NEurope
Serebii

Stars Catalogue/Updates

Still trying to decide, are these metal or plastic do you think?
Not sure. :blank: However, it does state that they're miniature versions of the trophies for the MK7 competitions, which I'm assuming are metal.

So yeah, I'm thinking these are also metal, but I wouldn't be at all surprised (or disappointed for that matter) if they turn out to be plastic. They look nice and shiny anyway, that's all that matters. :hehe:

Wish we got that Mario 8-bit cushion in our catalogue!

Or the polo shirts.

Basically something actually useable! :p

Slightly better image:

dmqzV.jpg

I went for the Special Cup. :)

Shell was very tempting... if it was the superior red shell, I would have got it. ;)

But even so, Special cup is the greater achievement trophy-wise in MK, and a Mario Kart player of my caliber has to have the ultimate award on display. :heh:

What did everyone else go for? Anyone get all 3?

Innitially I thought the Special Trophy was the one to go for, but then I thought it wasn't recognisable enough as a Mario Kart trophy really; had it been a Star trophy then maybe, but as it is I think I'd take the Shell and Leaf trophies over it.

Think my choice would be the Leaf Cup, but I don't have enough points right now.

I think they're gonna be plastic if I'm honest.

I have managed to buy 2 , im really upset tho as i have about 15 unused pointrs cards that have expired, whats the bloody point of this nintendo , it wouldnt be so bad if the points on the accoun didnt expire once you register them.

How the hell is anyone meant to afford the best items with such harsh restrictions, for shame on you nintendo

Instead of hording stars, you should hord your cash and, when something cool comes out, go out to your gamestore and buy a shit load o' games!

NINTENDO doesn't want steady sales, they want PEAKS!

610 short of 5000 with 240 expiring at the end of July.

Not fair.

i could lend you 750 stars , and you could give me the next 3 codes you get from retail games ,

Well, seeing as I'll lose 900 stars at the and of July and probably more afterwards I've decided to buy some Nintendo Points Cards.

I still want to check out Fluidity and a polar bear in a speedo, though I think I might for Retro City Rampage.

I currently have 6600 stars and I've been saving them up for quite some time for something awesome, but the amount of sh!t just kept coming whilst America and Japan got Iwata's lovejuice by the buckets :(

I think that, from now on, I'll just note the experation date of when you're still allowed to register your product.

That way I can buy the games, but still save up a whole lot of stars without registering them.

And when that fateful comes, I'll register all the stars and get me some truly memorable things worth having.

Stickers. ...PUULLLEAAASSSEEE!!!

Edited by Fused King

Awesome! :o

Still waiting for my Special Cup, seeing that pic has made the wait even more difficult. :D

@yesteryeargames, do they come in a box, or just inside a jiffy bag?

Edited by RedShell

They come in box, they are tiny but cool , will post a pic when i have the full set
Indeed. I ended up getting my one today too! :yay::

95pRZ.jpg

Really nice item, definitely the coolest thing that I've ever got from the Stars Catalogue anyway. :smile:

NEeyH.jpg

Loving it. :D

Damn it, just registered a ton a of games who stars I was saving up but still didn't reach 5000 (only have 4100)

its bullshit how Stars expire now I lost like 2000 or 3000 stars a few months back... if they didn't expire I'd have me one of those cups.

Hell if they didn't expire I'd prolly have enough Stars to get all the cups :mad:

Also does anyone know if you are meant to get Stars for when you download stuff from the 3DS eShop?

Also does anyone know if you are meant to get Stars for when you download stuff from the 3DS eShop?
Think you get 50 for VC games, or perhaps I'm getting confused with surveys... :blank:

The expiring VIP codes thing is incredibly stupid though, same for the actual stars. What's the point? :nono:

I remember they gave Stars for VC games on the Wii Shop Channel cause I remember getting Stars for some before.

But I don't see any stars added for 3DS downloads such as the 3 3D Classics I have or the Zen & Marvel Pinball downloads.

(I haven't bought a VC game, Wii or 3DS, in a long time...actually not yet bought a VC game on the 3DS)

Hang on the 4000+ stars I have on my club Nintendo account will eventually expire?

It's stupid the points expire. I mean, Ninty update the catalog a few times a year, all the good stuff is a lot of points. And when they do update the catalog, our points expire preventing purchases of the stuff.

I am hoping to get my hands on the Game & Watch replica game thingy... ma bob...

This thing:

5431124015_3909887181_o.jpg

But it's 7500 points and I only have 6800 so I'm a little off :(.

I do have the SNES controller though which set me back 7000 points last year! My points were due to expire so I snapped that bad boy up.

But yeah, it sucks that's points expire.

Those trophies from MK7 look great! :yay:

My Shell cup arrived today. Heavier than I thought it would be, nice detail on the shell too.

SN852813.jpg

Hang on the 4000+ stars I have on my club Nintendo account will eventually expire?

iwata-laughs.png

Ive just received and email saying that the collectors coin set for Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandoras Tower will be shipping earlier than expected and that it should be with me within the next month.

Ive just received and email saying that the collectors coin set for Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandoras Tower will be shipping earlier than expected and that it should be with me within the next month.

What??? Runs of the room to check it out.

Wait. I remember this. Wasn't that just for people who bought all 3 games?

What??? Runs of the room to check it out.

Wait. I remember this. Wasn't that just for people who bought all 3 games?

Yeah, that is was.

^Got Xenoblade. Got Last Story LE. Never got Pandora's Tower though. Not actually even played those 2 yet. I'm just so swamped and backlogged with games. Every year I end up selling more off for money that I never got around to playing. I try to hang on to those I 100% want to play though. My big 3 Wii games I own still to play: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Skyward Sword.