NEurope
Deathborn

Rune Factory Frontier

The game is going to be amazing! 2009 is one hell of a year for the Wii. It's like 2 years rolled in to 1....hang on....it is.... :D

Rune Factory Frontier Opening video !

new screens

1340bb67069b9e143f91ee3efb723.jpg

a11dc6d46f2594d0b7a274318b2bf.jpg

3cf8265c165d5b5452aff9aa99d9d.jpg

30e253ce34b4e752918edd51bb123.jpg

f424f6d676aa58f5ae45cfc954f21.jpg

b2739d3bed826084f10f929ea2813.jpg

dfa6867f9537ed375245a142cb30a.jpg

3ed76acdf5fbd786ba7918be6214d.jpg

faf23c259ba8faf5c8a6c4770d151.jpg

577dec6b556d439a0150a3324dfa4.jpg

e7cff993275a7d8d696c2a09dc4f9.jpg

New infomation

- New heroin : Udzuki, coming from a far East country to search for her missing brother.

- Plenty of weapons and magics to fight the monsters.

- Weapons, such as the magical staffs, can have elemental attributes.

- There are some portals called "gates" which the monsters use to travel between zones and spawn within the dungeons. Destroy these portals to secure each zone.

- A certain item allows you to befriend with monsters, which will in turn help you in various ways (for exemple, you'll be able to mount some of them to travel faster). The allied monsters will also produce eggs, which once hatched, will give birth to a new monster with an even higher degree of friendliness.

Moar images:

rfo9wu9.jpg

rfk7ie7.jpg

rfk6vn6.jpg

rfm4kd1.jpg

rfm5vt5.jpg

rfm9vq1.jpg

rfm6bt4.jpg

rfm7qc2.jpg

rfm8dp9.jpg

rfn1gu6.jpg

rfn2df1.jpg

rfn3vf2.jpg

rfn4dy5.jpg

rfn5jg2.jpg

rfn6vl2.jpg

rfn7lm2.jpg

rfn8iz5.jpg

rfl2re9.jpg

rfl1oi7.jpg

rfk8ao7.jpg

rfl4fc9.jpg

rfl3ga9.jpg

rfl6jz7.jpg

rfl7dh7.jpg

rfl8la1.jpg

rfl9hr1.jpg

rfm1mx3.jpg

rfm2ej6.jpg

rfl5zr5.jpg

rfm3pc3.jpg

Yet more images:

rf81mr3.jpg

rf82aa6.jpg

rf84ju4.jpg

rf85wj8.jpg

rf86dm8.jpg

rf87ga2.jpg

rf88rb3.jpg

rf89ni5.jpg

rf90vz2.jpg

rf91up0.jpg

rfi1eb2.jpg

rfi5by0.jpg

rfh5dj6.jpg

rfh6sr9.jpg

rfh7ai3.jpg

rfi2th7.jpg

rfi3yz4.jpg

rfn9na3.jpg

rfo5dd7.jpg

rfo6bf4.jpg

rft7np9.jpg

rft8he7.jpg

rft5mg4.jpg

rfr5iq0.jpg

rfp2qm6.jpg

rfh9we1.jpg

rff5cg7.jpg

rff7nd9.jpg

rff2rb9.jpg

rff1go7.jpg

Good old Europe!

http://www.cubed3.com/news/11393

Rune Factory Delayed till October 09 in Europe

Euroland receives another delayed game with Rune Factory: Frontier pushed from March to October 2009 in Europe.

Rune Factory: Frontier tells the tale of Raguna, a troubled lad who's suffered amnesia, and can't remember anything from his past. He ends up growing crops and helping out the land of Tranrupia - trying to bring in new residents into the area, opening shops, homes etc. All is not well however, as monsters threaten the land and so you'll need to defend your new home by capturing these beasts.

Previously the game was slated to be published around about the same time as the US date (March 31st), however Rising Star Games has since confirmed that it'll now sprout up in stores from October 2009.

Surely this game will just get forgotten and lost amongst next years releases now!

Seriously? A 7 month delay? What's the need for it? The US version is practically complete and I'm sure the European version isn't that far behind so there can't be any real reason for it other than shear laziness in completing the EUropean version. Not that I was buying it anyway but if I was, I definitely wouldn't be getting it now.

Well looks like this'll be the first game I import for use with the homebrew channel, they can fuck off if they think I'm waiting 'til October!

