NEurope
Deathborn

Rune Factory Frontier

Major, major bumpage (still an understatement :p), but seeing as this is FINALLY due this week it may/may not merit it.

Just curious to know if anyone else is planning on picking it up, as mine should be here tomorrow, or does anyone even care about this anymore, or is it a case that anyone who did care imported the thing over a year ago.

I must admit that my interest was beginning to wear thin because of the wait and the fact that my usual import site hasn't had it listed for the last few months, but now that it is almost in my hands I am looking forward to it. Of course, after such a wait, there is a very strong likelihood of an epic disappointment with the game.

So, any chance of this actually topping 100 sales ?

I've not played any of the Rune Factory games thus far and I was interested in this Wii one. Truth be told, with the constant delays, the notion has since left me. :( I'll be interested to see what you think of it, so be sure to post up your views as you play it, Piggy!

Major, major bumpage (still an understatement :p), but seeing as this is FINALLY due this week it may/may not merit it.

Just curious to know if anyone else is planning on picking it up, as mine should be here tomorrow, or does anyone even care about this anymore, or is it a case that anyone who did care imported the thing over a year ago.

I must admit that my interest was beginning to wear thin because of the wait and the fact that my usual import site hasn't had it listed for the last few months, but now that it is almost in my hands I am looking forward to it. Of course, after such a wait, there is a very strong likelihood of an epic disappointment with the game.

So, any chance of this actually topping 100 sales ?

Wow I didn't know this was out yet. I usually pre-order all Rising Star Games...games but with having just recieved Harvest Moon and soon getting Animal Crossing, I don't think I'd handle having 3 seperate lives. 2 is fine. I'll leave it for a bit.

Wow I didn't know this was out yet. I usually pre-order all Rising Star Games...games but with having just recieved Harvest Moon and soon getting Animal Crossing, I don't think I'd handle having 3 seperate lives. 2 is fine. I'll leave it for a bit.

RSG only officially announced the release date last week so it's hardly surprising that very few know that it's out :shakehead.

BTW, which Harvest Moon game was it you picked up, if it was ToT I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. I decided against it because of some really mixed reviews, apparent loading time issues and the fact that I can't help thinking the HM series needs a little reinvention. Which brings us neatly to RFF.

It arrived this morning so I have only had really little time with it so far, nowhere near enough time to form a proper opinion so I'll probably edit this post a little later. One thing though which the videos already show, the thing is beautiful and nearer to the AWL look (but not quite up there) rather than the more recent HM outings. The manual itself is pretty extensive and it seems there is going to be a stack of stuff to do in this game, which may explain why some on gamefaqs are claiming to have spent over 100 hours with the thing.

Everyone should get this game, it's fucking awesome, easily one of the best Wii games out there, you shall play countless hours on it.

Edited by killer kirby

Everyone should get this game, it's fucking awesome, easily one of the best Wii games out there, you shall countless hours on it.

Its rated highly by you so i'll probably hate it. :D

What puts me off is the Harvest Moon side of things, never been a big fan of those games.

Its rated highly by you so i'll probably hate it. :D

Hardy har har, says the person that enjoyed Dragon Quest IV :heh:

What puts me off is the Harvest Moon side of things, never been a big fan of those games.

Your into Animal Crossing...yet...not Harvest Moon...I am confused :hmm:

RSG only officially announced the release date last week so it's hardly surprising that very few know that it's out :shakehead.

BTW, which Harvest Moon game was it you picked up, if it was ToT I'll be interested to hear your thoughts. I decided against it because of some really mixed reviews, apparent loading time issues and the fact that I can't help thinking the HM series needs a little reinvention. Which brings us neatly to RFF.

Nope it's Magical Melody, I decided that I would get this one first and if I liked it get ToT later.

Can you marry anyone in this game like Harvest Moon?

Your into Animal Crossing...yet...not Harvest Moon...I am confused :hmm:

Im not really in to the AC series at all, I usually get bored with it after a few weeks. I can't even remember the last time I played on the Wii version, my town must be in a right state now. :D

Nope it's Magical Melody, I decided that I would get this one first and if I liked it get ToT later.

Can you marry anyone in this game like Harvest Moon?

I loved Magical Melody so I think you'll enjoy it. Just ignore the complete failure to make any translation or update for the Wii, other than some pointless and rarely needed waggle. Even the in-game instructions still pertained to the GC version, it took me freaking ages to figure out how to ride the horse, let alone race it effectively. I must get back to it at some point.

Yes, there is the option to marry in this game. I've only met a couple of possible love interests at the moment but it seems that there is going to be quite a few to 'work' on. Still trying to figure my way around the place though.

EDIT - Must type faster ;)

So I could potentially have two wives? One in HM and one in this and not have to worry about them bumping into each other?

Sold.

Everyone should get this game, it's fucking awesome, easily one of the best Wii games out there, you shall play countless hours on it.

You may not be wrong. I'm only on day 7 in-game and I am already hooked on the thing.

I am already trying to decide how to best spend my time, do I concentrate on building up the farm, spend a bit more time in dungeons, or chill out, forget everything and spend some more time flirting with the young ladies.

