NEurope
Serebii

Stars Catalogue/Updates

30,000 stars!!... Get lost!!

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/club_nintendo/starsCatalogueLogin.do;jsessionid=F84E30CE9FE26002CD6E4721E2EB9C8D.worker2

Hardware: Giratina Origin Forme Nintendo DS Lite

DSlite_PKMNSE_large.png

Mark yourself out as a true Pokémon fan with this special edition Nintendo DS Lite! Glossy white, with a silver Giratina Origin Forme emblazoned on it, this DS is a true original that will have your friends green with envy. Note: This is a Japanese-version Nintendo DS Lite, but comes supplied with a European charger, European-language manual and approval for European use.

I think the question is, with stars expiring, does anyone even have that amount nowadays?

I think the question is, with stars expiring, does anyone even have that amount nowadays?

I'd be very surprised if anyone was able to afford this item. Let's use myself as an example. Even with my massive stars total (over 50,000 earned since Cube launch) I only have 3,000 to spend since naturally I've spent the stars over the years.

Even if anyone was to start trying to amass 30,000 stars I would expect them to expire before they reached the total of 30,000.

Special edition consoles never used to cost that much on the old Stars Shatalogue... I'm still waiting for the Game & Watch Collection and/or Tingle's Balloon Fight. :) (It's probably safe to say that Exclamation Warriors will never see a release here.)

Update:

The Stars Catalogue has updated with two sets of foam cut-outs to decorate your walls. Each set contains 3 cout-outs of various Mario characters (and Link) and costs 4500 stars.

Link

Ordered the Red and Yellow Pikmin. My Blue one arrived a few weeks ago. Now I have no stars left :(

Baten Kaito soundtrack has been added for 2800 stars. There's also a Pokemon birthday calender for 300 points.

Nintendo Umbrella for 3000 stars was added the other day.

Also just a heads-up, my Nintendo newsletter this month says 4500 of my 6000 stars are expiring at the end of November, so I imagine it might be a similar situation for some other people. I guess I will have have to order something now instead of waiting/hoping for a SNES classic controller to be added :sad:

What I don't understand is how Japan's Club Nintendo is still SO much better than our Stars Catalogue. In fact even Australia's Stars Catalogue seems better despite launching just 8 months ago and still having only 5 items:-

http://club.nintendo.com.au/NOE/en_AU/club_nintendo/stars_catalogue_320.html

Game & Watch Collection for 2500 stars, yes please!

Come on Nintendo Europe, I dont want Wii Fit Flip-Flops, a Pokemon Postcard, or a SSBB Notepad (All of which are probably left over retailer promotional items from the game launches) I want real unique Nintendo items (That can't be bought from shops) for a fair 'Star' price, and for them to be kept 'in stock' for a reasonable period of time :hmm:

Edited by Link83
Typo

Yeah, 4600 of mine are expiring this month, too, for the first time. I suppose I'm just going to just spend them on Nintendo points, but they're all so expensive! I think I'll buy the cards, then maybe get Sin and Punishment and Minis March Again during the next software drought. Looking at Australia's catalogue, that's much better than ours, even with five items!

Edited by Mike

Yeah just checked, I have 1015 expiring at the end of the month.

The stars catalogue is so aweful though!

Yep.

Four of those five things on the Australian site are better than all the stuff on ours. :(

Looks like I have some stars expiring soon too. :weep:

Looking at Australia's catalogue, that's much better than ours, even with five items!
Seems like stuff is much more reasonably priced on there as well. :blank:

I'd love to get the Game & Watch Collection. :awesome:

I stopped registering my stars eons ago when I got shafted out of thousands of stars which I had put on from the GC era as well as after this with a ton of 1st party Wii games.

Now I keep the points for when something good appears. Can't see it happening.

Just a quick reminder - only two weeks left of November for people with expiring Stars :sad:

Seems like stuff is much more reasonably priced on there as well. :blank:

I'd love to get the Game & Watch Collection. :awesome:

Yeah, they really are much more reasonably priced, especially when you consider that Australia's 'Game & Watch Collection' costs just 2500 stars, and the only thing we can get for the same price are some small plastic 'Hanging Boxing Gloves'! Even the 'Super Smash Bros. Brawl Notepad' is 3000 stars on our catalogue.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering - it is a fair comparison as Australia gets the same amount of stars points per game as we do.

I stopped registering my stars eons ago when I got shafted out of thousands of stars which I had put on from the GC era as well as after this with a ton of 1st party Wii games.

Now I keep the points for when something good appears. Can't see it happening.

Good idea and I had the same thought, but theres one slight problem - star code leaflets expire now so it doesn't make much difference if you register them or not, you cant even register GC/GBA games codes anymore :cry:

Does anyone know exactly how long it is after a games release before the star code leaflet expires, or is it different for every game? Is there a list of Wii/DS game star leaflet expiry dates? It would be good to know what the maximum amount of time you can keep/use stars for with the 'leaflet expiry date' and '2 years once redeemed to account' dates added together, if that makes sense.

gold zelda statue and mario galaxy cds are quality :)

I agree that they are quite good, but they are basically the only two items worth getting, and the Zelda statue is very expensive now considering that a lot of peoples stars have expired. Even if you bought all Nintendo games that include stars leaflets released in the last 2 years I think it would be extremely difficult to raise the 15000 stars needed for the Zelda statue before they would start to expire.

