NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Heaven

Assassins creed- no subtitles. Will I be able to play it?

FOR GODS SHAKE

my favourite games do NOT have subtitles and I never know the reason I am playing for! RE 4 for example didnt include subtitles and I had to ask my older brother to sit and watch me playing and then explain 2 me what the f*ck did Leon and Adda say.

Also, I still dont know the story of Prince of persia!

And now Assassins creed...the reason I havent bought it yet is the lack of subtitles. Now that u guys probably have played and finished the game will u tell me,is it possible for me to beat it? I dont care about the story, its more of the experience. I can read read it though wikipedia tho (as always...)

You get markers for mission objectives so I wouldn't have thought it was a problem. Your English seems good enough for the main story anyway, I wouldn't worry.

Initially the controls might be a bit weird but they aren't hard to figure out.

If worse come to worse, you can look it up on the internet.

Great game but don't play it in one massive go, spread it out over a couple of weeks, if you can, with another game.

Assassin's Creed is easy to understand just from looking at it. The only time when you might need someone to explain what the hell's going on is in the final scenes (but I won't spoil that for you).

Its not because English isnt my first language. Its because Im hearing impaired...

Its not because English isnt my first language. Its because Im hearing impaired...

I have to say this recent trend to miss out subtitles does suck...I work at a residential college largely for visually impaired young people, but we do also have people who struggle to hear and it makes things very difficult for them to play games. Which is really hard for some of them (who all have learning difficulities) to understand why when they have played games all their lives and used subtitles when needed that they suddenly cannot.

Ah, sorry, my bad.

Companies should really be legally obligated to supply subtitles. Personally my favorite part of Assassin's Creed was just running around acting like an assassin (a pretty uncoordinated one I grant you but an assassin all the same :p ). I can't see any way you wouldn't be able to beat it though. Your mission objectives are always listed as far as I am aware.

The Assassin's Creed wiki should help:

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_Home

When you complete it this will explain the absurdly convoluted ending. Obviously don't read it before you complete it. :heh:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552&site=xbW

Sorry to hear that. I remember reading a letter several years ago in a games mag, where someone wrote in about developers missing subtitles out of games completely. It's a massive shame and it can't be that much effort to put in subtitles. :(

I think they should have subtitles for everything: DVD's, movies etc. I find it so much easier to follow and they could simply have the option to turn it off for those who don't want or need them.

I'm not hearing impaired but I still very much prefer subtitles to no subtitles....maybe I should check my hearing as I always put subtitles on, no matter what, on my DVD's. I just prefer it.

The story is pretty poor (and yet it's still by far the best thing about the game), so you won't be missing out on much.

The story is pretty poor (and yet it's still by far the best thing about the game), so you won't be missing out on much.

Hardly, the parkour is easily the best thing.

Also the combat is awesome.

Holding L and tapping X to win is not awesome.

Way to boil down something to its absolute basics.

*slow clap*

It should also be said that if they are going to do subtitles they need to actually match up to the video. Bioshock for example has awful subtitling. Then again, it's better than none for sure.

. Bioshock for example has awful subtitling.

seconded. It was really annoying, subtitles go poof (thats how I call it) before the person stops talking!

Way to boil down something to its absolute basics.

*slow clap*

Oh, ignore Dean, he hates fun. :p

Sign in to follow this