NEurope
Serebii

Stars Catalogue/Updates

I was worried something better would come along, tbh I'm happy with the coasters that are hopefully on their way, think it's the best thing that's been on there for me.

Damn, I don't have anywhere near enough stars to get that coin. Oh well, I'll probably get something from the eshop with the remainder.

Spent my last 4500 points on the coin and some "?" block coasters :) Site's crawling, took a few attempts!

Years ago I let probably about 10,000 points expire whilst holding on for something good to come along. Glad I didn't miss out on this last thing.

I remember back in the early days of the Stars catalog you got stars just for signing into the the website every day. I remember someone on these forums had it set up so Nintendo.co.uk was their home page, so anytime they went online they automatically got some stars without having to think about it. I'm sure they had a ton saved up, but back then the stars catalog was mostly known for having desktop wallpaper to buy rather then psychical items. Of course, by the time they started offering decent items they also introduced the expiry date on star points.

I had 5050 stars, I just ended up buying a MK8 trophy. I kind of liked the badges, but I wouldn't have had anything that I wanted and could afford with the remaining 1050.

Same here!! ARGH!!! Can you still add stars?!?!

Yes, spent a few tedious hours logging over 10000 stars worth of cards this afternoon. As long as the date hasn't expired you're fine. A few of the expired ones still work as well, so it's worth still trying them.

Also, console codes... always try those, I managed to register a GBA Micro, several DS variants of systems, a 3DS... I think Gamecube console codes still work as well.

Whelp! No point holding out anymore!

Time to start trudging through all my unused stars codes. I've only just gotten through all my digital ones, now I have about 3+ years of physical games to get through...

This could take a while...

Edit: I still have DS games I haven't done!? Oh dear...

Edited by Dcubed

Hey everyone. I've been on here in the back round for quite sometime, managed to dig up my login details so I could comment on here :)

Firstly if you have codes from 2015 for 3DS and Wii U games 1st party you'll be out of luck as they can't be registered.

If you got 3rd party game codes though there is no expiration date on these codes so they should work.

Also if you have any codes from pre-2015 and they've expired if you can provide proof of purchase then e-mail Nintendo's customer support and they'll provide new codes 1st or 3rd Party.

(That's how I got my Bayonetta 1,2 NES Remix 3DS and a Batman LEGO code working again, that had expired)

Also if you got any consoles: (Console codes don't expire)[You can register all of them, but only two of each system.]

Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, Gameboy Micro = Worth 400points (except Micro worth 300)

Gamecube is worth 400

DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL = Worth 500 points

(The original DS and DS Lite count as the same so you can't register two original DS's then try to register a DS Lite it won't accept it, DSi and DSi XL are not seen as the same and you register two of each of them.)

2DS, 3DS, 3DS XL are also counted as separate and you can register two of each system as well.

Worth = 750 points

Finally the Wii and Wii Mini are worth the most 1000 points you can register two of them as well.

It also appears you can register some games twice. I was able to register Animal Crossing New Leaf twice. No idea how...lol

If you've got any game codes codes older than DS and Wii era such as Gameboy Advance and Gamecube try them but they are pretty much expired by now. Again try them if they are 3rd party games though.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by LD560

Yeah, entering these codes (in combinations of expired, you didn't do it in CAPS even though EVERYONE IS FUCKING ALL CAPS SO WHATS THE POINT OF CASE SENSITIVITY, and "already expired) and it's fucking borrrrring.

If I don't scramble together enough for the Kirby Blankie I'm killing someone....

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON, I CANNOT ADD THE BLANKET TO MY BASKET AND I CANNOT SEE MY UPDATED BALANCE.

FINAL BALANCE WAS 4600. LITERALLY JUST ENOUGH.

FUCK MY LIFE IF I CANNOT GET THIS. FUCK EVERYONE. THIS IS HOW PEOPLE GO ON KILLING SPREES.

And right there is the real secret reason Club Nintendo is ending.

