NEurope
Serebii

Stars Catalogue/Updates

That's actually really poor from Nintendo. Why bother having it available until September if it's pretty much useless now? I didn't bother rushing to register codes because it said we had that long. I haven't registered Majora's Mask yet so that's points wasted, plus whatever else I have lying around the house.

Same here, something I keep meaning to do but not found the time. Was actually going to do it this week. Does this literally apply to all paper codes there ever was? I've still got shit knocking about in some of my Gamecube cases!

Same here, something I keep meaning to do but not found the time. Was actually going to do it this week. Does this literally apply to all paper codes there ever was? I've still got shit knocking about in some of my Gamecube cases!

I think you can still register codes until the 20th of this month, I just registered my copy of Link Between worlds an hour ago.

Its the expiry date on the slip of paper that the code comes on you have to pay attention to.

CBhPCbDXEAEGpXW.jpg

In the past, the code that came with Nintendo games didn't expire for a good few years after a games release. so in my case I just assumed that Captain Toad, Smash Brothers and Majora's mask would be fine to register anytime before the 20th of April, being that these games are all under 4 months old.

But it seems Nintendo made it so recently released games have a relativity short time to register them and the three titles I mention all expired last night. Just check the expire date on your games and you'll know what games you can still register.

Edited by Helmsly

I looked at the codes on my 3rd party codes and they don't expire until next year at least, so these should be fine? I think it's now that the recent releases as Nintendo realised they were shutting down the service, they slapped codes on for 31/03/15. So they're honouring codes from over 2 years ago but someone who bought Zelda Majora's Mask last month is screwed? That's pretty unfair.

So they're honouring codes from over 2 years ago but someone who bought Zelda Majora's Mask last month is screwed? That's pretty unfair.

Yeah that's seems to be what they've done, which as you said is pretty unfair.

Edited by Helmsly

Just checked Nintendo Land from launch and that doesn't expire until 30/05/16. Bizarre way of doing things.

[TWEET]583257583860989952[/TWEET]

Nintendo Europe has added a new physical reward to its Stars catalogue. You can now order a*Mario Kart 8 Folder & Bookmark Set from Club Nintendo which will set you back 1500 Stars. The description says the*package comprises two sturdy card folders sporting Mario and Bowser, plus other characters from Mario Kart 8. There’s also a pair of spiffy bookmarks to complete the combo. The folders measure 24cm x 30cm, and the bookmarks are 5cm x 15cm.

I was saving all mine up. Guess most are useless then. Bloody Nintendo. Why they'd have BBE dates is beyond me. All that crap of actual redeemed points lasting a year too...forcing you to spend on crap or lose them, so when something decent comes you have zilch. Basically means if you aren't buying EVERY Nintendo title as they're released you have no chance of anything decent. At this point you think they'd just allow every code unless they've used that game one, it's just digital games Nintendo has profited on for decades; quit being so stingy.

It really is silly that Majora's Mask codes have now expired - if you'd got it on a download code you probably could still get stars for it - I'm going back and claiming the stars for digital purchases and I'm all the way back at Pokédex 3D! Why so much inconsistency?

These are probably the most tedious surveys in the world, though. How many times do I need to tell them I'm 24!?!??!?!?!!

Will move onto the physical codes afterwards, but I'm up to 7000 stars, with 300 expiring this month. Don't think I've ever actually bought anything from the Stars Catalogue... actually I tell a lie, I got some Wii points once. I wonder how many points I've had expire over the years....

double post: I've just been on a mass registration, I think I've been through all of my Wii/Wii U/3DS/DS games. 14 codes found that hadn't been registered which I still could, luckily most codes had already been registered but a fair few had expired unfortunately, including the recent ones of Majora's Mask and Bayonetta/2. Funnily enough I could still register Pokémon Diamond and Pearl but not Black and White, Elite Beat Agents and Phantom Hourglass also worked but the Layton games had expired, and it just did not recognise the codes for Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros DS.

Over 10,000 stars now, might have some GC/GBA ones around but not hopeful that the codes will still work if it's not recognising the early DS ones. I think lots of the GBA boxes might be in the loft so doubt I'll bother with them if they are!

