N-Europe

Stars Catalogue/Updates

Serebii

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it’s a year. I lost some earlier this year. I was checking my points whenever the newsletter came around (it tells you when points will expire), then I didn’t check one month, and I lost most of them. I hadn’t many left to start with, 1200, but that was enough for at least some Nintendo points :(.

i lost 700/800 stars in june, there was nothing at all that i wanted, i had over 9000.

This month theres pikmin and new 3ds game cases to actually spend them on

Next time, buy some Nintendo Points for the Wii and send them to me :heh:

Edited by nekunando

OH FFS!!!!

I've had 1500 stars expire over the last couple of months and can no longer get this!! Argh!!!!!

Why... why the FUCK. I pay my money, you don't update your catalogue, and then you take my stars away.

I agree. Them making stars expire is ridiculous

So use wisely, get a max of 4 years out of them on new releases :)

I gave up on Stars a long time ago, right when they introduced expiry, just as all the complaints above, they all expired before anything decent came on. It was as if they expected me to spend all my points on wallpapers :/

I'm shocked that Nintendo are still operating this way with their Stars Catalogue. It's a fucking travesty. They're almost forcing you to buy shit because you've got a timer on your stars and you could end up getting absolutely nothing with them. As far as reward schemes go, it's complete bollocks.

Whhhy does there have to be a timer? Why can't you save up your points and use them for something amazing when it eventually does come along? Look at Sainsburys with their nectar points. Fantastic system in many different senses. You get points that can go towards a plethora of items. Why doesn't Nintendo do something like that?

"Oh, you've purchased a game off the eShop, here are 10 points."

"Well done for purchasing NSMBU retail, here's 300 points. The digital version will give you 400 points."

"You've saved up 1000 points. This gives you £10 off your next eShop purchase."

"You've saved up 10,000 points. You can now purchase a Pro Controller."

Something like that. An actual rewards system that builds up and where you can actually buy worthwhile shit. It's beneficial. If Nintendo want to push their digital distribution service, this would be a great way to go about it.

Who the fuck cares about wallpapers? What is this, 2002?

Ummm, at least there is a fucking stars catalogue! And there's been some crazy good stuff on there in the past. I've had some great items, and I know people have made an absolute fortune from selling the stuff on - that was FREE! FREE I TELLS YA.

So whilst I agree the selection isn't always great, and the expiration of stars is odd, at least we get some cool merchandise out of it from time to time!

Ummm, at least there is a fucking stars catalogue! And there's been some crazy good stuff on there in the past. I've had some great items, and I know people have made an absolute fortune from selling the stuff on - that was FREE! FREE I TELLS YA.

So whilst I agree the selection isn't always great, and the expiration of stars is odd, at least we get some cool merchandise out of it from time to time!

It's a half baked system that could be better. I'm bitter about it because it has the potential there to be something incredible. It could be a really great rewards system. The fact that the stars expire is bizarre and doesn't make sense at all. I can understand having a limited stock-list for certain items; first come, first served and all that. But, there is no reason why your stars should expire. It goes against the idea of ALL reward systems where you save up for the better items because this system tells you that you need to spend them at a much quicker rate, or else you end up with nothing.

Nintendo even fucked up my registration for the system, so I just give all my stars to Ine and she uses them for whatever. :p

Wah? Wallpapers? I just checked and there actual are no purchase-able wallpapers. Unless you mean wall stickers?

I still defend we do get some decent stuff from time to time that the US doesn't get. I am envious of there free games, though to be honest I probably would have bought them already.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...