:heh:

Ew, this reminds me of the Gamecube days.

If it was out in Q1 I would have been interested. Now when it's probably released among Fragile, Cursed Mountain and Another Code: R, I'm not that interested anymore...

I'm having trouble finding the DS game that was talked about on the first page of this thread....the only game I can find comes out early next year here in the UK?

Yeh that's the DS game. It's been out in Japan for ages now (over a year perhaps even nearing 2). Think it's out in January or something. Not exactly what I'd call a quick conversion.

Yeh that's the DS game. It's been out in Japan for ages now (over a year perhaps even nearing 2). Think it's out in January or something. Not exactly what I'd call a quick conversion.

Rune Factory is already out in Europe isn't it?

Rune Factory is already out in Europe isn't it?

No, it was set for a Dec 08 release-but it was pushed back to March 09 I believe (since we had the Harvest Moon-Island game instead) This means that they couldn't release the Wii version of Rune Factory without new players experiencing the DS version first.

Which is likely why the Wii version has been pushed back.

I think even Rune Factory 2 has been out in Japan for maybe a year now, nevermind the original which is definitely nearing 2. I know the DS game wont sell at all here really but it's still amazing that we can see 90's style localisation like this even now.

I gave up playing the original on the DS because it just progressed to slowly. It took at least 20 attempts to clear some of the dungeons. But I'm still going to buy this.

There's some hands on impressions by Bozon at IGN.

One of the nice aspects about Rune Factory is that if you don't want to play a specific part of the game, you really don't have to. Sure, there are various story instances you can't complete without both farming and battling alike, but Harvest Moon (and Rune Factory, by extension) games have always been about playing how you want, and this one is no different. You start the game out with 500 gold, so if you want to go spend all 500 on the first level sword right away (conveniently priced at exactly that much), you can skip farming for as long as you want and play it only as an action-RPG. Likewise, you could also spend all your time farming, giving food to people as gifts to progress the game's social simulator, and sell you goods for a pretty penny. For the previous DS titles I used farming to fund my battling, whereas in Wii specifically it feels a bit more open-ended in design. If you want to farm, you can. If you want to fight, you can. If you want to harass people around town, get a fishing pole, and spend every afternoon out in a boat cruising around for fish, you can. It's a very relaxing, very open experience.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/950/950295p1.html

Well this is out in under 2 weeks in the US, is it true its not out here until September/October?

Looks like I'm going to be importing I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Well this is out in under 2 weeks in the US, is it true its not out here until September/October?

Looks like I'm going to be importing I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Yeah, won't be out here til Autumn time.

IGN have their review up, here's the skinny:

What makes Rune Factory so dangerous though, is the fact that there's just so much to do. You can befriend monsters and use them as livestock around your farm, repair and cultivate your entire chunk of land, focus on upping your skills in cooking, medicine, weapon/armor making, fishing, fighting, or further along the story and prosper the city quickly by dealing with a friendship meter on every main character and monster in the game, going as far as to marry and have a kid with a maiden of your choice. Any of the main "jobs" in the game could be used as a primary source of economy to fuel your experience, and while it's possible to max everything out, it could take 100+ hours to do it.

Harvest Moon games are lengthy by nature which in my book is a good thing. I've not played Rune Factory on DS so I don't know if all the additions and changes are overwhelming or not.

The motions are also simple button press swaps, and don't add much to the experience. As the most annoying aspect for me personally though, the game can be extremely tough to figure out what to do, and who to talk with. I ran around for a few hours trying to find an axe (which is needed to clear out my farm area, eventually gain lumber, expand my farm, build a barn for animals, and start to really progress the farm itself). I couldn't buy it, couldn't ask people about where to get it. Where was it? The church nun had it. Turns out she was too old to farm, and after talking to her a few times she tossed it my way out of the blue. No prompt: just a random giveaway.

Motion controls don't add much and it can be difficult to know what to do. Not sure how much of an issue stuff like the example of getting the axe will be. Could be frustrating, but people who are familiar with Harvest Moon/ RPGs should be well versed in talking to all NPCs. Hopefully there was a hint or two around that made it clear that the Nun would yield the axe.

Yeah, won't be out here til Autumn time.
Hence, I imported it, 32 euros including postage fee's baby :D

I reckon it was cheaper than it'll be when it finally arrives here.