NEurope
Deathborn

Rune Factory Frontier

Thanks for the nice welcome guys! I look forward to following your progress updates, just like the LKS thread!

I can't get over how much there is to find in this game, I'm nearly in summer but it seems I've discovered a new person or location almost every (in-game) day! This is right up there with the N64 game as my fave HM game (i still consider this a kind of spin-off from the series), give it a bit more time and it might just surpass it. The character roster is really impressive, I've warmed up to them far quicker than any of the ones from Tree of Tranquility or Magical Melody. The girls are nice too. I'm torn over who to woo first, Mist is a bit of a cutie but Lara has something about I just can't put my finger on. Maybe it's the temptation to turn a good girl bad? None of them can hold a candle to Popuri though...

Unlike other HM games I'm not gonna be running around trying to do everything as efficiently as possible and following game guides to the letter, which I'd started to do after AWL onwards. This time I'm gonna just go with the flow and enjoy the game, if I make a mistake forgetting to water plants so be it. If I waste a turnip on a girl who throws it back in my face, well at least I tried! And I'm steering clear on character and dungeon spoilers. :)

I really hope Rising Star Games can make a decent bit of money from this, God knows they deserve a bit of success after a stream of wonderful releases (Little Kings Story, Murumasa, Fragile etc.) that seem to have sunk without a trace. Well, apart from the great support they get on here anyway! :D

Seriously if anyone here is on the fence, you will be doing yourself a favour by picking this up.

Another big fan of the game here. I nagged my boyfriend into buying me a Wii for Christmas 2008, 'cause I was hoping for the march '09 release, but now that it's finally here I'm enjoying it very much.

And the most adorable thing in the game so far is the fact that my wooly sneezes when I shave it!!! :love:

Another big fan of the game here. I nagged my boyfriend into buying me a Wii for Christmas 2008, 'cause I was hoping for the march '09 release, but now that it's finally here I'm enjoying it very much.

And the most adorable thing in the game so far is the fact that my wooly sneezes when I shave it!!! :love:

Hey, welcome to the forum! :hehe:

Yeah we've had a fair old wait for Rune Factory Frontier, I've gone off wanting it but the more people that post on here (and as favourably as you all do...) is making me feel the need...

Welcome Eraine!

Yeah, I'd quite like to pick the game up aswell, but reading the comments I think it's gonna be a bit too time consuming!

I've just finished a 50+ hours playthrough of LKS... not sure I want to go into a possibly endless game along the Harvest Moon theme right now?!

I'm curious - the loading times of HM:TOT made the game pretty unplayable.. how does Rune Factory compare?

I'm curious - the loading times of HM:TOT made the game pretty unplayable.. how does Rune Factory compare?

I've played HM:ToT as well, and I find the loading times in RRF way less annoying than in ToT. Also, the routing between the map sections is better, most central sections have a link to three other parts and since there are only 9 sections, it means you can take the route with the least loading time. And the world is smaller, so you don't spend half your day getting from A to B, which leaves time to actually do something :grin:

Oh, and thanks for the welcome everyone!

How is everyone getting on with this? I've just completed the first dungeon and heading into my first summer. Trying not to do too much too quickly, mainly trying to get my head around runey levels, seriously I have like feck all rock runeys anywhere - damn water things...

Now I've completed Fragile Dreams (Awesome game, buy it!) I'll have the weekend free to get a bit more play time on this. How good has 2010 been so far?! What with this, Capcom vs Tatsunoko, ToS DotNW, Fragile, Red Steel 2, Endless Ocean 2, FFCC Crystal Bearers I haven't been off my Wii in months!

How is everyone getting on with this?

Spolier free update: I'm currently in the middle of my first Autumn/Fall (unfortunately a laptop breaking down and spending days sorting out the new one has taken all my time so I've had to leave the Wii alone). Cleared out the first dungeon but still returning to maintain crops there, still working through and positioning myself better for tackling the second dungeon.

I've still only grabbed a couple of house upgrades, befriended a few monsters and made slow but steady progress on a couple of females. I've decided to focus on going after Cinnamon as she seems to share my anti-social tendencies, that'll be an interesting wedding although it is still a while off yet.

Truth be told, I'm spending far too much time just dossing about the village, not doing much so progress has been quite slow, but then I never intended to rush through this anyway.

Reviews tell the game is pretty good except for the Runey system. Any comments on that?

The Runey system is a pain, but once you get used to it, it is bearable, unless you decide to go after 'prosperity' in all areas, you can get through by ignoring the runeys for a few days. I've had a couple of occasions where things got hairy for a while and a couple of areas were close to drying up completely, but I was just about able to attend to them in time.

I haven't both going after 'prosperity' myself, only because I really don't need the hassle, so it has slowed my progress a little, but nothing that has killed crop production completely.

It would have been much simpler if you could have had easy menu access to the Runey map rather than having to either track down Candy or visit the Clock Tower.