@LD560, thanks for that. I emailed about Bayonetta 1 & 2 as I was surprised about how quickly they expired. I figured I could also asked about a digital game I bought from there thinking it was something else (I said they could remove it from my account if possible, no harm in asking).

And right there is the real secret reason Club Nintendo is ending.

Good bloody riddance too!

Finally got it all done. Horrible experience that I wouldn't wish upon anyone! :shakehead

Got most of what I wanted. Had to forgo the Captain Toad lamp and the coasters though sadly as the stars budget just couldn't stretch far enough :(

Whatever they replace it with, it can't be any worse! (and the price/reward ratio is insane! You have to buy like 20 games just to be able to afford the Kirby blanket for Christ's sake!! )

Good bloody riddance too!

Finally got it all done. Horrible experience that I wouldn't wish upon anyone! :shakehead

Got most of what I wanted. Had to forgo the Captain Toad lamp and the coasters though sadly as the stars budget just couldn't stretch far enough :(

Whatever they replace it with, it can't be any worse! (and the price/reward ratio is insane! You have to buy like 20 games just to be able to afford the Kirby blanket for Christ's sake!! )

Could be worse. We could have been in North America.

Could be worse. We could have been in North America.

Well their system was much smoother and worked much better than ours (plus the prices were much more sane as well). The European one was still firmly rooted in the ancient Nintendo VIP system that Nintendo UK first introduced...

But to be fair, we did get "Club Nintendo" (well, Nintendo VIP :p ) first and we did end up largely getting better rewards than the U.S did in the end (though it still pails in comparison to what Japan got). It wasn't a bad little thing at all (actually was pretty ahead of its time, what with the likes of Disney creating their own sort of similar system) and ended up giving out some great stuff; it was just super duper clunky :p

It desperately needed to be scrapped and restarted from scratch though!

Edited by Dcubed

@LD560, thanks for that. I emailed about Bayonetta 1 & 2 as I was surprised about how quickly they expired. I figured I could also asked about a digital game I bought from there thinking it was something else (I said they could remove it from my account if possible, no harm in asking).

I can't really see them going full Nintendo-police when it comes to codes. As you said no harm in asking :)

At the end of the day they've really got to shift this stuff haven't they?

I wonder what will happen to all the merchandise that is left over?

Found one, phew!! Come on coin!

Put it in and it said it had expired :( Bayonetta 2

Don't give up. E-mail Customer Support. Provide them with proof of purchase, such as a screenshot of where you got it from such as Amazon or Game (just blank out details you don't want them to have) and just pray they issue you a new code.

Your purchase must be before 2015 though. :)

Edited by LD560

I wonder what will happen to all the merchandise that is left over?

There was a rumour that the Nintendo UK store is doing an "N-box" (like a LootCrate), which seems well timed for the end of the Stars Catalogue.

I remember back in the early days of the Stars catalog you got stars just for signing into the the website every day. I remember someone on these forums had it set up so Nintendo.co.uk was their home page, so anytime they went online they automatically got some stars without having to think about it. I'm sure they had a ton saved up, but back then the stars catalog was mostly known for having desktop wallpaper to buy rather then psychical items. Of course, by the time they started offering decent items they also introduced the expiry date on star points.

Haha, that's really similar to what I used to do! In the early days they even had a leaderboard of those who had the most. I was so pleased as at one point I was 3rd (It really was that sad that I was actually pleased about this!).

Yeh the majority of items were just throwaway oddities, but it did have a few gems in there. I'm thankful to the scheme as I got my VIP DS through it before it was released in the UK, got to attend the 3DS demonstration event in London, and my New 3DS from it!

Yes for every soundtrack, I wasted stars on Cooking Guide oven cloths & easily breakable DS box book-ends! Haha! Oh well, I started on Day 1 and now managed to order my Goodbye coin and Endings soundtrack at the very end. They didn't have to do anything for their customers, but thanks Nintendo for giving us the scheme.