NEurope
Dyson

The original 151 - How many can you remember?

As a bet at the pub, I named all 493 in Numerical order without missing one in 10 mins :P

of course YOU did :P you pokemon witch!!! ^__^

My strategy is to normally name as many basic Pokémon as I can, then using my pr0 knowledge of what they evolve to I come back to them later.

poke1.jpg

Then try to fill in as many one stage 'mon as I remember, the legendary and the such. Adding any more basics you recall along the way.

poke2.jpg

Then proceed to fill in the blanks, and when I can't think of any more I start going through the gym leaders, plus the Pokérap in my head helps.

poke3.jpg

149 again... shit.

Only 80

pokemonguessaf2.jpg

Not bad considering that during the last 10 years I've played a total of 20 minutes worth of Pokémon. I used to be a massive fan before then. And the stupid things stuck in my head.

Edit: It's strange that some of the least common ones (Exeggutor, Lickitung, Marowak and Cubone) were some of the first ones I remembered (after most of the starting lot, the mews and Pikachu).

I did this a while ago. I forgot 7. Krabby and Paras always sucked, anyway. (I also forgot Porygon and Drowzee/Hypno. I couldn't forgive myself)

I've done it a few more times, usually forgetting Cubone, or Horsea...

And Kangaskhan is a bitch to spell. Thankfully, I just had to remember Kangaroo and Gengis Khan to figure out whre the "h" was.

78, I'm disappointed, I could remember the way loads of them looked but not their names, argh!

pokemondn3.png

Just done it with 3:56 to spare. pr0.

Doing it lots of times is kinda pointless :P

I got exactly 100, and I'm kicking myself because I spent like 30 seconds trying to spell Victribell. How was I supposed to know it had two e's in it? :p

I missed tonnes of obvious ones aswell - I forgot Rattata and Magicarp!

Doing it lots of times is kinda pointless :P

You only do things once, no practising?

Your sex life is going to be immense.

So you compare Pokémon knowledge to sex... YOUR sex life is going to be immense.

Seriously, though, the test is only actually cool the first time, after that it makes no sense to keep taking it.

You compare a game about writing 151 Pokémon from memory to sex?

So you compare Pokémon knowledge to sex... YOUR sex life is going to be immense.

Seriously, though, the test is only actually cool the first time, after that it makes no sense to keep taking it.

BEATEN BY SECONDS! MOTHERFUCKER!

I got 140, without cheating. :yay:

How could I forget Poliwag/whirl/wrath? :shakehead

But I blame that on recently playing avidly through Diamond and Ranger.

It is immense. It's like in A Fish Called Wanda, except instead of Italian it's names of Pokémon.

Why not? It's like taking mock tests when revising.

49 remembered, which I find odd considering I never really played any of the games to any great depth. Most of them are ones I could remember from the Smash Bros. Melee trophy room and from a friend I had who was really into Pokemon and would always go on about them in maths lessons.

And short lived :P

I think I got 30 odd pokemon.

I remember when pokemon was awesome the first time round, in the nineties, I could recite every single one in order. I had a poster of them! Then I got to high school and it was so very uncool to like pokemon. All the kids at the front seat of the bus used to discuss it and get eggs thrown at them XD

Fun times.

you talk about pokemon at a pub?

I envy you

You do when you have friends who go

"Joe here owns the worlds biggest Pokémon site"

to every girl we fucking meet

Bloody friends :/

Then it is followed up by "Who is <InsertArbitraryNumber>?" "<MyAnswer>"

After a few of those they think I'm just making it up, check my site on their iPhone or Laptop, see I'm right then they get to the

"Name them all in order"

You do when you have friends who go

"Joe here owns the worlds biggest Pokémon site"

to every girl we fucking meet

Bloody friends :/

What a chat up line! :D

What a chat up line! :D

It never works :P Believe me lol...although when they hear about my bank balance...but I don't go with those ones...they'd bleed me dry

See the rest of the edited post above too lol

Just to toot my own horn

inyourface.png

Would have done it quicker but my elbow started cramping up

Does this mean I win? :P

It never works :P Believe me lol...although when they hear about my bank balance...but I don't go with those ones...they'd bleed me dry

See the rest of the edited post above too lol

Just to toot my own horn

inyourface.png

Would have done it quicker but my elbow started cramping up

I think you might expect that from someone with their own pokemon website. I have to say I'm impressed, and you don't often hear a woman say that :D

I think you might expect that from someone with their own pokemon website. I have to say I'm impressed, and you don't often hear a woman say that :D

Thanks lol

Give me one from all 4 generations and then I may struggle to get it in the 12 minute time limit :p

I haven't got ALL 493 completely sorted in my head and I tend to slip up a tad and have to stop and think around the 310-350 mark (not a fan of the RSE Pokémon so much, they're mostly forgettable), but then I'm home free up to 493