Also, I cannot understand why the 2CD Mario Galaxy Platinum Soundtrack is out of stock on the UK Stars Catalogue. When you consider how cheap CD's are to manufacture it should be easy to keep it in stock all the time. Whats most annoying is that all the other European Star Catalogue's still have the 2CD Mario Galaxy Platinum Soundtrack available :angry:

...and then you compare our Stars Catalogue to the Japanese Club Nintendo:-

http://club.nintendo.jp/member/exec/entranceNaviPrivilege

and a quick look at the USA Club Nintendo:-

https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

Need I say more?

Anyway, it looks like I will be buying the normal 1CD Mario Galaxy Soundtrack with my expiring stars points as thats the only thing im even remotely interested in :hmm:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgive me if I sound like im ranting, its just having stuck with the Stars Catalogue since it was first introduced with the GameCube and having seen all the promises for real 'exclusive Nintendo items' being added I do feel let down.

I remember waiting for Nintendo to add Wavebird controllers to the Stars Catalogue in 2002, refreshing the page all day to find that only 25 were available and the website crashed before I was able to buy one. The same thing happened to me when I tried to purchase the Zelda Collectors Edition, and the Mario GameCube controller was sold out within 10 minutes before I even had a chance.

Then Nintendo changed the terms and conditions and said stars would be expiring - they set a date for this but then changed it again, and again. The only thing available on the Stars Catalogue at the time were wallpapers and ringtones - and then without warning 11000 of my stars expired just before the new catalogue launch. I'm sure I cant be the only person all this happened to. So much for being a "Nintendo VIP"

Glad to get that of my chest! :grin:

Edited by Link83

The same thing happened to me when I tried to purchase the Zelda Collectors Edition, and the Mario GameCube controller was sold out within 10 minutes before I even had a chance.

I managed to grab one of those bad boys, never even took it out of the box.

I managed to grab one of those bad boys, never even took it out of the box.

:o I really wanted one of those, I even emailed Nintendo to ask if they would be getting any more in stock (If you ever consider selling it please let me know ;))

One of the worst things about the old stars catalogue is how Nintendo used to email everyone to let you know when new items would be added, but their website couldnt handle all the traffic and it crashed almost every time. In the end instead of improving their website Nintendo just added items randomly, which is why I never got the Mario GameCube controller :cry:

Edited by Link83

I managed to get one of those Mario controllers - it's just stuffed away under the TV now. I didn't realise they were selling for around £50 on eBay! Maybe I might just sell mine after all..

I've still got some stars to spend by the end of the month. I'm just desperately holding out in case Nintendo adds something worth getting, but I bet I'm going to end up forgetting to spend them!

Just to update, I managed to spend most of my 4500 expiring stars on the 1 CD Mario Galaxy Soundtrack, it wasn't my first choice of item but it seemed to be the best thing I could afford with my stars.

...However, now that I only have just over 1500 stars left Nintendo have decided to add a new item to the UK Stars Catalogue:-

Software: Game & Watch Collection - 5000 stars

SI_gameandwatchcollection.jpg

Go back to the ‘80s with this collection of three Game & Watch titles on one Nintendo DS Game Card. Relive your youth or discover these classics for the first time as you enjoy Oil Panic, Donkey Kong and Green House, all originally released in 1982.

:angry:

I was thinking even before my stars expired that Nintendo might do something like this (Add a good item just after my stars expire) but thought I was probably just being too cynical, I guess not :hmm:

It doesnt explain why the UK Game & Watch Collection is twice the star price of the Australian version - both our stars are worth the same (They get the same amount of stars per game purchase/value as we do)

Lastly, just to rub salt into the wound, another 550 stars of mine are expiring at the end of this month :cry:

Edited by Link83

I think that 5000 stars is a bit steep for three old Game and Watch games, so I'll be holding onto my 5100 stars for a bit longer, I think. Glad NOE seem to be making a bit more of an effort with updates recently, though.

Yeah Yesteryeargames posted this in the Wii general discussion, this was my reply:

Thanks Yesteryeargames!! :santa:

Seeing that out of my 5100 stars, I have almost 2500 expiring at the end of this month (and you can't really buy anything decent for 2500 stars and it'll take a while to buid them up again), I decided to get the DS game!

I now have a grand total of... 100 stars! :grin:

Check when your stars expire, it might just be worth getting something while you can!

Awww I'm 4000 stars off getting one, curse you Pikmin toys for using up my stars!

For sme reason i cant get anything with my stars, anyone else have a problem. Whats going on? Keeps saying failed to send data or something.