Not forgetting that I have just discovered a hidden dungeon, need to build a barn, remember to catch the postie to send a letter for me, find a fishing rod. All this and I still haven't yet uncovered the whole recipe thing or the runey system.

Only minor criticisms I can find at the moment is the loading is a bit of an annoyance and some of the character voices are a bit grating.

Really shaping up to be an epic experience and well worth the wait.

I think I've just found my new all-time favourite game in the history of the world ever...

Seriously, how awesome is this game? I've loved the Harvest Moon games since the SNES one, and this one is right up there with the N64 game, I love it! For years my dream game was a zelda spin-off in the vein of HM where you had to tend to Lon Lon Ranch, when this was announced it sounded like it could fulfill all my crop raising and monster battling needs. I'm so glad it's lived up to my expectations and I can't recommend it enough. Whether you're a fan of the HM games or not this is seriously one of the best Wii games available right now.

The only downside is I just don't have enough time to play it!

BUY THIS GAME. :)

I think I've just found my new all-time favourite game in the history of the world ever...

Seriously, how awesome is this game? I've loved the Harvest Moon games since the SNES one, and this one is right up there with the N64 game, I love it! For years my dream game was a zelda spin-off in the vein of HM where you had to tend to Lon Lon Ranch, when this was announced it sounded like it could fulfill all my crop raising and monster battling needs. I'm so glad it's lived up to my expectations and I can't recommend it enough. Whether you're a fan of the HM games or not this is seriously one of the best Wii games available right now.

The only downside is I just don't have enough time to play it!

Welcome aboard :D now we must find more victims for this game to strike down with it's awesomeness :laughing:

Loved the first despite its bitch slapping me for not befriending animals after a certain point.. If I ever do see reason to buy a Wii, this will be snapped up in an instant

And just in case anyone else needs convincing, the above post speaks the truth.

Today was the first time that I switched on the 360 since last Wednesday and even then, all I could think about was getting back on this so it wasn't on for long. It's been a while since I've left the 360 alone for that length of time so that says something.

Around 25 hours in, middle of my first Summer and it was only now that I cleared the first dungeon, because there is just so much going on in this game. I'm still not turning over as much money as I would like but then I really should stop hanging around at the beach :blush:.

Just a fantastic game, it probably won't beat out LKS as the best game on the Wii (IMO), but it won't be that far away either.

Edited by ThePigMarcher

Is RFF really that good?

In a word, YES (but you probably knew that I was going to say that :p).

Not only has it kept me off of the 360, it has relegated both Resonance of Fate and Just Cause 2 to my 'summer drought search bargain list'.

It has also prompted me to hunt down a cheap copy of HM: AWL because I regret selling it, despite it being by far the worst in the series. And, I suddenly feel compelled to give ToT a look despite it's apparent faults, although when I'll get the time for those is another matter. This game has a lot to answer for.

In other news, I have just opened up the next dungeon but didn't get very far because the monsters in there promptly kicked my arse. Time to get back to the forge methinks.

It has also prompted me to hunt down a cheap copy of HM: AWL because I regret selling it, despite it being by far the worst in the series. And, I suddenly feel compelled to give ToT a look despite it's apparent faults, although when I'll get the time for those is another matter. This game has a lot to answer for.

HM:TOT is very...meh (This is coming from a harvest moon fan) all the loading, the bad fixed positions of the camera are annoying but yeah the loading is evil. especially when HM:AWL at least had the whole game there. (To be honest I don't get the hate for AWL too me it felt very polished and felt very new and fresh for a HM game)

HM:TOT is very...meh (This is coming from a harvest moon fan) all the loading, the bad fixed positions of the camera are annoying but yeah the loading is evil. especially when HM:AWL at least had the whole game there. (To be honest I don't get the hate for AWL too me it felt very polished and felt very new and fresh for a HM game)

It's the whole loading issue that is putting me off ToT, the loading in this is an annoyance but it's tolerable. As for AWL, I agree that it felt polished and fresh but the one thing that completely ruined it was the forced marriage. At least let me take my time when deciding if/when I get hooked up because I honestly didn't feel motivated to play too far into the second year on any of my attempts at it.

Edited by ThePigMarcher

I received this today...quite honestly i bought it because i think once it's sold-out, you may have trouble getting it! It's out of stock on play.com already..so...hope i like it! :grin:

I received this today...quite honestly i bought it because i think once it's sold-out, you may have trouble getting it! It's out of stock on play.com already..so...hope i like it! :grin:
Hmm... it still seems to be down as a pre-order on HMV and a few other websites, all listing various release dates. Meanwhile Shopto seem to have already sold out. Stock must me in very short supply!

Hmm... it still seems to be down as a pre-order on HMV and a few other websites, all listing various release dates. Meanwhile Shopto seem to have already sold out. Stock must me in very short supply!

Exactly...not a game which will be re-stocked regulary either..as i reckon it'll do even worse then Silent Hill and Red Steel 2, sadly....even though there great games!

Wii games can sometimes come in very short supply! Marbles! Metroid Prime Trilogy..Blast works (sort-of)..once they've gone, they've gone it seems.

Looking forward to starting my raunch tomorrow!