Edited by Mr-Paul
Automerged Doublepost

Just click any old shit for the survey. They make a system that makes you do a survey every time and they should rightfully get back BS.

Just click any old shit for the survey. They make a system that makes you do a survey every time and they should rightfully get back BS.

That's all I ever done and just slammed any old letter in whenever I did have to write something.

Yeah, I clicked any old box for the survey, didn't make it any less tedious though!

CB7jzcVW0AEaOAX.jpg:large

Disc 1

1. Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shōjo – staff roll

2. For the Frog the Bell Tolls – staff roll

3. Super Mario World – ending

4. F-Zero – ending

5. Super Metroid – ending

6. Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War – The Continent Afterward

7. Super Mario 64 – staff roll

8. Yoshi’s Story – Yoshi’s Story

9. Luigi’s Mansion – staff roll

10. Super Mario Sunshine – staff roll

11. Metroid Prime – ending staff roll

12. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat – staff roll

13. Daigasso! Band Brothers – Barbara Bat Theme

14. Brain Age 2 – staff credits

15. Personal Trainer: Cooking – kitchen song

16. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks – staff roll

Disc 2

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess – staff roll

2. Super Mario Galaxy – Super Mario Galaxy

3. Wii Remote Plus Control Variety Pack – staff roll

4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – staff roll

5. Star Fox 64 3D – staff credits

6. Sakura Saurai: Art of the Sword – cherry bloom

7. Mario Kart 7 – staff roll

8. Find Mii II – ending

9. Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Town Tree

10. Tomodachi Life – staff credits

11. The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D – staff roll

12. Pikmin 3 – staff roll

13. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – staff roll

14. NES Remix 1 + 2 – record roll

This is one of Japan's Club Nintendo final rewards. You never know, it might wing its way over here.

Remember today is your last day to register your points cards.

Just can't get enough of these surveys. :laughing:

Thought it was September ?

It's the last day to register them but you can still use them up until September in the Stars catalogue.

Cheers for the heads-up Wii. :)

Panic now ensues as everyone tries to redeem their points on the website. :indeed:

Now to find all of my VIP pins... :blank:

Today is the last day surveys appear for digital purchases. You can still redeem physical codes so long as they are still valid.

April 20th 2015: Termination of the registration of digital products downloaded from Nintendo eShop. Digital products obtained from Nintendo eShop after this date will no longer appear in the My Registered Games & Systems page in Club Nintendo. In addition, surveys for download software titles will no longer be available.

Strange, just activated the PIN from Captain Toad even though it strictly said it would expire 31-03-2015! :yay:

Today is the last day surveys appear for digital purchases. You can still redeem physical codes so long as they are still valid.

Oh... so panic over then?

For now... :heh:

----------------

Edit - claimed 1500 from digital surveys, 22 to go, they'll have to wait till tonight.

Edited by S.C.G

Annnnd I'm done! Just in time by the looks of things...

3400 stars all from digital surveys. :awesome:

3400 stars all from digital surveys. :awesome:
Nice. icon14.gif

I managed to collect a few extra stars by getting some of the digital surveys done just in time too. :)

Now to continue playing the waiting game for that MK8 soundtrack CD... It's gotta happen, right? :hmm:

Nice. icon14.gif

I managed to collect a few extra stars by getting some of the digital surveys done just in time too. :)

Now to continue playing the waiting game for that MK8 soundtrack CD... It's gotta happen, right? :hmm:

I hope so... I'm really into collecting game soundtracks at the moment so this would be ideal, the larger question is, will we get the Mario Kart 8 soundtrack and the Nintendo sound selection which they seemed to get in Japan too, the one with themes from various Nintendo games, I'd love to get both if they do as I still have possibly enough stars left unredeemed from a few 3DS/Wii U games. :)

Put doing the rest of my codes for ages, but realizing the digital ones were gonna end I did the lot. Which was a LOT. I guess if I'd have done them earlier most of the points would have been removed by Nintendo's "points sell by date" by now. The amount of star points I've lost due to that and out of date codes is...quite a good few.

Ended up with 9900 points total. I did check my list and I was clearly missing my Wii U console pack, and my New 3DS pack codes. No idea wat happened to them.

