get selected a few times, because he was too stubborn to do his job on midfield, and Van Bommel's ego was hurt and he refused for the national team under Van Basten. Didn't fit great in the group either.

Seedorf refused himself as he didn't feel appreciated enough. He wasn't a base player, because Van Basten preferred other players in offensive midfield positions, even preferring Afellay over him at times. For a four time Champions League finalist and a base player of AC Milan, that's not enough credit. I think he's got a point. In contrast to Van Bommel, he's actually a nice guy, who did fit into the group.

It's been speculated that Seedorf and Van Bommel's absence has been beneficial for the team, as they would've torn up the team spirit they're boasting with their personalities.

Totally agree with DCK, 4-3-3 didnt work before and why would you think it is now? Current formation is working so stick to it!

Seedorf was offered the spot in the team (well, eventually), but he then declined.

Van Bommel doesn't want to play under Van Basten anymore.

Damn, DCK beat me to it!

Van Bommel is an ass. He didn't get selected a few times, because he was too stubborn to do his job on midfield, and Van Bommel's ego was hurt and he refused for the national team under Van Basten. Didn't fit great in the group either.

Seedorf refused himself as he didn't feel appreciated enough. He wasn't a base player, because Van Basten preferred other players in offensive midfield positions, even preferring Afellay over him at times. For a four time Champions League finalist and a base player of AC Milan, that's not enough credit. I think he's got a point. In contrast to Van Bommel, he's actually a nice guy, who did fit into the group.

It's been speculated that Seedorf and Van Bommel's absence has been beneficial for the team, as they would've torn up the team spirit they're boasting with their personalities.

Ah...Sad really, I like Seedorf...think he is a great player! Always thought Van Bommel is **** anyways.

Whats your opinion on Huntelaar? I wouldnt mind him at Manchester United!

Whats your opinion on Huntelaar? I wouldnt mind him at Manchester United!
Great striker, but not ready for ManUnited I think. He's a smarter striker probably even compared to Van Nistelrooy, but he's a bit slow and he can grow more in physical strength. If he manages 30 goals a season again next year, then he'd probably be ready.

Also, I'd much rather have Huntelaar playing for Ajax next season :heh: We simply don't have a replacement.