I don't feel that the system breaks the game and, depending on how much you want to throw yourself into the game, the extra challenge/strategy may even be considered a bonus.

Is anyone doing Rune Factory Frontier diaries here?

Here's mine, covering the first day of summer.

Here goes:

rufemv0088986636.jpg

Since it's a holiday, Lute is not at the plaza like he usually is, instead he's in front of the church.

I went there to buy furniture and gadgets (blasting my money in the process) including every upgrades I could purchase for the kitchen and forge.

rufemv0098986680.jpg

As expected... Whale Island is not in the sky in holidays.

No dungeon crawling for you!

rufemv0028986699.jpg

New Forge!

rufemv0038986725.jpg

Expanded kitchen, XXL fridge and some other stuff. :D

rufemv0058986968.jpg

outside look

rufemv0118987015.jpg

This luxury mansion just appeared in town, but the door is locked.

rufemv0108987019.jpg

NoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO!

rufemv0138987030.jpg

In my lawn? No you wont!

rufemv0148987048.jpg

Beach, I heard legends that summer equalled to girls barely clothed so I came to experience that.

rufemv0168987051.jpg

where are they!? Oh well... meanwhile I'll try fishing.

rufemv0188987054.jpg

There they are, I always suspected there was a trick to this house!

rufemv0198987058.jpg

Of course! Fueled by Hormones

rufemv0228987063.jpg

rufemv0238987075.jpg

rufemv0248987078.jpg

I can't help it!

rufemv0268987082.jpg

Good to know I met your expectations!

rufemv0288987086.jpg

yup, it's the old hags fault.

rufemv0298987089.jpg

bad thing.

rufemv0328987093.jpg

Thanks for the trust, you were only the 4th chick I peeped on today.

rufemv0338987174.jpg

rufemv0348987256.jpg

Good to know

rufemv0368987275.jpg

Wanna see my attributes? let me show you them!

rufemv0408987284.jpg

Smashing watermelon contest, with a spin...

rufemv0418987291.jpg

... Selphy must try to sabotage the whole thing.

rufemv0428987326.jpg

rufemv0438987333.jpg

Scenery overview (beautiful)

rufemv0458987340.jpg

daaaaark

rufemv0488987356.jpg

bingo

rufemv0468987363.jpg

nice try but you phail.

rufemv0498987389.jpg

She asked me 3 times if I wanted my watermelon with salt till I said yes. wtf.

rufemv0538987400.jpg

This tree should be the entry to the fire dungeon right? watering it doesn't work and it's summer already...

rufemv0518987433.jpg

This wise old demanding grandpa should know... tree rune stone?

rufemv0528987447.jpg

Sidequest... He wants a... Sharp Talon?

rufemv0558987463.jpg

Ok, tree rune stones... Candyyyyy.

rufemv0628987479.jpg

I stuck it into the breach of the tree, it's stuck but saw no immediate changes, I guess I'll check back tomorrow.

rufemv0678987496.jpg

Since I have nothing better to do, I went for a stroll and... I found something!

rufemv0688987513.jpg

:D

rufemv0698987528.jpg

It takes me straight to this place in Whale Island? nice.

rufemv0708987542.jpg

Some people have it real good! (ps: couple bed?)

rufemv0728987557.jpg

Bored and with nothing better to do? let's walk past wolfes! (they're quite strong)

Lost a lot of HP, I should go back.

rufemv0758987570.jpg

... Faggot.

rufemv0778987582.jpg

I wanted to ask her in a jesting way why didn't she go to the beach... and she interrupted me!

rufemv0808987595.jpg

yes please *_*

rufemv0818987607.jpg

Let's put some stuff in the shipbox, some of them are from last season but I need the money

rufemv0858987620.jpg

watering

rufemv0888987632.jpg

smashing rocks

rufemv0908987662.jpg

dig

rufemv0918987675.jpg

Bed time

Undecided if I'll do more/will have the time, but hope you guys appreciate it.

I actually really liked that. Some of the captions made me laugh quite loudly. :heh:

I'm gonna hold out for a while before buying this as I just don't have the time right now, but this is a fine replacement.

Mahooosive bumpage: This is £14.99 over at Amazon, never been a better time to pick up this absolute gem. If you've enjoyed Harvest Moon games in the past this should be essential. HM farming plus awesome RPG and Dungeon elements equals best farming game with rpg bits ever.

Mahooosive bumpage: This is £14.99 over at Amazon, never been a better time to pick up this absolute gem. If you've enjoyed Harvest Moon games in the past this should be essential. HM farming plus awesome RPG and Dungeon elements equals best farming game with rpg bits ever.

I ended up buying this on Saturday. I went over to Amazon to buy Fragile Dreams ( thanks for the heads up, nando ) and then this came up aswell. Seeing as it was £14.99 I thought I would give it a shot.