I got two different coloured 3DS carry/cover things, art academy, super mario 3D world soundtrack. I've had a few prizes over the years VIP DS, that weird toy stand with mario characters on it, pokemon sticker set.

It was badly implemented. The out of date codes and sell-by-date stars were shockingly bad management deliberately designed to rid people of stars so nobody had enough for the "good stuff" which they deliberately got low stock of, presumably thinking they didn't need as many because of their nefarious mismanagement I just listed, just to save money. Oh well, I got some free stuff, so thanks Nintendo.

800 points left. Guess I can afford something else if I find those missing star point cards.

CB7jzcVW0AEaOAX.jpg:large

Disc 1

1. Famicom Tantei Club Part II: Ushiro ni Tatsu Shōjo – staff roll

2. For the Frog the Bell Tolls – staff roll

3. Super Mario World – ending

4. F-Zero – ending

5. Super Metroid – ending

6. Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War – The Continent Afterward

7. Super Mario 64 – staff roll

8. Yoshi’s Story – Yoshi’s Story

9. Luigi’s Mansion – staff roll

10. Super Mario Sunshine – staff roll

11. Metroid Prime – ending staff roll

12. Donkey Kong Jungle Beat – staff roll

13. Daigasso! Band Brothers – Barbara Bat Theme

14. Brain Age 2 – staff credits

15. Personal Trainer: Cooking – kitchen song

16. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks – staff roll

Disc 2

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess – staff roll

2. Super Mario Galaxy – Super Mario Galaxy

3. Wii Remote Plus Control Variety Pack – staff roll

4. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – staff roll

5. Star Fox 64 3D – staff credits

6. Sakura Saurai: Art of the Sword – cherry bloom

7. Mario Kart 7 – staff roll

8. Find Mii II – ending

9. Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Town Tree

10. Tomodachi Life – staff credits

11. The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D – staff roll

12. Pikmin 3 – staff roll

13. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – staff roll

14. NES Remix 1 + 2 – record roll

This is one of Japan's Club Nintendo final rewards. You never know, it might wing its way over here.

I actually would have liked that one. Oh well. I just wanted it done and dusted. But then again, 800 points, some missing console points, and likely points from games that still have them I'll be buying before September...I could end up with a nice little stash again.

OH RIGHT...I have a code, no idea WHAT, but it said I couldn't enter two, so first come first served...

8MX1AGHTM39PJO0Z

It really is silly that Majora's Mask codes have now expired - if you'd got it on a download code you probably could still get stars for it - I'm going back and claiming the stars for digital purchases and I'm all the way back at Pokédex 3D! Why so much inconsistency?

These are probably the most tedious surveys in the world, though. How many times do I need to tell them I'm 24!?!??!?!?!!

Will move onto the physical codes afterwards, but I'm up to 7000 stars, with 300 expiring this month. Don't think I've ever actually bought anything from the Stars Catalogue... actually I tell a lie, I got some Wii points once. I wonder how many points I've had expire over the years....

double post: I've just been on a mass registration, I think I've been through all of my Wii/Wii U/3DS/DS games. 14 codes found that hadn't been registered which I still could, luckily most codes had already been registered but a fair few had expired unfortunately, including the recent ones of Majora's Mask and Bayonetta/2. Funnily enough I could still register Pokémon Diamond and Pearl but not Black and White, Elite Beat Agents and Phantom Hourglass also worked but the Layton games had expired, and it just did not recognise the codes for Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros DS.

Over 10,000 stars now, might have some GC/GBA ones around but not hopeful that the codes will still work if it's not recognising the early DS ones. I think lots of the GBA boxes might be in the loft so doubt I'll bother with them if they are!

My MM worked. Only like two of my last lot ran out. Even Metal Gear Solid 3D one still worked. Surprised how old some codes were, didn't realise how long it was since I last coded up.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

I'm sitting on around 8,000 or so stars at the moment. If nothing good comes along soon I'm just going to blast them away on whatever is available. Not holding out much hope for more awesome physical goods now.

Edited by Guy

My stuff came today. My, my that is a big tracklist for the Super Mario 3D World soundtrack. Nice quality console pouches, too. Got dark blue and my bro light blue. Been using Black/White 2 pouches (that I now realze I didn't send when I sold my Black 2 copy...) but will probably switch to this.